British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Leslie

Should Greg Hancock Ride For Usa?

Total lies from Hancock.

It's possible he could make a "last minute" decision not to fly over, but what about his equipment? That would have to travel by road and sea and must have been already on its way before a "last minute" change of mind....so was this equipment lost at sea? It certainly didn't make it to Britain.

If it was a last minute decision, how did the replacement rider get kevlars made up so quickly?

If you wanted to stand down someone older to give a youngster a chance, you would stand down the old and out-of-their-depth Janniro and Fisher rather than the old-but-world-class Hancock.

If Hancock was acting in the best interests of America's future by blooding youngsters, he would also act in America's best interest by bothering to turn up to help and guide them.

King and Hancock couldn't even get their excuses together and sing from the same hymnsheet. If you tell the truth there is only one story to remember.

All lies from Hancock, who simply let down the USA, their fans, the FIM, Monster Energy, The SWC and British fans.

Totally agree. Cant believe some people are so naieve and wont hear a bad word said against him. He is a total fake and manipulates people. Showed himself for what he really is with the Pedersen incident last year!

• Like 2

Why, he knew the U.S.A had no chance of qualifing, so he stood down and let a young rider get the chance to make a debut in a World Cup meeting and get his first chance of riding on the big stage. If the Yanks want to be up there with the rest of the world then they need yo get thier youngster riding in E urope to gain the knowlage of racing at world level.

If they don't then they will alays be the also rans of speedway, It must have made that lads night even if he never managed to get a poiny. he got the chance to race.

Well done to Great Britain.

Exactly, riding in Europe is what they need . we are no longer in Europe .but I'll be more than happy to see a great American team . once they have learned their craft in " Europe" cant see whats holding them back TBH . we all know Poland , Sweden , Denmark . and Germany will welcome them with open arms and provide them with a living while they get up to speed . and then they can come and ride in our leagues .

Edited by speedibee

Exactly, riding in Europe is what they need . we are no longer in Europe .

Just when you think speedway fans can't get any dumber!

• Like 5

Realistically the USA have achieved their objective, which was to qualify for the race-off and secure automatic qualification for next years semi-final.

That was their goal, they achieved it.

Tonight, they know they have next to no chance of finishing anything other than last given the level of competition. The idea is clearly to blood a couple of young riders in Broc Nicol and Luke Becker to give them a taste of a big event, show them the levels they have to reach and help them understand they can't sit back and rest and must continue to work to improve.

It's disappointing for the fans but there is a logic to it.

Spot on BW :t: or so I thought...not so sure now reading some of the posts on here. Hmm...

Edited by chris4gillian

That's the argument... but much of the evidence doesn't back it up though, the lack of consistency in their statements suggests something different.

• Like 1

Exactly, riding in Europe is what they need . we are no longer in Europe .but I'll be more than happy to see a great American team . once they have learned their craft in " Europe" cant see whats holding them back TBH . we all know Poland , Sweden , Denmark . and Germany will welcome them with open arms and provide them with a living while they get up to speed . and then they can come and ride in our leagues .

Has someone moved Europe to the other side of the world? Last time I looked on Google Earth europe was still about 30 miles away.

• Like 1

Has someone moved Europe to the other side of the world? Last time I looked on Google Earth europe was still about 30 miles away.

Reminds me of an old Newspaper headline 'Fog in the Channel - Europe cut off!' :-)

• Like 2

They would have been far better, letting the two old stagers step down on Friday and have had a team of 4 youngster ride to learn the ropes, but it would have ment bring them over here and all thier equipment for one meeting, perhaps the powers that be in the U.S.A speedway are as tight as our lot are here.

Who knows where the Brits would have finished if they had some money thrown at them. A couple of weeks spent together before the final and some decent equipment for the other 3 and they could have come away with gold. But typical of British speedway, they have to use thier own engines and bikes that where well off the speed off most of the others, will it ever happen in the future, when we see them get some help, for what is one of the major compititions in the speedway calendar. But I doubt that will ever happen.

