British Speedway Forum

I feel that BV, Cov and Lions will be in relegation battle. Should have tried and sign Fricke with all you had.

Can you tell me the full line up for all the teams in the league then for you to know they are the 3 weakest line ups? Fricke is at Belle Vue

Korpi is obviously more expensive than Kerr, and that I'm afraid is all it's about now with Coventry under this shower. Ford stated in their local paper that Coventry had financial problems and Horton wanted costs cut even more!!

Kylmakorpi wanted his flights paying to and from Andorra! As much as I'd love to see him I can see why we haven't got him!

Hang on just remembered that some Coventry fans said Fricke was going there because he's always in the pits? What happened there?

All of these recent posts just highlight the problems British Speedway has at what will be the new Prem level.

What is being posted on the Coventry/Leicester and B.Vue forums is a concern for all. At this rate UK will eb the laughing stock of the developed Speedway World.

At this moment there seems little confidence if any of the 3 teams will actually run. I hope in the very least we get 2 sensible operations going . Even if it did mean Coventry have to up sticks and do some kind of deal over at Leicester.

As for B.Vue we can only hope that the comments from the BSPA bear fruit or it will indeed drag us into the farcical after all the comments about them taking the reins to try and resolve it.

Depending on how this all pans out I think I would rather see just an extended league combining Prem/Champ with a sensible Cup comp in 2018, as the way things are going presently the sport is going slowly to the dogs with all the negativity coming forth in these forums.

It is indeed a sad situation when you hear some of the comments on what may or may not be going on with some of the bastions of speedway such as Coventry and Belle Vue. These are clubs steeped in history and have always been looked upon as the strong since my first days of watching Hackney Wick back in 1970 when I was first introduced to Speedway as a 16 year old and have been a fan ever since.

Clubs come and go over the years but these 2 teams were giants in the Speedway World and it will be sad if we lose them. Also Leicester even if not maybe as big a club in name and history terms as the others.

Let's hope some sense prevails.

all isn't golden in Sweden and Poland with clubs going bust, struggling to pay debts, owing riders money.

It isn't unique to the UK.

This week's speedway star confirms people are all ready to take over both clubs with signings provisionally made.

It seems some don't have the patience to wait for news, instead going down the worst case scenario route as quickly as possible.

I fully expect all named top flight teams to come to the tape next season, shoot me down if I'm wrong.

but it will stop them sitting down

It won't, there are benches left where the seats were. No different to Poole. Edited by stevebrum
  • Like 3

Hang on just remembered that some Coventry fans said Fricke was going there because he's always in the pits? What happened there?

The management didn't want him because his average is artificially high from riding as a second string all season. wouldn't have been upset at him signing but really not bothered we haven't signed him this season. Would have picked Joonas Kylmakorpi over him anyway.

The management didn't want him because his average is artificially high from riding as a second string all season. wouldn't have been upset at him signing but really not bothered we haven't signed him this season. Would have picked Joonas Kylmakorpi over him anyway.

But he's in the pits every week and also someonne heard it from a someone else's mechanic on Facebook? I thought it was reliable information?

Studland Bee, on 26 Nov 2016 - 4:00 PM, said:

In answer to a couple of points; I stood on the roof of my van in Speedway Lane so not the best view of the inner track area, but i could see the stand and general look of the place. I also walked around into the woods and could see the contractors at the rear of the main stand with two skips. The skips contained old rubbish, a section of temporary link fencing and other materials. There was no armco barrier sections or other materials that I could identify from the track as I know it. The pictures I have seen show the track entrance where there is no armco barrier anyway. I have not seen any pictures of the bends / straights, that shows where armco has been removed. I have pictures of when the armco was installed many years ago. The foundations have steel sections six feet in length set in concrete under ground, the visible armco is also filled with concrete, this would be a major job to remove and would need some serious machinery. The only machinery I could see today was a cherry picker in the riders car park, not being used, and a mini digger being used by the contractors. I am only reporting on what i could see and on what one of the contractors said to me.

If Brandon Estates don't have the stadium till January surely the present tenants are only removing what is theirs ? A bit like moving house , would you leave a cooker , telly or your car ? Makes sense to me , new broom , new start !! Then again I have no axe to grind with you promotion either way .

But he's in the pits every week and also someonne heard it from a someone else's mechanic on Facebook? I thought it was reliable information?

You'll have to ask Woz, he's always going on about Fricke riding for Coventry.

What are the bookies odds on the Press Statement being BEES COMPLETE AND MOVE TO LEICESTER ?

Pictures do look in some cases to be a bit of a demolishing job or laying Tarmac eventually for the stock cars and no speedway and with very little movement or noise from Leicester could the two be connected ?

Suprised you have not been berated for saying that. I was. But if its offered they will have to take it.. ;)

If Brandon Estates don't have the stadium till January surely the present tenants are only removing what is theirs ? A bit like moving house , would you leave a cooker , telly or your car ? Makes sense to me , new broom , new start !! Then again I have no axe to grind with you promotion either way .

Which is basically what I posted yesterday.

tbf all us belle vue fans thought he was heading to Coventry. I was shocked when I was told of Coventry team without fricke. Great for us if he signs of course.

• Like 1

but it will stop them sitting down

an opportunity for the track shop to stock a supply of team cushions.

Possibly.

However having no seats won't stop you running.

New strategy from Mick Horton instead of keeping fans on the edge of there seats this should keep them on there toes.

• Like 1