British Speedway Forum

It's a tough one, I can understand Coventry fans not wanting to support anything to do with Horton. I'm not sure what I would do if it was me.

Oh and Starman what are you doing on this thread when you said Stevebrum isn't allowed on the Poole one, back to the Poole one you go!! :D

• Like 4

1 in 5 of the total number of votes cast so far have voted yes.

Yes= 20.3%

No= 79.7%.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

May be there's a lot of fans that will go, that don't use this forum?

What are the main reasons for not going? Politics, or financial ? if not either, then what other reason/s are there?

Surely this is being looked at as a temporary fix as an aside from the efforts to get the Bees back in Coventry.

BE cant say their is no need for Brandon or wherever in the city and use Leicester as the reason. The fact its in Leicester is a give away.

If it was well supported in the manner of the Heathens then it keeps the Bees front and centre whilst also showing demand/desire for the club is live.

If fans are going to travel to a rival track to see their lads at home imagine what they will be like with their own track in their city.

I think its a fine line for Bees fans as they could end up throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Surely this is being looked at as a temporary fix as an aside from the efforts to get the Bees back in Coventry.

BE cant say their is no need for Brandon or wherever in the city and use Leicester as the reason. The fact its in Leicester is a give away.

If it was well supported in the manner of the Heathens then it keeps the Bees front and centre whilst also showing demand/desire for the club is live.

If fans are going to travel to a rival track to see their lads at home imagine what they will be like with their own track in their city.

I think its a fine line for Bees fans as they could end up throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Absolutely correct.

There seems to be a feeling of glee from certain Coventry fans that thd move to Leicester will fail, bringing about the final nail in the coffin for Coventry speedway.

Some seem to be pinning their hopes on a group of Coventry fans to bring the sport back to Brandon, or at leadt Coventry. But what affiliation do these people have with Horton? If none, it would be the same as me saying I am going to attempt to bring the Bees back to Brandon. Unless these group of fans have deep pockets to buy Horton out, its not likely to go anywhere and will result in no team on track.

• Like 1

No I quite understand the situation.

Then why are you behaving like you have Starman's brain!

Or are you big deliberately obtuse?

• Like 1

Absolutely correct.

There seems to be a feeling of glee from certain Coventry fans that thd move to Leicester will fail, bringing about the final nail in the coffin for Coventry speedway.

Some seem to be pinning their hopes on a group of Coventry fans to bring the sport back to Brandon, or at leadt Coventry. But what affiliation do these people have with Horton? If none, it would be the same as me saying I am going to attempt to bring the Bees back to Brandon. Unless these group of fans have deep pockets to buy Horton out, its not likely to go anywhere and will result in no team on track.

A feeling of glee!! You really are a tool.

A newspaper put up a poll asking how many would attend Leicester , It was a simple yes / no, would you attend for NL speedway? 80% are saying no at the moment . I would suggest all of those fans are very unhappy about the situation.

The bottom line here is the total lack of faith in anything involving Mick Horton, he's had 5 seasons with the bees we fully understand what type of operator he is.

He has no involvement with the people you describe as a group of fans and neither do we want to see him included.

If you had half a brain you would find out who this " group of fans " are and the contacts they have, then you wouldn't need to come on here & ridicule them.

There is absolutely no guarantee that they will be successful in their efforts to save the club but I'm pretty sure that the majority of supporters feel they are in safer hands than they would be supporting Mick Horton, and before you ask No I'm not involved in the save coventry group in any way .

• Like 3

A feeling of glee!! You really are a tool.

A newspaper put up a poll asking how many would attend Leicester , It was a simple yes / no, would you attend for NL speedway? 80% are saying no at the moment . I would suggest all of those fans are very unhappy about the situation.

The bottom line here is the total lack of faith in anything involving Mick Horton, he's had 5 seasons with the bees we fully understand what type of operator he is.

He has no involvement with the people you describe as a group of fans and neither do we want to see him included.

If you had half a brain you would find out who this " group of fans " are and the contacts they have, then you wouldn't need to come on here & ridicule them.

There is absolutely no guarantee that they will be successful in their efforts to save the club but I'm pretty sure that the majority of supporters feel they are in safer hands than they would be supporting Mick Horton, and before you ask No I'm not involved in the save coventry group in any way .

Rather than continuously making a pillock of yourself by throwing abuse, perhaps you should consider a neutral viewpoint from a speedway fan who actually wants your club to survive.

It doesn't matter who these people are in the group.

We can all wish for different owners but it means nothing. If they don't own the product they are nothing more than a group of people with the same interest.

Have they made an offer to Horton to buy his promoters licence? If not why not?

I hope for the sake of Coventry speedway that their 'fans' on here don't represent the majority of fans who just turn up to support their team. Otherwise in 5 years time they will be regretting not keeping their club alive in 2018.

Rather than continuously making a pillock of yourself by throwing abuse, perhaps you should consider a neutral viewpoint from a speedway fan who actually wants your club to survive.

We can all wish for different owners but it means nothing. If they don't own the product they are nothing more than a group of people with the same interest.

I hope for the sake of Coventry speedway that their 'fans' on here don't represent the majority of fans who just turn up to support their team. Otherwise in 5 years time they will be regretting not keeping their club alive in 2018.

I'm not sure of the correct term for " verbal diarrhoea" when it's written down but your post definitely qualifies . :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

That's a bit rich coming from you when your Promoter indirectly caused the situation that the Bess find themselves in. You must think we all have short memories!!!!

• Like 5

Perhaps we should open a "Steve Shoveller 2018" thread, where he can go and play to his heart's content, and leave us Coventry fans on here to discuss sensibly our current problems and how we might see the sport return to Warwickshire

Oh, by the way, if you'd taken the trouble to check, SS, those behind the Save Coventry Speedway & Stox have indicated that they have plenty of funds available for future projects

• Like 3

Perhaps we should open a "Steve Shoveller 2018" thread, where he can go and play to his heart's content, and leave us Coventry fans on here to discuss sensibly our current problems and how we might see the sport return to Warwickshire

Oh, by the way, if you'd taken the trouble to check, SS, those behind the Save Coventry Speedway & Stox have indicated that they have plenty of funds available for future projects

So if thats the case, SS has a valid point. Why haven't they paid Horton off and run the team at Leicester.

So if thats the case, SS has a valid point. Why haven't they paid Horton off and run the team at Leicester.

Why would they give Horton 200.000 for a name?

Why would they give Horton 200.000 for a name?

£200 would be enough for him.