British Speedway Forum

Never been a fan of Batchelor, even when he was in the GPs, apart from that 21 point maximum he got, I've NEVER seen him have a decent meeting, he always has some kind of issue

Oh I thought he was the Coventry asset, is it the other Pawlicki? :P

How about then

1. Danny King 6.87

2. Troy Batchelor 5.49

3. Scott Nicholls 6.28

4. Jason Garrity 6.05

5. Chris Harris 6.77

6. Aaron Summers 4.65

7. Josh Bates 4.00

I know Danny is at number 1, and that's pretty weak, but I'd imagine Chris Harris would push there eventually, partner him with Garrity or Summers? That's a pretty solid 1 and 2 and would leave the team with 2 strong reserves, which I think is the key to a good team, just look at Wolverhampton and Poole

1. Chris Harris

2. Jason Garrity / Aaron Summers

3. Scott Nicholls

4. Troy Batchelor

5. Danny King

6. Aaron Summers / Jason Garrity

7. Josh Bates

Wolves have been successful because they have two riders which there averages have been very low when they will struggle to do that next year. Poole will not go with the same strategy we have never been a solid 1 to 7 club we have always been big hitters with either young riders who will eventually become the big hitter or unearthed gems such as Kacper. Solid teams though would they win a title? If batch got going they you have four heatleaders i would say. You have to consider Shamek coming in for you. Unless Matt Ford buys him which i can see him doing.

Wolves have been successful because they have two riders which there averages have been very low when they will struggle to do that next year. Poole will not go with the same strategy we have never been a solid 1 to 7 club we have always been big hitters with either young riders who will eventually become the big hitter or unearthed gems such as Kacper. Solid teams though would they win a title? If batch got going they you have four heatleaders i would say. You have to consider Shamek coming in for you. Unless Matt Ford buys him which i can see him doing.

Unearthed gems such as Kacper? I am pretty sure he started off at Peterborough and then Swindon so hardly unearthed!

• Like 1

And can he even be described as a 'gem'? I'd query that description. :lol:

• Like 1

Another joke of a line up for Coventry:

COVENTRY round off their Elite League season when they take on King’s Lynn at Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

The Stars, led by Grand Prix star Niels-Kristian Iversen, can deny the Buildbase Bees a top-six finish if they can repeat the drama of their one-point victory of their last visit in July.

It’s the first of two matches in one night at regular EL admission prices, as the City Gearboxes Storm are also in action against play-off chasing Belle Vue in the National League immediately after the Bees v Stars clash.

The match brings down the curtain on the official Elite League campaign for the Bees, one which has seen them unable to repeat their play-off qualification of 2014 and 2015, but one which has also been full of eventful and entertaining meetings at Brandon.

A busy winter is just around the corner with plans to be put in place both on and off-track for 2017, and promoter Mick Horton is hoping to sign off on a high.

He said: “It’s the last official Bees fixture of the season, and we need to beat King’s Lynn to finish above them.

“With Niels racing for them, I’m sure there are going to be some big battles between him and the likes of Bomber (Chris Harris) and Danny (King) if they can carry on the form they were showing at Wolverhampton on Monday.

“So much hard work has gone into saving the Bees, and the future is looking much, much brighter.

“It is so important to make a statement of how important and popular Coventry Speedway is in the city and to the community.

“We need everyone to come along and show their support to prove we belong here, and get behind the boys in the Elite League for the last time in 2016.”

Both sides are forced into changes on Friday, with squad riders Ben Barker and Adam Roynon stepping in for the Bees as Jason Garrity is injured and Josh Bates is competing in the second round of the World Under-21 Final at Pardubice.

Krzysztof Kasprzak also misses the meeting as he prepares for the decisive round of the Speedway Euro Championships in Rybnik, a meeting for which Kacper Woryna is the Wild Card.

Horton added: “KK has a unique opportunity to become European Champion on Saturday. He is only five points off the top place, and therefore as a club we have given him permission to chase a dream.

“Kacper has been given the Wild Card because the meeting is being held at his home track.

“His performance and result there is not crucial to his career, and on the other hand he is very keen to show the fans at Coventry that he is good enough for a reserve berth next year should the rules allow.”

BUILDBASE BEES (from): Ben Barker, Chris Harris, Danny King, Adam Roynon, James Sarjeant, Kacper Woryna, TBC.
KING’S LYNN (from): Troy Batchelor, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Nikolaj B Jakobsen, Robert Lambert R/R, Ashley Morris, Michael Palm Toft, Carl Wilkinson.

Edited by Bees_Man

That isn't quite true, he called THAT Coventry fan a bellend. With some justification.

No he didn't. His original tweet started as " For all the 🔔 ends out there". We were only asking why the fans didnt know he was missing. Absolutely no need for it.

COVENTRY round off their Elite League season when they take on Kings Lynn at Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

The Stars, led by Grand Prix star Niels-Kristian Iversen, can deny the Buildbase Bees a top-six finish if they can repeat the drama of their one-point victory of their last visit in July.

Its the first of two matches in one night at regular EL admission prices, as the City Gearboxes Storm are also in action against play-off chasing Belle Vue in the National League immediately after the Bees v Stars clash.

