British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Kent Vs Isle Of Wight (nl) 1/8 6:30pm

Len's running scared and doesn't want the Warriors using Liam Carr for Compton (Cupitt is riding at number 1), but here's the rulebook showing why his argument that there can't be a guest for Compton for longer than 28 days is invalid.

'16.5.2 For an absent rider with (a) an assessed MA, or has been approved in a team’s declared line-up at the start of the season, a 28-day Facility may be granted at MC’s discretion. '

'16.5.2.1 In the NL this only applies if he was in that Team’s 1-7 at the close of the previous season.'

The Isle of Wight weren't even running 'at the close of the previous season'... So surely the usual facilities rules apply without a time limit restriction.

Edited by Islander15

Why does Len Silver seem to object to everything? I O W are no threat to Kings and it would have made a better meeting for the watching crowd. Now it is likely to be very one sided.

I knew him at Hackney Wick back in 1964 and he was a jolly chap then but seems to have changed with age.

I actually thought this could be pretty tight with no Danny, and Carr Dugard Baseby and Smart all strong at central park.

Still don't expect a complete walk over, and certainly expect some good battles in the middle order.

Rather than use an unattached 3 pointer, i would name the injured BDJ in the Team, and use rr to cover him.. but as for not being able to use a guest its laughable.

Rather than use an unattached 3 pointer, i would name the injured BDJ in the Team, and use rr to cover him.. but as for not being able to use a guest its laughable.

Johnson has practiced and is fit now.

layne cuppitt at number one ??? can someone explain please ?

Not allowed a facility so had to use an unattached 3.00 rider (number 8s are also classed as unattached).

Johnson ,hardly a number one even when he is fit..

The way the avgs are won't Baseby go to 1?

1 Baseby

2 Dugard

3 Johnson

4 smart

5 cockle

Not very strong unfortunately