British Speedway Forum

I wonder if CL will give the Massif another mention in this Thursdays meeting ?

Blooming well better or we'll have to up the ante (not the auntie!).

• Like 1

Up the Auntie? Sounds like a Carry On movie, lol.

If he doesn't, I have a mega mega mega phone which will knock his socks off from Braintree let alone from the Massif Attack Area of the stadium, lol x 2

Hope the scaffolding structure we sit on can cope with all this!

• Like 1

'Elf and Stavely' may need to get called in I suppose.

Just thought this afternoon that we should adopt a song as our anthem and i think it should be by the trip hop group "Massive (they obviously can't spell) Attack".

Now, the only MA song I really know is the theme music to that excellent TV programme, "Luther" starring the always excellent Idris Elba and it is called: "Paradise Circus" - a jaunty little number (not) to scare away knitting zombies - I can just hear it wafting over the Heath at the end of a meeting now (since they seem to have stopped playing "A Walk In the Black Forest" when the crowd leaves.....):

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=massive+attack#id=55&vid=8568f93b1c0f11231b667a863c49fe51&action=view

No? Ok, maybe not, what about the band's first single off of their debut album "Blue Lines", "Unfinished Sympathy" (like what they did there:

http://www.totallyfuzzy.net/ourtube/massive-attack/unfinished-sympathy-video_592e1c4c4.html

IF Ippo had ever had a speedway Legend (capital L) in the 70's and 80's then that person would fit on the bottom rung of the Legends Ladder of which King Kenny was at the top.

(But only when he played for Scotland - not when he was at Celtic.)

• Like 1

I have a new mega phone and my harmonica is on debut. Bit strapped for cash at the moment having been the victim of internet fraud, theft from my home, losing my job and then having £200 nicked on Thursday. It never rains, etc.

We will be men down on Thursday too, wit SB and bruv missing.

Scunthorpe's team should give us reason to make noise I reckon.

Edited by macca56

Deary me Macca that's a pretty grim run of luck.

Thursday?

Thought you were at sheffo?

Or was it at the after meeting entertainment?

Deary me Macca that's a pretty grim run of luck.

Thursday?

Thought you were at sheffo?

Or was it at the after meeting entertainment?

Yep, had a lot of luck recently, but not a lot of it is good. Still, nobody died - unless I catch them.

Yes, £200 nicked out of my wallet at Rhinos. Know who did it and Area Manager very understanding, but can't do a thing about it. May need a pick up on Thursday as I may have to sell my car before somebody steals it, lol.

Edited to keep om first PL page: Masks

Edited by macca56

Masks?

a good idea for some - no names needed! wink
  • Like 1