British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

So Who Is Going To Win The El In 2016?

With the season two thirds done, it would be interesting to see who people think will win the Elite League this season.

I am not talking about who you WANT to win the league to avoid the ABP mob, but who you think will win it.

The likely playoff teams.

Belle Vue.

Leading the way at the top of the league. Been good on their travels but not so convincing at home. A good lineup and always have a decent reserve.

Wolves.

Very good year for Wolverhampton compared to recent seasons. Lindgren back to his best and PK rolling back the years. Huge home track advantage.

Poole.

Dominated the sport for the last decade. Solid team not quite kicking into gear so far. Always have two good reserves.

Swindon.

Doyle has been excellent but they perhaps lack strength in depth? Need the whole team to click.

Or

Lakeside. Decent home advantage. Again need all to ride well and not good travellers.

Easy to say Anyone But Poole but who do you THINK will win the title in the playoffs?

Poll here.

http://goo.gl/VQlBYH

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Anyone but Poole,because that's true ;)

My preference would be BelleVue, but have a feeling Wolves will do it :)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 2

I hope Belle Vue win it but a lot will depend on what Matej turns up.

The 4th place team will be cannon fodder in the semi's as The Aces, Wolves & Poole are miles better than the rest.

Get fed up with clubs thinking getting to the play offs is a good season & no real desire to win it.

Belle Vue hopefully.

#beatthecheat

Can't see past belle Vue winning although the experience of Poole cannot be written off.

Belle Vue to edge past The Poirates

Who voted for Swindon?? Lol :D I mean come on!! They would do well to get into the playoffs.

I voted BV, cos I think they will do it this year, last season was just a practice!

I think and hope Belle Vue.

Poole, Lakeside & Swindon still have to pick up more away points to secure their places.

Lakeside race against Coventry home & away with no KK or facility for him so that's a good 7pts towards their play off push

Poole, Lakeside & Swindon still have to pick up more away points to secure their places.

Lakeside race against Coventry home & away with no KK or facility for him so that's a good 7pts towards their play off push

Well Swindon race at Coventry on monday and should get 4 points, then the following week we are away at Kings Lynn which could be more.

Well Swindon race at Coventry on monday and should get 4 points, then the following week we are away at Kings Lynn which could be more.

Cov and Kl are must wins coz we have to go to bv wolves lakeside, and home to Poole and Leicester, their only away win this year. We have 4 home losses,same as Cov.

Oh I don't know, Poole managed to win at Lakeside with 2 riders and a load of guests, get Ellis to ride for you! ;)

Hopefully Joshy Tungate Wrighty and Morra have hit form at right time, but Doyley and Sedgey had bike trouble on Thursday.

Edited by auntie doris

Where is KK when Lakeside ride Coventry?

Where is KK when Lakeside ride Coventry?

In the SEC.

Hoping for BV but just can't quite see them doing. Wolves or Poole