British Speedway Forum

I can't believe the situation we have major problems with our chosen sport and have had for a few years. For the last few days we have had gloom doom and speculation on this forum. We are waiting for "latest news" the best the Bees can provide is a report on the show st the NEC. Mr Watson is a regular poster on the forum but where is he, he has a responsibility to inform the Coventry suporters of what the current situation is. It could

be all huff and puff at Brandon with a genuine reason for whats's happening. A clear bit of information from the club could stop all the silly speculation. I realise there should be legal reasons for not supplying the exact situation but would suggest we are owed some explanation from Mr Watson in view observe of MH!

• Like 2

It may well be that Messrs Horton and Watson are in as much of the dark as the rest of us. To say nothing or indeed carry on as if nothing was going on however shows IMO an arrogant disregard for supporters.

• Like 1

BBC Coventry & Warwickshire radio have just said speedway correspondant Wayne Roberts will be on their sports programme tonight between 6pm & 7pm with more information

Edited by MAN ON THE TERRACE

According to the Save Coventry Speedway Facebook site, in tonight's Coventry Telegraph it states that all fixtures and fittings in Brandon Stadium belong to the stock car promoters, so possibly a problem between them and Mick Horton.

According to the Save Coventry Speedway Facebook site, in tonight's Coventry Telegraph it states that all fixtures and fittings in Brandon Stadium belong to the stock car promoters, so possibly a problem between them and Mick Horton.

Only how I see it but it's probably Sandhu's way of getting the cheapest rental deal possible. Of course he could've actually tried to get the stadium lease himself in the first place instead of telling everyone no deal could be done with the new site owner.

Only how I see it but it's probably Sandhu's way of getting the cheapest rental deal possible. Of course he could've actually tried to get the stadium lease himself in the first place instead of telling everyone no deal could be done with the new site owner.

Then again it could be just the opposite, and Horton could be trying to extract an unreasonable fee for the stocks to run. With Sandhu playing hardball given that he owns everything required to run speedway at the stadium.

Then again it could be just the opposite, and Horton could be trying to extract an unreasonable fee for the stocks to run. With Sandhu playing hardball given that he owns everything required to run speedway at the stadium.

Or maybe Horton allegedly offering £1 for all the stadium fixtures and fittings.

Either way its 2 pathetic individuals trying to do business and gain oneupmanship.

Sad state of affairs.

• Like 1

Or maybe Horton allegedly offering £1 for all the stadium fixtures and fittings.

thats prob all he has

Either way its 2 pathetic individuals trying to do business and gain oneupmanship.

Sad state of affairs.

I had heard that rumour. If was in Sandhu's position and someone made me an offer like that I have no doubt that I would struggle to deal with him in a civil manner too.

Edited by Dave Jones

Sad state of affairs.

FFS!

thats prob all he has

and he's probably had to borrow that...

• Like 3

It could be but im doubtful. They made zero attempt to get a new lease. At the last Save Cov Speedway meeting they said they were happy to run stox at various different venues in 2017.

Edited by woz01

Here we go again latest chapter of speculation MH tried to buy the assets and fittings for £1 where do these posters get all these strange ideas?. As I said the other day more fairy stories than Hans Anderson (the author not speedway rider).

• Like 2

woz01, on 28 Nov 2016 - 5:49 PM, said:

It could be but im doubtful. They made zero attempt to get a new lease. At the last Save Cov Speedway meeting they said they were happy to run stox at various different venues in 2017.

Perhaps Mick Horton does not want the stox & wants the Bees to return to Saturday night racing & attract some decent crowds like in the old days ??