The match brings down the curtain on the official Elite League campaign for the Bees, one which has seen them unable to repeat their play-off qualification of 2014 and 2015, but one which has also been full of eventful and entertaining meetings at Brandon.

A busy winter is just around the corner with plans to be put in place both on and off-track for 2017, and promoter Mick Horton is hoping to sign off on a high.

He said: Its the last official Bees fixture of the season, and we need to beat Kings Lynn to finish above them.

With Niels racing for them, Im sure there are going to be some big battles between him and the likes of Bomber (Chris Harris) and Danny (King) if they can carry on the form they were showing at Wolverhampton on Monday.

So much hard work has gone into saving the Bees, and the future is looking much, much brighter.

It is so important to make a statement of how important and popular Coventry Speedway is in the city and to the community.

We need everyone to come along and show their support to prove we belong here, and get behind the boys in the Elite League for the last time in 2016.

Both sides are forced into changes on Friday, with squad riders Ben Barker and Adam Roynon stepping in for the Bees as Jason Garrity is injured and Josh Bates is competing in the second round of the World Under-21 Final at Pardubice.

Krzysztof Kasprzak also misses the meeting as he prepares for the decisive round of the Speedway Euro Championships in Rybnik, a meeting for which Kacper Woryna is the Wild Card.

Horton added: KK has a unique opportunity to become European Champion on Saturday. He is only five points off the top place, and therefore as a club we have given him permission to chase a dream.

Kacper has been given the Wild Card because the meeting is being held at his home track.

His performance and result there is not crucial to his career, and on the other hand he is very keen to show the fans at Coventry that he is good enough for a reserve berth next year should the rules allow.

BUILDBASE BEES (from): Ben Barker, Chris Harris, Danny King, Adam Roynon, James Sarjeant, Kacper Woryna, TBC.

KINGS LYNN (from): Troy Batchelor, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Nikolaj B Jakobsen, Robert Lambert R/R, Ashley Morris, Michael Palm Toft, Carl Wilkinson.

Yep PL 6 pointer at 1. The rest are just our squad riders who are replacing who they are meant to. Edited by woz01

And can he even be described as a 'gem'? I'd query that description. :lol:

Well he was rubbish at Swindon. Can you just remind me who held off to win Poole the title. How have you done for the last couple of years? If you had Kacper you would love him as well.

COVENTRY round off their Elite League season when they take on King’s Lynn at Brandon on Friday (7.30pm).

It’s the first of two matches in one night at regular EL admission prices, as the City Gearboxes Storm are also in action against play-off chasing Belle Vue in the National League immediately after the Bees v Stars clash.

He said: “It’s the last official Bees fixture of the season, and we need to beat King’s Lynn to finish above them.

“With Niels racing for them, I’m sure there are going to be some big battles between him and the likes of Bomber (Chris Harris) and Danny (King) if they can carry on the form they were showing at Wolverhampton on Monday.

“So much hard work has gone into saving the Bees, and the future is looking much, much brighter.

“It is so important to make a statement of how important and popular Coventry Speedway is in the city and to the community.

“We need everyone to come along and show their support to prove we belong here, and get behind the boys in the Elite League for the last time in 2016.”

Horton added: “KK has a unique opportunity to become European Champion on Saturday. He is only five points off the top place, and therefore as a club we have given him permission to chase a dream.

“Kacper has been given the Wild Card because the meeting is being held at his home track.

“His performance and result there is not crucial to his career, and on the other hand he is very keen to show the fans at Coventry that he is good enough for a reserve berth next year should the rules allow.”

KING’S LYNN (from): Troy Batchelor, Niels-Kristian Iversen, Nikolaj B Jakobsen, Robert Lambert R/R, Ashley Morris, Michael Palm Toft, Carl Wilkinson.

Christ, I need glasses.. :o

No he didn't. His original tweet started as " For all the 🔔 ends out there". We were only asking why the fans didnt know he was missing. Absolutely no need for it.

Yep PL 6 pointer at 1. The rest are just our squad riders who are replacing who they are meant to.

Might as well use a proper guest now. KK can get his ban and he can carry it forward to his new team next year!

• Like 3

Well he was rubbish at Swindon. Can you just remind me who held off to win Poole the title. How have you done for the last couple of years? If you had Kacper you would love him as well.

I disagree - I enjoyed watching him at Swindon. He was a bit inconsistent but that's what you expect from a youngster. I was sad to see him go actually.

I disagree - I enjoyed watching him at Swindon. He was a bit inconsistent but that's what you expect from a youngster. I was sad to see him go actually.

Fair enough. I don't think we could call him a polished rider before he came to Poole. He is a final king. He has Torun and Dackarna this year.

Krzysztof Kasprzak also misses the meeting as he prepares for the decisive round of the Speedway Euro Championships in Rybnik

Probably easier to name the meetings he has rode in as he has missed so many.

If Woryna is going to be a reserve, Poole might show an interest too! ;)

Very true considering Matt wanted him at number 8 this season. Depends if we get Ellis and if J Holder will count as reserve.

If Woryna is going to be a reserve, Poole might show an interest too! ;)

Ford isn't that stupid.

well if he wants everyone to come along and support the team he should put a decent team out not a load of rubbish
  • Like 1