British Speedway Forum
mdmc82

Belle Vue V Lakeside Wed 3rd August

Shocking behaviour on BV's part tonight not informing the paying fans that the oppositions main man was not going to be there, news only broke after 7pm, so even if you'd done your homework (as I always do) it was too late. Check their Twitter feed and there's nothing about it. They and Lakeside (as they are just as guilty) should take a leaf out of Coventry's book and inform the punters in advance they have with no KK at Leicester on Saturday and have informed the fans, for this reason I won't be going to Leicester. It's alright saying going to any event and somebody could be absent... I went to see Axl/DC at the Etihad a few weeks ago, fortunately they had a replacement and didn't expect the rest of the members of the band to each sing a song in the absence of BJ!

get a life

One big league? No thanks, I would rather Lakeside dropped down a level which would make more sense as they could blood some youngsters from their youth ranks.

I would miss having AJ in the team but most of the rest could still ride for us in some capacity.

Ian and Buxton tiger. I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue arseholes.

Ajs bikes and mechanic etc were in pits awaiting his arrival. They only found out at about 6pm he wasn't riding. Half 6 it was announced.

GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT OR BREAK OFF

anyway some top class racing game last night despite the scoreline line.

• Like 3

One big league? No thanks, I would rather Lakeside dropped down a level which would make more sense as they could blood some youngsters from their youth ranks.

I would miss having AJ in the team but most of the rest could still ride for us in some capacity.

Don't worry it won't happen. The one big league idea is only put forward by the clueless. The EL band PL only survive now by a large number of double uppers. If there was one big league with the present D/U riders tied to a single club there wouldn't be enough riders to go round, at least not enough of a decent standard, and that's before injuries. Then there is the money problem, with some clubs barely able to exist on the number of meetings now. If the ones losing money had to run more meetings their losses would be even higher. That was one of the reasons the KO cup was scrapped. More meetings would make it even more difficult to accommodate foreign riders with continental commitments so there would then be even less to go round, and even then all this depends on Sky being happy with a lower standard.

Undoubtedly the sport faces massive problems, including its habit of shooting itself in the foot , but one big league won't solve anything. There is no easy answer and there is a lot of talking to be done in the winter, but we can only hope the result is something more than hot air this time.

• Like 2

Don't worry it won't happen. The one big league idea is only put forward by the clueless. The EL band PL only survive now by a large number of double uppers. If there was one big league with the present D/U riders tied to a single club there wouldn't be enough riders to go round, at least not enough of a decent standard, and that's before injuries. Then there is the money problem, with some clubs barely able to exist on the number of meetings now. If the ones losing money had to run more meetings their losses would be even higher. That was one of the reasons the KO cup was scrapped. More meetings would make it even more difficult to accommodate foreign riders with continental commitments so there would then be even less to go round, and even then all this depends on Sky being happy with a lower standard.

Undoubtedly the sport faces massive problems, including its habit of shooting itself in the foot , but one big league won't solve anything. There is no easy answer and there is a lot of talking to be done in the winter, but we can only hope the result is something more than hot air this time.

If they stick to the original intent then the majority of this year's d/u riders will have to choose which league they want to ride in having used up their 2 year allocation. The planned switch to 6 rider teams will have a bigger effect across the 2 senior leagues.

• Like 1

If they stick to the original intent then the majority of this year's d/u riders will have to choose which league they want to ride in having used up their 2 year allocation. The planned switch to 6 rider teams will have a bigger effect across the 2 senior leagues.

If they stuck to the original intent the majority of d/u riders woukd be gone already but realistically it's not going to happen.

As for the "planned" switch to six man teams, as far as I am aware it has but talked about but not exactly " planned" because nothing has been decided. Jon Cook was speaking in Spedway Star a couple if weeks ago saying that six man teams was not the way to go, wouldn't save money and wouldn't create opportununities for young riders so it seems nothing has been decided on that front. If it doesn't save money it's not going to stop shakey clubs going under.

If they stuck to the original intent the majority of d/u riders woukd be gone already but realistically it's not going to happen.

As for the "planned" switch to six man teams, as far as I am aware it has but talked about but not exactly " planned" because nothing has been decided. Jon Cook was speaking in Spedway Star a couple if weeks ago saying that six man teams was not the way to go, wouldn't save money and wouldn't create opportununities for young riders so it seems nothing has been decided on that front. If it doesn't save money it's not going to stop shakey clubs going under.

We're in the 2nd year of the regulation that limits doubling up to 2 seasons, I've no idea what 'original intent' you're talking about. Irrespective of Jon Cook's opinions, the series of trial meetings being run to evaluate the proposed new format use 6 man teams.

I believe AJ's absence was probably known much earlier than the time previously mentioned. Kelvin said something about learning he (AJ) couldn't travel i.e. catch his flight so work backwards from that!

• Like 1

I believe AJ's absence was probably known much earlier than the time previously mentioned. Kelvin said something about learning he (AJ) couldn't travel i.e. catch his flight so work backwards from that!

I don't doubt that for a minute, so why wasn't either of the websites explaining his absence, it's just not fair on the paying public.

How about a conspiracy theory- missed flight NO facility, ill facility.

Many a true word spoken in jest

If your a belle vue fan who was going last night, why would an absent rider change your mind? You either support the Aces or you don't. The racing was good last night despite the scoreline, stop moaning and support your club. Be grateful we have a team to follow.

Looks like Belle Vue are dialled in on their track now. Perhaps they might now risk riding against Poole.

How about arranging that A fixture rained off months ago?

12 September looks like it.

12 September looks like it.

Brilliant date !!!- my post on the Swedish league thread

With the Elitserien having a new play-off system this season-top 4 meet each other home and away(points reset to zero) with the top 2 after the 6 matches each(3 H 3 A) meeting in the grand final. I have confirmation of the play off dates.

Tues August 23rd

Tues August 30th

Tues September 6th

Wednesday September 7th

Monday September 12th

Tuesday September 13th

Tuesday September 27th Grand final 1st leg

Wednesday September 28th grand final 2nd leg

Edit Holder, Andersen and Zagar`s teams not involved-Max Fricke will be

Edited by racers and royals

Looks like Belle Vue are dialled in on their track now. Perhaps they might now risk riding against Poole.

How about arranging that A fixture rained off months ago?

If Poole were in the same position, would your management been keen to give your likely Play-off final opponents practice on your track? Didn't Belle Vue win at Poole in the only fixture I am aware of between the two teams this year? Holder & Kurtz were pretty useless last Friday, Holder was probably worse on Saturday. If Belle Vue can finish top of the EL by the time the Play-offs kick in without arranging home meetings against their likely play-off opponents. Fair play. Besides Poole can't even win away at Coventry, where every other team seems to.