British Speedway Forum

Always good to meet new people - sometimes you just get on like youve known them for a while...

• Like 2

Now, now. I didn't say that at all and always gave you credit for starting this whole thing off. I really don't know what you were going on about yesterday, changing your mind all the time about the Centre Green Presentation and about the FB page. Maybe your alliance with another member from another club on here has affected you, lol.

Maybe RH55 and Jim didn't get to meet you as you sit in the corner by the fence and it is not always easy to get to speak to you. I did introduce both the guys to the Massif, maybe you didn't hear or were busy talking with Pob or the Scotsman...? Similarly, I missed speaking with Halifax Tiger and lucifer sam when they visited the Massif End due to where I was sited at the time.

Anyway, as you well know, I am most likely not going to be around next season and as last night may have been the last meeting at Foxhall this season - there will be no open meetings run, including the 16 Lapper or the Star of Anglia, then that is it for me at Foxhall - especially as the potential PLPO Semi Final 2nd Leg has been scheduled for the 13th which I can't make, as I am at a para gliding festival in Turkey that week.

Do you think you will stay on if a few more forum members beg you? Please macca stay!!

So, buddy, it is up to you and the rest of the Massif to take this on now and, as I say, it takes, energy, ideas, time and some personal £ to keep the thing chugging along, let alone moving it to another level. Yesterday I had seven different people using three different forms of social media to contact me at the same time about the Trophy and the Presentation. This during a time when I had told people that I was driving to Colchester and back for a very important appointment. People, including you, changing their minds about what they wanted to do, when, where, how, etc. Then you started on about wanting to be taken off the FB page. I am not a charity case or a MD. I didn't want to run this and I haven't, but I think I have added to it - a bit. Now,as I say, over to you guys to keep it rolling on.

I think your idea of organising a social event at the end of the season is a great idea and I look forward to hearing when and where it is, if I am invited and still in this country then. Yours in Speedway.

Yes, I can confirm that macca56 introduced both me and Jim to the Massif. Thanks for that macca :lol:

I must have missed the introductions! Mind you, I was probably too busy trying to juggle a phone, a programme and a cup of tea....

• Like 2

I must have missed the introductions! Mind you, I was probably too busy trying to juggle a phone, a programme and a cup of tea....

Yes, you probably were, but introductions were made Sue, and I remember a hearty hello back to the Massif's newest members, so.......

Now, now. I didn't say that at all and always gave you credit for starting this whole thing off. I really don't know what you were going on about yesterday, changing your mind all the time about the Centre Green Presentation and about the FB page. Maybe your alliance with another member from another club on here has affected you, lol.

Maybe RH55 and Jim didn't get to meet you as you sit in the corner by the fence and it is not always easy to get to speak to you. I did introduce both the guys to the Massif, maybe you didn't hear or were busy talking with Pob or the Scotsman...? Similarly, I missed speaking with Halifax Tiger and lucifer sam when they visited the Massif End due to where I was sited at the time.

Anyway, as you well know, I am most likely not going to be around next season and as last night may have been the last meeting at Foxhall this season - there will be no open meetings run, including the 16 Lapper or the Star of Anglia, then that is it for me at Foxhall - especially as the potential PLPO Semi Final 2nd Leg has been scheduled for the 13th which I can't make, as I am at a para gliding festival in Turkey that week.

Do you think you will stay on if a few more forum members beg you? Please macca stay!!

So, buddy, it is up to you and the rest of the Massif to take this on now and, as I say, it takes, energy, ideas, time and some personal £ to keep the thing chugging along, let alone moving it to another level. Yesterday I had seven different people using three different forms of social media to contact me at the same time about the Trophy and the Presentation. This during a time when I had told people that I was driving to Colchester and back for a very important appointment. People, including you, changing their minds about what they wanted to do, when, where, how, etc. Then you started on about wanting to be taken off the FB page. I am not a charity case or a MD. I didn't want to run this and I haven't, but I think I have added to it - a bit. Now,as I say, over to you guys to keep it rolling on.

I think your idea of organising a social event at the end of the season is a great idea and I look forward to hearing when and where it is, if I am invited and still in this country then. Yours in Speedway.

And your point is English Roundabout.... :? Lots of bandwidth lost there buddy.....

And I can confirm that Sue. Introductions were made and responded to.

No Cake ?

That's because you had no helper this week :D

• Like 1

What's happened to The Massif Facebook profile. I'd shared it to my own timeline for friends to view. I was receiving some nice comments, but now it's all disappeared :(

Edited by Presenter

What's happened to The Massif Facebook profile. I'd shared it to my own timeline for friends to view. I was receiving some nice comments, but now it's all disappeared :(

TBH Kevin, I don't know what happened (I am no Expert at anything, least of all anything IT ish) but have a look again now as it should be there again.

(PM me if not and I'll have another look for you buddy...)

EDIT: If I was clever (which I am not) I would have said it was down for maintenance (Windows needed cleaning, boom, boom).

Edited by macca56

Wow what's going on with the page? It's up and running but the last few posts look a little strange

Never mix alcohol and forums

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

Wow what's going on with the page? It's up and running but the last few posts look a little strange

Never mix alcohol and forums

Dont know who does your fb page but they must have some issues Edited by lewy

For once, not guilty!

Re the introductions, I tend to miss things like that when there is background noise. I blame years of going to rock gigs damaging the old hearing. Plus of course, I am generally trying to set things up for the Updates and on Thursday, that included not only my normal stuff but also trying to source an updater for another meeting where we had a late offer of a texter whilst also trying to eat my battered sausage and chips, drink my tea, try to hear the rider introductions and get my cow bell set up and ready to bash.

Not that I would remember the name anyway, hopeless with names.

Edited by crazysue
  • Like 1

Well, as long as the Witches don't blow it in the second leg at Edinburgh I'll be hopeful (fitness permitting) of a return to the home of the Massif for the visit of The Rebels.

And by the sounds of it I'll be seeing a few new faces given the comments of a few people on here unknown to myself.

I'm really looking forward to it as long as we do the business in Scotland, I really still can't get over the size of the home victory against the Monarch's but the guys were up for it and as they say it's only half time.

Let's hope I'm not being premature when I say see you soon.

• Like 1

Surely even we can't blow that lead can we lol.

If we do get through Somerset will be a lot harder even with the loss of BWD if the reports are true . Looked good at foxhall earlier in the season.

Speedy recovery BWD

Personally I think it needs to be cleaned up and the eek comments removed as it reflects badly on all of us who are members on that page. Public pages for organisations (even those as unofficial as ours), need to retain a professional air and any infighting needs to be done away from the public eye.

And before anyone suggests it, nope I don't want control of it, I've enough on my plate with my own websites.