British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Elrc Brandon Stadium Sat 8th October 7.30pm

Ohhh get you!

Just get a nice burger!

Nice burger that will be the day! All you get at Brandon is a overcooked burger in a stale bun! I usually go to the Roseycombe for a nice pre meeting meal.

Would you know if they are opening the restaurant for this one ?

No sure. There are several places nearby though

• Like 1

Ohhh get you!

Just get a nice burger!

At Coventry!!!!!!! Nice?????? :D:P:party:

• Like 1

I wonder how many of the advertised riders will actually turn up

Is it not in their contracts?

What is more pleasing is that Coventry now have a stay of execution with at least 1 extra year,,, possibly three.

Hopefully suitable time for a new stadium with full planning to be sorted out.

Good luck Coventry

• Like 1

BSPA never learn do they? These meetings don't work that late as most either can't be bothered/gone home/injured or just don't care.

These kind of meetings need to happen at the start of the season IMO

• Like 2

BSPA never learn do they? These meetings don't work that late as most either can't be bothered/gone home/injured or just don't care.

They could of run in June

I think this meeting will be well attended and dont think the Aussies generally go home until end of october and there is no reason why any other riders cant attend also the issues about the stadium being resolved at least for next season could also help. I agree individual meetings late in the season are generally not at the top of the riders agenda but i hope this one will be different
  • Like 1

But many do, they should be racing for their fans.

Mmmmmm.......away celebrating our Golden Wedding Anniversary so I'll have to miss this. :neutral: Presumably this will be the last meeting of the season but at least I can now look forward to 2017 rather than it being the final meeting so I'm happy.

Have Weatherwatcher and Shale Searcher been in touch with an advanced forecast then? :lol:

I suspect that we will be in the final hurrah of an Indian summer, temps around 15c/16c for race time, it will feel slightly muggy, it will be damp from rain showers over the run up to the meeting, but the jet stream will be flowing west to east roughly over central Scotland so warm air being advected north over the UK from the continent.

To summarise....

Evening temps 15c to 16c, a rain free evening, but moisture on and in the track from a showery run up to the day.....

Possibly perfect for speedway!!

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 2

Just hope the riders show the event a bit of respect and actually turn up, a Saturday at Brandon will bring back the memories, as for being fed and watered the Royal Oak will be getting another visit, :)

I suspect that we will be in the final hurrah of an Indian summer, temps around 15c/16c for race time, it will feel slightly muggy, it will be damp from rain showers over the run up to the meeting, but the jet stream will be flowing west to east roughly over central Scotland so warm air being advected north over the UK from the continent.

To summarise....

Evening temps 15c to 16c, a rain free evening, but moisture on and in the track from a showery run up to the day.....

Possibly perfect for speedway!!

Hopefully that will include North Wales. :)

Mmmmmm.......away celebrating our Golden Wedding Anniversary so I'll have to miss this. :neutral: Presumably this will be the last meeting of the season but at least I can now look forward to 2017 rather than it being the final meeting so I'm happy.

Have Weatherwatcher and Shale Searcher been in touch with an advanced forecast then? :lol:

Congratulations in advance Gemini. A real milestone. Mum and Dad have just had their Diamond Anniversary, proud moment in the Wellstead family.
  • Like 3

Thank you and congratulations to your Mum and Dad too. 60 years is a great achievement.

• Like 2