Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Peterborough V Edinburgh 7/8/16 @5pm

Thanks boys, wish I'd been there to cheer you on but at least it kept my mind off my sore leg for an hour and a half....

Impressive away result (again) for Embra ..with no cup action to distract them now are they beginning to find form (1-7) at just the right time? Certainly hope not!

We're going to hammer Edinburgh.

We have Craig Cook.

Ha ha ha . Maybe next time

Well done Monarchs and was a pleasure to see Bewdley..as for Panthers this is the weakest team I have ever seen at the showground...Grondal, NBJ, Holub have to go as they have not improved a jot and I hate to say it but Perry is a shadow of the guy who started the season and is not even scoring well in the NL. I have said elsewhere if the management team are serious about challenging for honours then these guys have to go as we really do have an awful team now.

Edited by Lukas
  • Like 1

Words can't describe how embarrassing that was. Fair play to the Monarchs they wanted it a lot more, was one of Holubs better performances which says a lot.

• Like 1

Holub is precisely the reason speedways in the state its in at the moment in the uk,a young hungry talented brit on the other team smashes in a great score . May as well go british tbph

• Like 6

Ah, the old Steve Shovlar style 'pretend we haven't got a chance so we can trumpet even louder when we win' tactic from the Embra contingent.

Honestly didn't think we had a hope especially you saw our struggle to get home by a point at home on Friday to a pretty mince Rye house side.

But hey-ho another time another place and some fantastic performances for a nice 4 PL points.

It was a bit like watching last year's team - 5 big scores plus a few from the other ones.

But...

- no false starts/tape breaks/first bend bunches

- no clouds of dust

- some decent racing

- only one faller who cleared the track even though a monarch was leading

- racing started pretty much on 5pm as scheduled

So well done Peterborough for all those good things.

But your team took a helluva beating!

Fair play to the Monarchs the kick up the backside after last weeks humbling at the hands of the Mightys must have done the trick from Campbell didn't see that one coming but a solid performance from Edinburgh.

That will please Scotsman apart from his Edinburgh ties he is also a big fan off the Panthers is he not ;) .

Perfect for me indeed Mr. Gazc!

But I get stick for calling them pathetic panthers!

Don't tell me, there wasn't enough dirt on the track

Looked perfect baldyman - just right!

And a scorching hot day / strong wind / but no dust.

Must be hellish to be a panther today! The Monarchs are horribly annoying at doing well though.

• Like 1

Well done Monarchs and was a pleasure to see Bewdley..as for Panthers this is the weakest team I have ever seen at the showground...Grondal, NBJ, Holub have to go as they have not improved a jot and I hate to say it but Perry is a shadow of the guy who started the season and is not even scoring well in the NL. I have said elsewhere if the management team are serious about challenging for honours then these guys have to go as we really do have an awful team now.

The writing has been on the cards for weeks , I can't remember when I last saw so many gutless riders riding for Panthers , do they honestly expect fans to turn up when they show a total lack of professionalism , Jakobsen , Grondal, Perry, and Holub all need replacing .Fans are just fed up with the lack of effort they are putting in . Cookie was a lone star for much of the meeting and finished up being awarded rider of the night it should have been retitled rider of the nightmare it was that bad . I take nothing away from Edinburgh they were worthy winners with a star in the making in young Dan Bewley but Edinburgh's win was more down to a dreadful performance from Panthers rather than a masterful performance by the Monarch's

• Like 1

Holub is precisely the reason speedways in the state its in at the moment in the uk,a young hungry talented brit on the other team smashes in a great score . May as well go british tbph

The Panthers have a bit of form in this respect with Konopka, Dilger and Barrett immediately springing to mind!

• Like 2

Do days get get better than this?

Fly to Majorca - sit by the pool sipping a cold beer - drop into updates to see the pussycats have been humped at home - check bsf to see how many need to be replaced this week.

Pure bliss!

• Like 2

The Panthers have a bit of form in this respect with Konopka, Dilger and Barrett immediately springing to mind!

The showground is one of the larger tracks in British speedway , it has wide sweeping bends and Holub tries to ride the white line, that tells you how useless he is . I would much rather see an enthusiastic 3 pointer from the National league be given a chance. It's a no brainer really .

• Like 3

Hats of to Edinburgh, they have a knack of getting results year in year out.... They wont win it, but i wouldnt want them in the playoffs really.

Credit has to go to the Monarchs for delivering a ruthless and clinical display; It's quite clear that the Panthers really need to find some consistency.

The fans need to get behind the riders and the club, we currently have a great chance of making the playoffs but we need to be united.

Holub is struggling at the moment but I have spoken to him on numerous occasions and he's trying ridiculously hard to try and get the correct set up, NBJ is a talented rider who on his day can beat anyone and Emil Grondal is exactly the same; consistency is the issue but I'm confident that we can make everything click.