British Speedway Forum

Theres arguements for all of them.

Morten overall for me though.

Just got on and done his job.

Pulls out the odd wonder ride.

Has responded to the massif and of course suggested everyone join us in his recent radio interview!

• Like 1

If we were having an unsung hero award Id give that to Jo.

He has come in and gone a great job but hasnt really heen talked about as Ben and Danyon have.

Hopefully he is 100% for Thursday as he could well be the key to how we do in the play offs....

• Like 1

If the track is smooth for him it'll (probably!!) be smooth for our guys who are used to always riding on a billiard table smooth track at Armadiddle!!

(Though often a wet one!!)

• Like 1

I think presenter should get special one to, but obviously would have to get his name wrong😉😉😉😉

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

If the track is smooth for him it'll (probably!!) be smooth for our guys who are used to always riding on a billiard table

(Though often a wet one!!)

got its shape from one aswell ;)

• Like 1

Talking of alternative awards, it reminds me of 1997 and my first year of hosting the End of Season supporters event (which was used, unbeknown to me by the management, as an audition for the centre green job in 1998)

Anyways, I suggested that we liven up the proceedings with some alternative awards, to be presented alongside the usual Rider of the Season etc

If memory serves we had best 5-1 of the year (which I believe went to Svab and Rickardsson, for fending off Jason Crump at Peterborough, in one of the most exciting heats I've EVER seen)

As there were so many Supporters Club Away coaches then, we'd always visit some kind of fast food outlet. So we had Fish & Chip Shop of the year. Which was one by the Chippy in Swindon, run appropriately by Mr Fry. He won mainly because his product of exceptional value. He used to have a sign up saying "Skate £1.50". When I enquired where the rink was and whether it was ice or roller, it drew a rather blank expression from the girlie behind the counter!

We had a "shredded wheat" award which was presented to James Easter, for his Grand Prix tours (and we actually had a trophy made out of said cereal!)

We were crazy kids back in the day. Happy days which live long in the memory.

I certainly think a "Massif" trophy would be a great idea, with the criteria the only thing you guys need to decide!

• Like 4

My favourite chip shop has to be the one in Wolverhampton where they cook the chips then batter them and fry them again.

Since it's last minute rush just the one trophy this year I would imagine

I remember that race well. I was in the pits that night

• Like 1

Who's paying for it, when is it being presented and by who then?

It's been sponsored by Jim Lawrence so no cost for trophy, but probably just the name plate engraving. It's been made by one of the chaps that sit behind us. Maybe there should be a few to present it?

It's been sponsored by Jim Lawrence so no cost for trophy, but probably just the name plate engraving. It's been made by one of the chaps that sit behind us. Maybe there should be a few to present it?

Amazing what you can do with tin foil at least you'll get one trophy this season.

• Like 1