British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

So Who Is Going To Win The El In 2016?

I agree with the Wolves & Lakeside comment, but I think we can get at least a point ant Belle Vue.

Is there a date in place for this fixture yet?

Looks certain to me now that Belle Vue will finish top of the League. Can't imagine they will choose either Wolves or Poole and I believe Swindon will finish 4th. So I'll take BV to beat Swindon and Wolves to beat Poole in the Semis Final could go anyway but Wolves would be my pick right now. A lot can happen before the final though and injuries could have a say.

• Like 1

Why would they not choose Poole? Swindon are riding better than Poole are.

It seemed a pretty close match at BV yesterday and no doubt Poole have stronger depth than Swindon. Doyle & Tungate going well for Swindon but not a lot else, unless Morris or Grajczonek suddenly hit form.

It seemed a pretty close match at BV yesterday and no doubt Poole have stronger depth than Swindon. Doyle & Tungate going well for Swindon but not a lot else, unless Morris or Grajczonek suddenly hit form.

Surely Belle Vue would want to see what Swindon do on their second visit given they hit 50 there previously, yes with a high scoring Tungate at reserve balanced out by the omission of Doyle.

While the meeting was also early in the season, Kings Lynn shows Belle Vue haven’t yet shrugged of the ability to be turned over at home - if Swindon score big again, picking them would be a huge risk.

Edited by The Mockingjay

Thinks its Wolves to lose now. They will thrash teams at home and keep it close away.

OK then, let's put it another way. Assuming Belle Vue finish top (I'll be amazed if they don't) if you were in their position who would you pick? As I have stated previously I would go Swindon.

OK then, let's put it another way. Assuming Belle Vue finish top (I'll be amazed if they don't) if you were in their position who would you pick? As I have stated previously I would go Swindon.

The way Swindon are riding and with away meetings at Lakeside and Belle Vue, unless we have changes in the pipeline or a rider injury I do not think we will get to the play offs unless Poole or Lakeside lose all their remaining meetings.

I would pick the least inform team and the mo that is Poole. But TM's might think Poole are trying to trick them somehow! Poole normally ask the riders what track they would prefer to go to.

So with Poole at home v the Aces on Thursday and away at Wolves on Monday - those results if they don't go Poole's way, could well influence the Top team's choice in the play-offs!!

• Like 1

The way Swindon are riding and with away meetings at Lakeside and Belle Vue, unless we have changes in the pipeline or a rider injury I do not think we will get to the play offs unless Poole or Lakeside lose all their remaining meetings.

Ben Morley now replaces the injured Rob Mear at Lakeside for the rest of the season, making it an even more uphill battle for Lakeside to get that essential away point at Kings Lynn than it already was. The only EL track that Ben has ever really ridden well is Lakeside. He should go well enough on his home track to scores a few but it looks like the Hammers will very likely fall a point short of Swindon, even if they ride to form and get 3 points in each of the two remaining home matches.

To be brutally honest it looks like being between Wolves, a Pirates and the Aces, with whichever one makes it out of Swindon and Lakeside being there to make the numbers up.

To my mind it's anybody's guess. Belle Vue look best on paper but you can't always guarantee they will all ride to form or that Zagar in particular will hit the ground running. Poole also have riders who can ride above themselves one week and underscored the next,whole Wolves look the weakest on paper to me but you can't ignore what they have achieved so far and you can't ignore Peter Adams record of championships wins even though some at Wolves think he is past his sell by date. Difficult to pick one, but if forced to choose I woukd say Bell Vue but it is very open IMO.

What is good this year is that at this time of the season it isn't clear cut who will win the whole thing. As said above it looks like 1 from 3 just now with Wolves probably edging it on current form. However, in the play-offs anything can happen - which is good from a spectator point of view.

too early to choose a winner ,

there will be team changes before the playoffs

The deadline for changes has passed - unless its for a 'season-ending' injury!!

If we finish top we have to pick wolves.

The cup is all about money and the big crowd will come to see woofinden, there will be a big crowd for the final just like there used to be for the ko cup but if we were to pick Swindon we might lose in front of an average crowd (last season the cup semi final crowd was no more than the b qualifier) and even if we win Poole might beat wolves making the final much lower than it would have been against the world champion.

If we get the choice then it has to be 'the bird in the hand' although this time that means wolves not robins and if it means the final won't be at the National Speedway Stadium then that's just a shame, I'm sure Poole and wolves will put on a good show.

As a Poole fan i hope you pick Wolves but i think your management team will have a different view, the current form team is Wolves so nobody would pick them for the semi on purpose, both semi finals and the final will have big crowds.