British Speedway Forum

Had, on 27 Nov 2016 - 2:22 PM, said:

You may be thinking its banter but its so close to the truth its unreal ...!!

Two meaningful meetings at the end of the season , now that would be good !

Yeah, but hot pants. The Bees look shatner pants.

To me they're both rubbishe of epic proportions

Being compared to Leicester last year. Lol. Do any of you watch speedway? Or understand that we're at PL level now?

Two er, well how can I put this lets say iffy heat leaders in bjierre and king and the rest are reserves of differing abilities. Sarj can't even be relied upon to get off the line. Where does all the team looks ok come from. Were dependent on how the belle vue and leicester situations pan out as to whether we finish bottom or not.

Two meaningful meetings at the end of the season , now that would be good !

They Would they be just to confirm our relegation

But thats how it is now. The EL and the PL us the same averages so the same riders will be in both. To decide you think Coventry have a poor team because you think it should be one big league is an odd way of looking at it. All teams will be the same. At least Danny stands a chance of achieving his average, Swindon are starting 1.5 points under the limit because Jason Doyle cannot possibly attain his average.

That probably won't make a difference when Coventry need a 4-2 in the last heat against Swindon to draw the meeting and Jason Doyle wins by 10 lengths to secure the meeting.

However the team isn't all doom and gloom. I think most fantasy Premiership sides would have Bates and K Bjerre as they are on very good averages that could easily add a point and a half.

That may have to make up for the rest who could all drop a point but than I wrote off Wolves at the start of last year so you never know.

Quote Clive Fisher 'It's a funny old game' referring to speedway on the days of Screensport.

• Like 1

That probably won't make a difference when Coventry need a 4-2 in the last heat against Swindon to draw the meeting and Jason Doyle wins by 10 lengths to secure the meeting..

Thank God a meeting is more than 1 heat then! It's nice having Doyle but doing so means no reserves. Swindon signed Doyle on 13.5 and we signed Bjerre on 8.2. That 5 point difference means we can have two 5 point men in reserve while Swindon will have a 4 and a 2. But by the end of the season there will be less than 5 points difference between Bjerre and Doyle. As it stands they will both be beating the same riders, KK aside. So Doyle will get about 12 more points over the season beating KK. Because everyone else who has been signed and is rumoured to be signed, Bjerre has the beating of. Seems stupid to me to waste 1.5 points on a rider like Doyle - Swindon will start 1.5 points behind every other team in 2017 - that's before you take into account it would take a mammoth effort to average 11, so that's another point lost. Meanwhile stupid Mick Horton has Kenneth Bjerre. KK and Doyle aside who does he have to fear in the EL? No Puk, Holder, Zagar, AJ. I just don't see Kennett, Morris, Thorsell, Nicholls, Fricke, Cook, Anderson etc worrying him.

SCB, I agree with your last 3 lines providing KB manages to gate first and we know he doesn't always manage to do that, in fact, fairly often he doesn't manage to do that. If any of those riders you mention gets out in front of him his chances of passing any of them is pretty remote. In fact, if lesser riders than those you mention get out in front of him his chances of passing them is pretty remote.

SCB, I agree with your last 3 lines providing KB manages to gate first and we know he doesn't always manage to do that, in fact, fairly often he doesn't manage to do that. If any of those riders you mention gets out in front of him his chances of passing any of them is pretty remote. In fact, if lesser riders than those you mention get out in front of him his chances of passing them is pretty remote.

I accept you have to have a happy Kenneth Bjerre but the way he was gushing over Jim Lynch on twitter a few weeks back he must be happy to ride for him. Yes Bjerre can (and does) go AWOL but so does KK - who can forget that stunning display on Sky at Swindon last year? :D Then look at the leagues other top buys, Fricke? Didn't beat an opponent in 2 away play-off meetings. Morris? 6 times he failed to score 5 last year. Thorsell threw in a few stinkers when he was expected to be a heat leader.

I also accept if any of them riders outgate him he's not passing them in all likelihood but how often are they going to outgate him? Im highly confident that Bjerre will finish top 5 in the averages and the only reason I have him as low as 5th is in case a couple of riders I dont expect sign for teams. Take a look in Poland and Sweden last year. Only KK and Doyle of the Premiership riders averaged more than him.

Two er, well how can I put this lets say iffy heat leaders in bjierre and king and the rest are reserves of differing abilities. Sarj can't even be relied upon to get off the line. Where does all the team looks ok come from. Were dependent on how the belle vue and leicester situations pan out as to whether we finish bottom or not.

They Would they be just to confirm our relegation

It's a slightly stronger PL. You really do have to get away from what the riders were at EL level.

If a rider gets injured and needs replacing during the meeting they have a weak reserve pairing.

I'm not up to speed with the top league yet. Does the injury RR rule still exist?

A confident Kenneth is perfectly capable of overtaking.

Being compared to Leicester last year. Lol. Do any of you watch speedway? Or understand that we're at PL level now?

If we are at PL level now (which I agree we are) how is it relevant that Morris failed to score 6 points as an EL heatleader?

If we are at PL level now (which I agree we are) how is it relevant that Morris failed to score 6 points as an EL heatleader?

And why is SCB comparing Bjerre & Doyle rather than King & Doyle?

Well that being the case Kenneth Bjerre is perfectly capable of being consistent. His 10.5 average last time he rode PL proves that. :D

And why is SCB comparing Bjerre & Doyle rather than King & Doyle?

Why are you comparing King and Bjerre and not Bjerre and Emil Grondal? Bjerre is our best rider. Doyle is your best rider. Makes sense to compare them.

Would be stupid to compare King to Doyle, he's not going to finish within half a point of Doyle. Mind you, he'll lose less off his average than Doyle will!

A confident Kenneth is perfectly capable of overtaking.

Went to Lynn for Emile Bees debut. Kenneth stole the show, passing for fun - including last to 1st in heat 15, against Emil! Sure he scored a maximum that day. Edited by SCB

Went to Lynn for Emile Bees debut. Kenneth stole the show, passing for fun - including last to 1st in heat 15, against Emil!

Pretty sure you stood next to me! 2011, was arguably Bjerre's best season in the UK and he beat Emil, Holder, Ward, Freddie Tec in last heat deciders at Lynn. Passed people for fun too. I know that was several bad injuries ago but in the right environment and in an injury free run he will do well and pass his fair share of opponents.