British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Lakeside Wed 3rd August

Belle Vue appear to be very good at saying nothing until the last minute, friday Hancock, today AJ. But had I had the information, I would not have gone tonight. This time BV got my money but will there be a next time. They can take the piss out of some people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. After Friday and tonight I have no other thoughts than Belle Vue are robbing b-------s.

How can you blame Belle Vue for riders not turning up ? Both Hancock and Jonsson have offered lame excuses .I found out about Hancock's no show on the day of the meeting having already bought my ticket.Jonsson probably rang in sick today bet he rides on Friday.Its the riders in these cases who are taking the piss not Belle Vue.

• Like 5

Belle Vue appear to be very good at saying nothing until the last minute, friday Hancock, today AJ. But had I had the information, I would not have gone tonight. This time BV got my money but will there be a next time. They can take the piss out of some people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time. After Friday and tonight I have no other thoughts than Belle Vue are robbing b-------s.

What do you expect them to do, issue a press release? I presume you bought your swc tickets in advance, and therefore at that time bv would have had no idea. Was that even a bv promoted event?

As for aj, when u go to a speedway meeting, or any sports event, you know there is the possibility of a competitor being absent. You clearly have Internet access so could have done your own research on this.

Oh hang on..got me.. you are trolling aren't you...

• Like 1

Some good racing tonight which the scoreline didnt reflect, Lawson rode pretty well and was always in the mix, AJ apparently had food poisoning hence his late withdrawl. The Hammers have a team of home track experts but thats not enough to be challenging for honours, you also need to be picking up points away from home. No doubt the tables will be turned on friday but im looking forward to the trip as its my first time at Lakeside in a few seasons.

Looks like Belle Vue are dialled in on their track now. Perhaps they might now risk riding against Poole.

How about arranging that A fixture rained off months ago?

Hopefully when we do we will get the same result as the away match :)

• Like 2

Looks like Belle Vue are dialled in on their track now. Perhaps they might now risk riding against Poole.

How about arranging that A fixture rained off months ago?

I think we're trying to fit in some of the top teams first.

Despite the score there was some good racing tonight. Lakeside were unfortunate that AJ was suffering from food poisoning and he certainly would have scored more than r/r achieved. Kennett and Bridger had their moments and Lawson was solid but overall they were very poor and Jonsson would have only turned a mauling into a heavy defeat.

It was one of those nights when every Belle Vue rider and King did well. There were no weak links anywhere, evidenced by only one last place. I doubt any team would have fared well against us.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

Typical lakeside away scrap, the only time they are ever guilty of winning away is walking into a severely weakened side and falling in.

They are the eastbourne of the elite league nowadays

I don't really see what benefit Belle Vue get by giving Poole two practice meetings on their track so close to the Play Offs.

Shocking behaviour on BV's part tonight not informing the paying fans that the oppositions main man was not going to be there, news only broke after 7pm, so even if you'd done your homework (as I always do) it was too late. Check their Twitter feed and there's nothing about it. They and Lakeside (as they are just as guilty) should take a leaf out of Coventry's book and inform the punters in advance they have with no KK at Leicester on Saturday and have informed the fans, for this reason I won't be going to Leicester. It's alright saying going to any event and somebody could be absent... I went to see Axl/DC at the Etihad a few weeks ago, fortunately they had a replacement and didn't expect the rest of the members of the band to each sing a song in the absence of BJ!

Belle Vue v Poole should be a great match.Holder and Kurtz have ridden the track well maybe Ellis has done a few practice laps too.Riders who have never ridden the track before have done well like Palm Toft so it should be a good close match.Think the smooth surface may catch some of the Poole riders out though lol

They are the eastbourne of the elite league nowadays

I wouldn't actually disagree with that statement.

Now, let me see - what's the common denominator.............? ;)

Lakeside one EL rider - bloody joke - one big PL needed

No way thanks. That would be awful.

I have not been to many Speedway meetings in the last few years, but I can't think of one I've been to or watched on TV where both teams were at full strength i.e. no R/R or guests. I don't think I'd ever go to a meeting expecting both teams to be fielding their named 1-7. I last had a season ticket for Birmingham in 2008, every week watching a multitude of home guest riders put me off.

Edited by Col