British Speedway Forum

My first ever speedway meeting was at Brandon in 1959 . I'd been to Silverstone with two work mates to a vintage car race meeting and they introduced me to speedway on the way home.I was hooked!! :D

Just to add ..... Watching the video tugged on the heart strings a little.

Just watched the Clip.

It is First Class - so many memories in there.

Very best wishes on your efforts Save Coventry Speedway.

I don't know what else to say really - but there is always hope.

• Like 1

Excellent tactic by jeff and the dreamers :)

Love the video especially the one with the Ochiltrees and Greg.

So many memories evoked by it.

Up the bees.

Edited by naffer

Excellent tactic by jeff and the dreamers :)

Love the video especially the one with the Ochiltrees and Greg.

So many memories evoked by it.

Up the bees.

It's Jeff here and I'm sure I speak for the dreamers too.

There is nothing inevitable about Brandon Estates getting planning permission just because they have drawn up a scheme showing 137 houses on the site of Brandon Stadium. There is major opposition to it, not only from speedway and stock car fans but the vast majority of local residents too.

They bought a viable, operational sports stadium in 2013 and are making what is an outrageous speculative bid to demolish it and build houses for huge profit. They should not be allowed to do it.

So we will dream on. We will fight it at the forthcoming Local Plan Public Examination.

Don't give up - that's exactly what Brandon Estates want you to do.

• Like 3

There will be memorabilia there today also. A speedway bike and a Stock Car is at the venue.

It just says there is a lot of opposition to building houses on the site, and no one from Brandon estates was there to comment.

What a suprise no one was there from Brandon Estates. Pretty sure if they were, they would be well known to all.

Big effort required by speedway and stox fans, combined with local residence, to get this building project kicked into the very deep grass.

What a suprise no one was there from Brandon Estates. Pretty sure if they were, they would be well known to all.

Big effort required by speedway and stox fans, combined with local residence, to get this building project kicked into the very deep grass.

Big effort required!!!!!

What the hell do you call the work carried out since last March you clown?

Edited by Dave Jones

Big effort required!!!!!

What the hell do you call the work carried out since last March you clown?

Good god with remarks like this its hard to muster up sympathy for certain Coventry morons. Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 5

Good god with remarks like this its hard to muster up sympathy for a few Coventry morons.

If you cared to take the time, and checked out what's been going on with the Save Coventry Speedway Group, you would realise that a massive amount of effort has been. and still is being put in.

If you cared to take the time, and checked out what's been going on with the Save Coventry Speedway Group, you would realise that a massive amount of effort has been. and still is being put in.

Of course there is. And NOW is the time for maximum effort. That was all I was saying but if you would rather call people clowns than appreciate that fans from other clubs actually care, then why should I bother to write an email to the planning department supporting the speedway and stox application for refusal?

• Like 6

Work on this has been going on since 2014 when we set up Facebook and Twitter accounts along with meetings with various people involved. It involved a fair few people with speedway and stox connections along with a couple of people who are millionaires I gather. Already put in a pre planning application for a site but I don't know what's going on with that exactly.

• Like 2

As the licence is currently 'on ice' will Coventry Speedway send a representative (Mick Horton or Neil Watson) to the AGM?