If the folks over here that run the show, got some decent sponsership and put a bit of money from funds if they have any then we could well bring home Gold next year.

They can't even get a major sponser for the Elite League, so the British team stand no chance.

Not really sure what the B.P.S.A and SCB do with thier time, other than hold an A.G.M once a year and make a hash of that, because they don't other getting out there to get a big name sponsor to help run the whole shouting match.

It is time that things where done rather differently, that is if they want our sport to continue.

They should be getting all the lads that are now showing some promise and arranging some decent meetings with team from the other big players to get them, and British speedway once again one of the best out there.

• Like 1

They would have been far better, letting the two old stagers step down on Friday and have had a team of 4 youngster ride to learn the ropes, but it would have ment bring them over here and all thier equipment for one meeting, perhaps the powers that be in the U.S.A speedway are as tight as our lot are here.

Who knows where the Brits would have finished if they had some money thrown at them. A couple of weeks spent together before the final and some decent equipment for the other 3 and they could have come away with gold. But typical of British speedway, they have to use thier own engines and bikes that where well off the speed off most of the others, will it ever happen in the future, when we see them get some help, for what is one of the major compititions in the speedway calendar. But I doubt that will ever happen.

If the folks over here that run the show, got some decent sponsership and put a bit of money from funds if they have any then we could well bring home Gold next year.

They can't even get a major sponser for the Elite League, so the British team stand no chance.

Not really sure what the B.P.S.A and SCB do with thier time, other than hold an A.G.M once a year and make a hash of that, because they don't other getting out there to get a big name sponsor to help run the whole shouting match.

It is time that things where done rather differently, that is if they want our sport to continue.

They should be getting all the lads that are now showing some promise and arranging some decent meetings with team from the other big players to get them, and British speedway once again one of the best out there.

Maybe you could bankroll Team GB in World cup week similar to the businessman from Newcastle who did the same for the Aussies

• Like 1

is that what you read in my post . well done . as far as I'm aware the European mainland is exactly where it has been for 1,000 years ,yet a million miles from any chance of letting americans use their leagues as a training ground , we're the only muppets who do that , and it appears you are too dim to see I was being ironic/sarcastic when I posted my comment

Edited by speedibee

is that what you read in my post . well done . as far as I'm aware the European mainland is exactly where it has been for 1,000 years ,yet a million miles from any chance of letting americans use their leagues as a training ground , we're the only muppets who do that , and it appears you are too dim to see I was being ironic/sarcastic when I posted my comment

Not really correct.Think there was an American riding in Sweden as his only European base.There have definitely been a couple of Argentinians riding in Denmark as their only or main European base.Just as Cameron Heeps and Brady Kurtz rode in Denmark for a season before going to the UK..

Really, really bad form from Hancock. Let a lot of fans down who specifically went to see him. Also, if he'd been in the mix, taking points off other teams, getting in opponents way in the first turn etc it would have made the meeting a lot more interesting. Cheated the fans big time and the way he tried to make out like he was doing it for the greater good is a little bit pathetic.

• Like 3

Not really correct.Think there was an American riding in Sweden as his only European base.There have definitely been a couple of Argentinians riding in Denmark as their only or main European base.Just as Cameron Heeps and Brady Kurtz rode in Denmark for a season before going to the UK..

I cant think of the American in Sweden since Jon Cook maybe back in the late 90's. Around about the same time Australian Mark Keast was based on Sweden too but that really is about it. Then it's a few in Denmark but Poland certainly doesn't give anyone a helping hand to start out and they're the best in the World by a long way in terms of World Cups in the last 10-15 years.

Certainly proves they don't "do it for the fans" despite what some insist.

So late that both lads had kevlars made up? Yeah right!

If they were letting be youngsters have a chance why was Gino Manzares not used in place of Janniro? He's tweeted he was ready to ride and upset not to get the call.

Becker was already in the first round as reserve so had his suit made.

Broc has been wearing last year's WC suit (or the same design) all season in the states.

• Like 2