British Speedway Forum

Seriously all joking aside. Get professional help.

Would keep a shrink in employment for years :t:

Would keep a shrink in employment for years :t:

It was bad enough when Gater1 and PPF were talking to each other on a Poole thread but now its getting even weirder changing a name to poke fun at Cov.

Who is going to pay for this new site to be developed, because it will be far too expensive for Horton in my opinion.

Suggest contacting a Mr Hemsley for advice on how to finance new stadium. However, be careful not to let him in, and conduct dealings with a long spoon.

I love how the conspiracy theory just won't go away, no matter how many people say it. Sandhu's name has been dragged through the gutter in all this, I just don't understand how people think this is all so pre-planned.

My concern would be how the hell to shut Mick Horton up and who is giving him information to go blabbing. The telegraph and Horton seem to now and again crop up with unhelpful headlines. We were told we would know something when it was the right time, the work that the committee have put in along with the councils has been risked by somebody who should know better But instead we add this to the CV of hortons cock ups and disaster stories.

More than ever, I'm not sure if it's because it's the end of the season or the realisation that 2018 looks the same as this that I really miss Brandon. 10 years since the glorious treable and driving past and just wanting so much to be able to have a walk round for a last time. Brandon estates have proved a nasty piece of work that can't be trusted, won't speak to the speedway group set up by Jeff and David but can comment on travelers. I hope Rugby Council repay the silent treatment for decades when they finally come crawling out the hole and submit an application, nobody wants them about and the reputation and press they have received has not been favourable at all.

I just want my speedway team back, I want it run by somebody with integrity and honesty. But I also want to win the lottery ... Fingers crossed on all counts then hey.

• Like 7

for housing yes but not for speedway

Yep imagine both entries being used constantly all day. The road is to narrow to deal with that. Plus I guess the garden centre will have hgvs delivering stock.

In other news which I'm not sure hasn't been put on this thread. Scott Nicholls, Rory Schlein, Kyle Howarth, Adam Roynon and Joe Jacobs ride for Coventry Bees at Leicester.

Edited by woz01

Yep imagine both entries being used constantly all day. The road is to narrow to deal with that. Plus I guess the garden centre will have hgvs delivering stock.

In other news which I'm not sure hasn't been put on this thread. Scott Nicholls, Rory Schlein, Kyle Howarth, Adam Roynon and Joe Jacobs ride for Coventry Bees at Leicester.

who is the Bees promoter for this ? save coventry speedway haha

I love how the conspiracy theory just won't go away, no matter how many people say it. Sandhu's name has been dragged through the gutter in all this, I just don't understand how people think this is all so pre-planned.

My concern would be how the hell to shut Mick Horton up and who is giving him information to go blabbing. The telegraph and Horton seem to now and again crop up with unhelpful headlines. We were told we would know something when it was the right time, the work that the committee have put in along with the councils has been risked by somebody who should know better But instead we add this to the CV of hortons cock ups and disaster stories.

More than ever, I'm not sure if it's because it's the end of the season or the realisation that 2018 looks the same as this that I really miss Brandon. 10 years since the glorious treable and driving past and just wanting so much to be able to have a walk round for a last time. Brandon estates have proved a nasty piece of work that can't be trusted, won't speak to the speedway group set up by Jeff and David but can comment on travelers. I hope Rugby Council repay the silent treatment for decades when they finally come crawling out the hole and submit an application, nobody wants them about and the reputation and press they have received has not been favourable at all.

I just want my speedway team back, I want it run by somebody with integrity and honesty. But I also want to win the lottery ... Fingers crossed on all counts then hey.

Please don't make any more offensive posts like this , Coventry speedway was doomed the minute Sandhu walked through the gate , and suggestions that he is any kind of innocent in all this IS offensive to a lot of Bees fans ,

Edited by speedibee

Please don't make any more offensive posts like this , Coventry speedway was doomed the minute Sandhu walked through the gate , and suggestions that he is any kind of innocent in all this IS offensive to a lot of Bees fans ,

Oh the irony Speedibee complaining about supposed "offensive posting". Just have a look around the topics and see the quality of some of his stuff.

