British Speedway Forum

Yes the bspa could give a new consortium a licence. But they (bspa) would be wide open to being sued for more money than they have.

If, say, they refused to give Horton a licence, and theres no reason why they wouldnt, he could just sell the club to a family member who would then apply for a licence.

The only legal way new owners can come in is if they buy the club from Horton. Theres no getting over this fact. And they cant call themselves Brandon Wasps either, or operate within 30 miles of Coventry as each licence has distance protection.

What some think could happen is the equivelent to someone knocking on your door. You open it and in they stroll in and say they are now going to live here now and you have no rights.

I am not trying to stir the pot. Just saying it as it more or less is. And because Coventry made a 25 grand loss means nothing. Horton could have offset debts/profits from his other businesses. The value of Coventry speedway has very little to do with yearly accounts.

Both owners had brought the sport into disrepute. Belle Vue for failing to pay any rent (they were basically dead in the water) and Leicester with the promoter refusing to pay his fine and attacking an official.

I think they have plenty to go on not giving Horton a licence! Whoever has the licence has the right to run Speedway. Doesn't matter who 'owns' a club name, you just set up a new company, get a bspa licence and your good to go, happened at Leicester last year.

I don't think there's a speedway fan out there who doesn't want Coventry back in the top flight and on a stable footing.

But boycotting the club in their hour of need is not the solution in my opinion. It will just bring about the complete demise that bit faster. Support them or lose them.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I am not trying to stir the pot. Just saying it as it more or less is. And because Coventry made a 25 grand loss means nothing. Horton could have offset debts/profits from his other businesses. The value of Coventry speedway has very little to do with yearly accounts.

True to an extent that losses/profits can be moved around other businesses but he is not Branson and if you continually show losses you will not be able to get credit etc. But I was talking about the net worth of the business which as I am sure you will know is not unrelated but not the same thing as profit.

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/save-our-bees-brandon-estates-tight-lipped-following-bees-leicester-move-funding-allegations/

A little more news.

Given Horton's comments it appears quite clear that his ambition is to sell off what he can as quickly as possible. And fans are expected to support him in that are they.?

Edited by Dave Jones

https://coventryobserver.co.uk/news/save-our-bees-brandon-estates-tight-lipped-following-bees-leicester-move-funding-allegations/

A little more news.

Given Horton's comments it appears quite clear that his ambition is to sell off what he can as quickly as possible. And fans are expected to support him in that are they.?

Significant that 'Brandon Estates' refused to answer questions.

The air is heavy with a smell of a Rat.

:sad::sad::sad:

Edited by The White Knight

Significant that 'Brandon Estates' refused to answer questions.

The air is heavy with a smell of a Rat.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Have Brandon Estates ever made a comment anywhere?

Other than their lawyer saying the gypsies are in and we need to build houses before they take over, there has been silence from them.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Have Brandon Estates ever made a comment anywhere?

Other than their lawyer saying the gypsies are in and we need to build houses before they take over, there has been silence from them.

Still posting rubbish I see They have said plenty in the past, and failed to deliver on most of it.

Time for you to butt out of this topic I think there's obviously too much going on for your brain to cope with.

• Like 1

Still posting rubbish I see They have said plenty in the past, and failed to deliver on most of it.

Time for you to butt out of this topic I think there's obviously too much going on for your brain to cope with.

I most certainly will not stop posting on this thread for all your pathetic and frankly childish posts.

Even with moronic Coventry fans like Dave Jones, its fair to say speedway fans from all clubs hope that the bees survive and come through this sad period.

Well said Steve - I do think its time that this thread was put in the right section though!!

Well said Steve - I do think its time that this thread was put in the right section though!!

Well said!!! :D

I've always had Shovlar down as a bit of a numpty, something he is living up to these last few days on this topic.

But you , although you always like to present yourself as someone " a little bit superior" i always considered you as someone with intelligence.

Or is your post just a mates thing? :D

• Like 1

Well said!!! :D

I've always had Shovlar down as a bit of a numpty, something he is living up to these last few days on this topic.

But you , although you always like to present yourself as someone " a little bit superior" i always considered you as someone with intelligence.

Or is your post just a mates thing? :D

Perhaps its just you coming over as the condescending fool with nothing to say other than give out abuse.

Do you actually attend speedway meetings anyway? Or are you just one of those on here that talks speedway but rarely puts your hand in your pocket to attend a Coventry meeting? Just asking....

Perhaps its just you coming over as the condescending fool with nothing to say other than give out abuse.

Do you actually attend speedway meetings anyway? Or are you just one of those on here that talks speedway but rarely puts your hand in your pocket to attend a Coventry meeting? Just asking....

I've actually been very close to you a couple of times this last season at meetings, I've been able to see how you conduct yourself at speedway and conclude that you still haven't grown up.

I must admit I didn't manage to get Brandon last season however.

I've actually been very close to you a couple of times this last season at meetings, I've been able to see how you conduct yourself at speedway and conclude that you still haven't grown up.

I must admit I didn't manage to get Brandon last season however.

How I conduct myself? Lol!

I am usually with a group of friends all having a laugh. How are you meant to act at a sporting event? Probably solemnly if you are a Coventry fan? Or cheer your team on and enjoy yourself like our group do at Poole.

Would hate to spend any time with you at a meeting. Would probably be suicidal by heat 10!

How I conduct myself? Lol!

I am usually with a group of friends all having a laugh. How are you meant to act at a sporting event? Probably solemnly if you are a Coventry fan? Or cheer your team on and enjoy yourself like our group do at Poole.

Would hate to spend any time with you at a meeting. Would probably be suicidal by heat 10!

Leave them Steve they are just trying to get you to bite.

• Like 1