British Speedway Forum

He is connected that isn't in doubt but it seems relationships turned sour! Sandhu didn't sell to Brandon Estates, it was sold twice very quickly it seems.

David Rowe from Keep Bees on Track says they are "aware" of a new site and they'll give a statement today.

I love the way that statement is worded!

I can understand now, why Jeff was so upset yesterday. IF, there is a realistic possibility of us getting a new stadium, we need to make sure that Horton is nowhere near it!!!

I should imagine it's quite easy to muscle him out and even revise the name of the club to make a new company? :neutral:

I love the way that statement is worded!

I can understand now, why Jeff was so upset yesterday. IF, there is a realistic possibility of us getting a new stadium, we need to make sure that Horton is nowhere near it!!!

I should imagine it's quite easy to muscle him out and even revise the name of the club to make a new company? :neutral:

I don't think it should be too difficult.

I very much doubt Horton has had much if any input. Sandhu always said he'll provide a new site so we will see.

So a pre planning application went in 25th August, the group have worked hard.

If you think Sandhu will do anything about a new stadium you are deluded , you think Horton can't finance a new stadium ,yet you think a gaggle of empty pockets dissapointed supporters lead by a couple of dreamers can , most amusing

If you think Sandhu will do anything about a new stadium you are deluded , you think Horton can't finance a new stadium ,yet you think a gaggle of empty pockets dissapointed supporters lead by a couple of dreamers can , most amusing

Where did I say I think Sandhu will fund it? I said he that hes said he would so let's see. You, or I have no idea how it would be funded yet. You almost sound disappointed that fans have got off their backside and managed to get to a point where they've put a pre planning application. Utterly bizarre.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

I don't think it should be too difficult.

The problem is now, that by opening his gob, hes caused the group to have to issue a statement.

I've sat here, read it and felt that there was a glimmer of hope, which is exactly what they were trying to avoid at this early stage....

The blokes an idiot!

• Like 3

looks like Horton is trying to mess things up .I just wonder with what's gone on whether Horton is getting a back hander from a certain developer?

Brandon Estates will want a new stadium to happen, helps there chances in future to build houses.

The problem is now, that by opening his gob, hes caused the group to have to issue a statement.

I've sat here, read it and felt that there was a glimmer of hope, which is exactly what they were trying to avoid at this early stage....

The blokes an idiot!

Yep it's the last thing he should've said!

Tal to the group on Twitter occasionally and I've said to them more than once that fans just want news when something is pretty much finalised. When Jeff tweeted yesterday I knew it would be about a site, they didn't and still don't want to raise hopes as it's in the very early stages. Confirming that a pre planning app has gone in has raised my hopes though but I do wish I didn't know about it, if that makes sense.

At the very least I see this as a hopeful statement.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all Coventry Speedway Supporters.

• Like 2

Brandon Estates will want a new stadium to happen, helps there chances in future to build houses.

Yep it's the last thing he should've said!

Tal to the group on Twitter occasionally and I've said to them more than once that fans just want news when something is pretty much finalised. When Jeff tweeted yesterday I knew it would be about a site, they didn't and still don't want to raise hopes as it's in the very early stages. Confirming that a pre planning app has gone in has raised my hopes though but I do wish I didn't know about it, if that makes sense.

As you and I know the garden centre opposite has been derelict for probably 20 years now and still no houses last I heard it was going back to being a garden centre what chance planning for the stadium site
  • Like 1

This is bad News. I really hope they don't wreck the place.

Where are the Police?

Edited by The White Knight

As you and I know the garden centre opposite has been derelict for probably 20 years now and still no houses last I heard it was going back to being a garden centre what chance planning for the stadium site

I believe it got permission to be a garden centre again but that was a while back. If the garden centre opens it would make it more difficultdue traffic in and out of both sites.

I believe it got permission to be a garden centre again but that was a while back. If the garden centre opens it would make it more difficultdue traffic in and out of both sites.

for housing yes but not for speedway

Never heard of Brandon Bob.

As for me and Starman what have we done wrong? Tell me and I'll apologise if I've done something wrong.

Seriously all joking aside. Get professional help.

• Like 1

Where did I say I think Sandhu will fund it? I said he that hes said he would so let's see. You, or I have no idea how it would be funded yet. You almost sound disappointed that fans have got off their backside and managed to get to a point where they've put a pre planning application. Utterly bizarre.

the fans have got off their backside and done a whole lot of shouting , but when it comes to the crunch they don't have the money to back it up

This is bad News. I really hope they don't wreck the place.

Where are the Police?

Sandhu invited them ,, odd the garden centre across the road has been derelict for so long yet never had gyppos move onto there