British Speedway Forum

Perhaps Mick Horton does not want the stox & wants the Bees to return to Saturday night racing & attract some decent crowds like in the old days ??

If he does he will have to refit the stadium out as he has only got a lease for the stadium not the fixtures and fittings I guess that's what this is all about. He probably thought he would walk into the stadium with every thing in situe if he did he's dafter than I thought

If he does he will have to refit the stadium out as he has only got a lease for the stadium not the fixtures and fittings I guess that's what this is all about. He probably thought he would walk into the stadium with every thing in situe if he did he's dafter than I thought

Perhaps he was banking on getting it all for a pound after all. :D

• Like 1

kingbee, on 28 Nov 2016 - 6:26 PM, said:

Do you have control of the track , pits & car park ? If it means it being a bit Spartan & basic for a while ..so what , some of us have had that forever !! You have been spoilt in the past ! ;)

Do you have control of the track , pits & car park ? If it means it being a bit Spartan & basic for a while ..so what , some of us have had that forever !! You have been spoilt in the past ! ;)

Don't forget the need for floodlights, starting gate, safety fence, tractors, blade, other track preparation equipment, etc etc. None of which will be there if Sandhu clears his stuff out.

Horton must realise all that equipment has a value and without it there will be no speedway.

• Like 3

So was any statement made today or have I missed it?

This is what is p!ssing me off Steve, not a bean, diddly, nada, f**k all!

So what was said

• Like 1

Dave Jones, on 28 Nov 2016 - 6:55 PM, said:

Don't forget the need for floodlights, starting gate, safety fence, tractors, blade, other track preparation equipment, etc etc. None of which will be there if Sandhu clears his stuff out.

Horton must realise all that equipment has a value and without it there will be no speedway.

Perhaps the Promotion knows this & its all in hand . Are BUILDBASE still sponsoring Coventry in any capacity ?

Perhaps the Promotion knows this & its all in hand . Are BUILDBASE still sponsoring Coventry in any capacity ?

Replacing all that stuff would cost an absolute fortune..

It would make no sense given the short life expectancy for the stadium.

Dave Jones, on 28 Nov 2016 - 7:17 PM, said:

Replacing all that stuff would cost an absolute fortune..

It would make no sense given the short life expectancy for the stadium.

But if your moving to a new stadium as indicated its an investment surely ? & Are BUILDBASE still sponsoring Coventry in any capacity ?

But if your moving to a new stadium as indicated its an investment surely ? & Are BUILDBASE still sponsoring Coventry in any capacity ?

I don't think there is any guarantee of a new stadium at this point in time, so a bit of a risk investing in new fittings etc. I would imagine.

I don't think there has been any announcement regarding Buildbase for 2017 so far.

Back to the team. Compared to Swindon we're going to win the league!