British Speedway Forum

But thats how it is now. The EL and the PL us the same averages so the same riders will be in both. To decide you think Coventry have a poor team because you think it should be one big league is an odd way of looking at it. All teams will be the same. At least Danny stands a chance of achieving his average, Swindon are starting 1.5 points under the limit because Jason Doyle cannot possibly attain his average.

I'm saying the team looks on paper as exciting as the 2014 Brummies or the 2016 Lions. Perhaps with the lower standard it will be okay but the selling point of the top league has been big name riders. Obviously Danny did great at the Brit Final and Cardiff last year. Kenneth is very much yesterdays man. For a team that has had many world class #1 it doesn't excite me much. A bigger name #1 and any 5 of 7 named and it would more.

Well, it does seem strange. It's like me posting on a Leicester City football forum that 'I'm out' because I don't fancy the teams chances when I don't even go.

i do go, and there are members on here that can confirm it.

I'm saying the team looks on paper as exciting as the 2014 Brummies or the 2016 Lions. Perhaps with the lower standard it will be okay but the selling point of the top league has been big name riders. Obviously Danny did great at the Brit Final and Cardiff last year. Kenneth is very much yesterdays man. For a team that has had many world class #1 it doesn't excite me much. A bigger name #1 and any 5 of 7 named and it would more.

And yet he out averaged Janowski, Zagar, both Pawlicki's, Jonsson , Kildemand and Jepsen Jensen in Poland last year.

And in the Swedish Elitserien he ranked above Nicholls and Andersen.

Oh and he was just one point off being a GP rider for 2017.

He may not be the most exciting rider in the world, but is a bargain on his current average.

• Like 1

Poor looking team to be honest with Poole and Wolves looking at naming three quality heat leaders that are much stronger than Bees and Rye House naming a strong top four. Swindon still have another heat leader to unveil while we don't know which way Leicester, Kings Lynn and Belle Vue are heading but some do have strong links with riders.

With the concern over work being done at Brandon and the fact Leicester have yet to be even linked to riders, could the plan be that Coventry move to Leicester for 2017 as the new owners are unlikely to invest on improvement to a stadium they have plans to demolish in the near future.

Unless Swindon are going with 2 NL 2pointers at reserve, they already have their 3 heatleaders in Doyle, Morris & Ellis.

Rye house look much stronger than us in the top 5 although most of the riders in their main team can be inconsistent. However they will be weak at reserve with Branford and only 3pts left for the final rider. If a rider gets injured and needs replacing during the meeting they have a weak reserve pairing.

Coventry's team is very weak in comparison to Poole. However I don't think we will be the only ones.

Coventry, to me, look poor. Danny King at no 1? Can be very good but can also chuck a couple of lasts in for good measure.

The reserves may turn out to be the best in the league but only because the top 5 is weak.

How are clubs supposed to get fans in with the teams being unveiled this year? I worry for the future of this sport.

Main thing with Coventry, though, is making sure the side has somewhere to race.

• Like 2

I don't think that Coventry team looks too bad. What they are conceding in the middle order, they more than make up for at reserve. People are saying Rye House look strong and they do had have lots of experience, but they are likely to line up with two reserves who have no top flight experience. Bates and Sarjeant will have them on toast.

Of course there are questions over Bjerre and Garrity. The later will have to ride with his head and for former will have to show a bit of heart, but in this weakened league I wouldn't say Coventry are a lost cause at all.

It's a team full of potential to improve. Danny King year on year gets better, Garrity couldn't ride with KK and if he stays injury free will improve, with King, bates and Garrity we have out and out racers and in bjerre a gating tart who should be on the pace with most of the top riders.The reserves look decent and the race format this year will not leave them so protected. when you see some of the names mentioned for reserves we have done ok, there will be some where they will be wobbling around at the back getting last places.

Don't think it's as bad as people are making out. They should get plenty of heat two 5-1's and there are riders there who can and probably will increase their averages.

Don't think it's as bad as people are making out. They should get plenty of heat two 5-1's and there are riders there who can and probably will increase their averages.

like who?

Well, it does seem strange. It's like me posting on a Leicester City football forum that 'I'm out' because I don't fancy the teams chances when I don't even go.

i do go, and there are members on here that can confirm it.

I can't be bothered to trawl through all your posts but I thought you'd said more than once on here that you didn't go. Apologies if I am wrong.

And they will concede plenty of 5-1s in the 1-5.

I don't think they will though. If they line up as King-Kerr, Garitty-L Bjerre and K Bjerre-reserves, that doesn't look like pairings which will be on the wrong end of many 5-1s.

• Like 1

I don't think that Coventry team looks too bad. What they are conceding in the middle order, they more than make up for at reserve. People are saying Rye House look strong and they do had have lots of experience, but they are likely to line up with two reserves who have no top flight experience. Bates and Sarjeant will have them on toast.

Of course there are questions over Bjerre and Garrity. The later will have to ride with his head and for former will have to show a bit of heart, but in this weakened league I wouldn't say Coventry are a lost cause at all.

This was the same argument made about Leicester last year ,good reserves etc and they finished flat last. You cant afford to have your top 5 dominated week after week and you also need away wins to get to the playoffs ,where are they going to come from with that top 5

• Like 2

This was the same argument made about Leicester last year ,good reserves etc and they finished flat last. You cant afford to have your top 5 dominated week after week and you also need away wins to get to the playoffs ,where are they going to come from with that top 5

To be fair, King and K Bjerre are better headleaders than the Hougaard, Ulamek, Walasek combination signed by Leicester. Plus Auty was the best draft rider on paper (had the highest PL average) but failed to turn up.

• Like 1

The promotion / Relegation play-off for sure.

Just a bit of banter don't take it seriously.

You may be thinking its banter but its so close to the truth its unreal ...!!

• Like 1