• Like 7

If you have the evidence to say otherwise then please by all means inform us all. What IS offensive is reading half the utter tripe written on here. As a Bees fan I think we have so much to thank Sandhu for or did you think 2005,2006, 2007, 2010 was just a magical happening that occurred in this cloud cuckoo land you are in. Were you moaning when Emil was signed, were you moaning this time 10 years ago in the clubs most successful ever year.

Riders have come out and spoke in support of Sandhu and the way he conducted himself as owner of the bees. If the finger was to be pointed anywhere it is the BSPA as they made Coventry's life very difficult and Sandhu sold up, British Speedway would have been in a far better position had at the time Sandhu been took seriously.

Who do you think maybe funding this new venture out of interest then? The Council, Mick Horton or Somebody who has just sold an asset for a few million?

• Like 2

If you have the evidence to say otherwise then please by all means inform us all. What IS offensive is reading half the utter tripe written on here. As a Bees fan I think we have so much to thank Sandhu for or did you think 2005,2006, 2007, 2010 was just a magical happening that occurred in this cloud cuckoo land you are in. Were you moaning when Emil was signed, were you moaning this time 10 years ago in the clubs most successful ever year.

Riders have come out and spoke in support of Sandhu and the way he conducted himself as owner of the bees. If the finger was to be pointed anywhere it is the BSPA as they made Coventry's life very difficult and Sandhu sold up, British Speedway would have been in a far better position had at the time Sandhu been took seriously.

Who do you think maybe funding this new venture out of interest then? The Council, Mick Horton or Somebody who has just sold an asset for a few million?

who sold Coventry Stadium to other developers when he hit a Brick wall trying to build on it himself . , haha your'e suggesting Sandhu will finance it . just like he left "no stone unturned " in his search for a new site , I forget where the sites he looked at were ,maybe you could refresh my memory

Edited by speedibee

says you let the fans speak for themselves you have been against Sandu from day one and right up Hortons backside Edited by kingbee

who sold Coventry Stadium to other developers when he hit a Brick wall trying to build on it himself . , haha your'e suggesting Sandhu will finance it . just like he left "no stone unturned " in his search for a new site , I forget where the sites he looked at were ,maybe you could refresh my memory

I understand it was the bank who sold Coventry Stadium not Sandhu, When it was purchased from the Ochiltree family he could have easily done the same as what Brandon Estates did and locked the gates. I have no idea where the sites were that were looked at apart from Brandon Farm was it called but in regards the proposed site, you think it can be built with monopoly money? The land, planning, building will cost millions. If Mick Horton has the backers then that's all well and good but.. in reality i think we know the answer. The council will i am sure want assurances that capital is in place otherwise its a waste of everybody's time.

• Like 3

I understand it was the bank who sold Coventry Stadium not Sandhu, When it was purchased from the Ochiltree family he could have easily done the same as what Brandon Estates did and locked the gates. I have no idea where the sites were that were looked at apart from Brandon Farm was it called but in regards the proposed site, you think it can be built with monopoly money? The land, planning, building will cost millions. If Mick Horton has the backers then that's all well and good but.. in reality i think we know the answer. The council will i am sure want assurances that capital is in place otherwise its a waste of everybody's time.

I very much doubt it'll cost millions. How much did it cost to set up Leicester and Somerset?

Trinity Mirror (aka Coventry Telegraph) know no better than to talk to Horton who they know as the Bees promoter when writing about Brandon or speedway

In the good old days of the Coventry Evening Telegraph, with "Broadsider" or Alex Goodman, there would be proper professional reporting and investigative journalism, unlike what TM provide today

One only has to browse the CT to see just how little connection there is with the city of Coventry - so many errors, repeated over and over, articles written with little or no knowledge or background research

It's not only in British Speedway where standards have fallen, there's the British press for starters!

• Like 6