British Speedway Forum

A great evening spent with some genuinely good people with a speedway meeting as entertainment. What is not to like.

I don't know how this all started, but I know that we all sit where Baldyman sat before so it must have originated with him and then you guys started joining him one by one, or as in Noah's Ark, and by the time I had chatted to you guys on here and had been invited along to join you, there was a solid nucleus there and it has grown with the inclusion of Anthony and Guy and the Man With The Biggest Jaw in the World and Andy and his lovely family and others, to keep the impetus going. And The Presenter's input should not be overlooked. And now recognition in the local paper and the programme, even now to the extent that CL's column refers to us as the "Massif". And our own Facebook page.

And of course in the beginning there were the "Knitting Zombies"who fled when we started making a noise. Each to their own of course and there is more than one way to watch a speedway meeting, but what I attend now is a Social Event that you want to be part of and do not want to miss. Some great people and some genuine friendships and associations being made.

What I do know is that you have rekindled my passion for the sport, and the people involved in it, and it has allowed me to make contact with lost friends from many decades ago. I am proud to be a speedway supporter again and proud to be a member of the "Massif". Thanks Guys and Girls.

If someone had said at the start of the season that I would have attended what was basically a challenge match on a Tuesday night on the Isle of Wight to watch the Witches No. 7 ride, I would have had them classified as certifiable. Thanks Guys and Girls. It has been a truly uplifting experience and I truly hope that it continues next season, whether it be in a VIP box or simply back on the terraces.

• Like 5

Thanks Scotty. Thoughts still with you and your family.

A great evening spent with some genuinely good people with a speedway meeting as entertainment. What is not to like.

I don't know how this all started, but I know that we all sit where Baldyman sat before so it must have originated with him and then you guys started joining him one by one, or as in Noah's Ark, and by the time I had chatted to you guys on here and had been invited along to join you, there was a solid nucleus there and it has grown with the inclusion of Anthony and Guy and the Man With The Biggest Jaw in the World and Andy and his lovely family and others, to keep the impetus going. And The Presenter's input should not be overlooked. And now recognition in the local paper and the programme, even now to the extent that CL's column refers to us as the "Massif". And our own Facebook page.

And of course in the beginning there were the "Knitting Zombies"who fled when we started making a noise. Each to their own of course and there is more than one way to watch a speedway meeting, but what I attend now is a Social Event that you want to be part of and do not want to miss. Some great people and some genuine friendships and associations being made.

What I do know is that you have rekindled my passion for the sport, and the people involved in it, and it has allowed me to make contact with lost friends from many decades ago. I am proud to be a speedway supporter again and proud to be a member of the "Massif". Thanks Guys and Girls.

If someone had said at the start of the season that I would have attended what was basically a challenge match on a Tuesday night on the Isle of Wight to watch the Witches No. 7 ride, I would have had them classified as certifiable. Thanks Guys and Girls. It has been a truly uplifting experience and I truly hope that it continues next season, whether it be in a VIP box or simply back on the terraces.

Sue told me exactly the same thing last night.

Sue told me exactly the same thing last night.

That's at least two of us then, which can't be bad

• Like 1

Yeah he told me on another app. And they haven't told him, which is strange cos I thought they had to . Banned until next Friday

• Like 1

My brother has only got to do foxhall to finish off all the tracks, not sure we can make it this year so keep the massif going for next year. We can't do this week because I'm away but when do you think there could be other meetings this season? Depends on play offs I suppose. Btw he's 49 and walks around with a tigger the tiger which we have christened "the bear" so he should fit in with you nutters.lol.btw what the heck does massif mean anyway?

• Like 4

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fprogrammes%2Fp045q32h&h=-AQHnaScx&s=1

Link to local radio presenter Stephen Foster show Friday 16th Sep . Go to 50.00 and have a listen about the BSF MASSIF Buffet from Thurs night .

• Like 1

The response to this thread makes me justified about being nervous and why I'm afraid to start a thread about...... "What is the neatest you've ever filled in a programme?

For interest only, I have two - Belle Vue v Ipswich from 1976 (I have it framed) and one from the 1977 season. My hand writing went skew afterwards when my hand was used for other things in my teenage years. But that's another story.. I also had a speedway rattle and I damaged my wrist for a time.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 1

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fprogrammes%2Fp045q32h&h=-AQHnaScx&s=1

Link to local radio presenter Stephen Foster show Friday 16th Sep . Go to 50.00 and have a listen about the BSF MASSIF Buffet from Thurs night .

10 min piece at 1:35 - interviews with Ritchie and Morten.

Nice end to the Morten section....

• Like 1

All you members of the massif will be pleased to know macca has resolved his financial plight as he made his way down to plymouth to watch the meeting and have an overnite stay and even offered to bring back some fence panels to ipswich according to his post on the updates site also he was keen to meet me but unfortunately we seemed to miss one another i was at the track from 6 til 10-45 and would have been easy to find he only had to ask the track announcer and i would have made myself known oh well never mind at least his finances are obviously sorted. Hope he enjoyed the meeting and his night out in plymouth not a cheap weekend so hope it was worth it.

• Like 2