British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Peterborough V Edinburgh 7/8/16 @5pm

Credit has to go to the Monarchs for delivering a ruthless and clinical display; It's quite clear that the Panthers really need to find some consistency.

The fans need to get behind the riders and the club, we currently have a great chance of making the playoffs but we need to be united.

Holub is struggling at the moment but I have spoken to him on numerous occasions and he's trying ridiculously hard to try and get the correct set up, NBJ is a talented rider who on his day can beat anyone and Emil Grondal is exactly the same; consistency is the issue but I'm confident that we can make everything click.

All that talent and Craig Cook no problem for Panthers then!!
  • Like 2

Credit has to go to the Monarchs for delivering a ruthless and clinical display; It's quite clear that the Panthers really need to find some consistency.

The fans need to get behind the riders and the club, we currently have a great chance of making the playoffs but we need to be united.

Holub is struggling at the moment but I have spoken to him on numerous occasions and he's trying ridiculously hard to try and get the correct set up, NBJ is a talented rider who on his day can beat anyone and Emil Grondal is exactly the same; consistency is the issue but I'm confident that we can make everything click.

planet Janet springs to mind, Holub is a poor 3point rider and I have my doubts he will ever improve .although he doesn't cross the white line he should be done for kerb crawling , it didn't take Dan Bewley long to get the right set up did it . So don't make excuses for him getting the right setup , he just doesn't cut the mustard

• Like 3

The writing has been on the cards for weeks , I can't remember when I last saw so many gutless riders riding for Panthers , do they honestly expect fans to turn up when they show a total lack of professionalism , Jakobsen , Grondal, Perry, and Holub all need replacing .Fans are just fed up with the lack of effort they are putting in . Cookie was a lone star for much of the meeting and finished up being awarded rider of the night it should have been retitled rider of the nightmare it was that bad . I take nothing away from Edinburgh they were worthy winners with a star in the making in young Dan Bewley but Edinburgh's win was more down to a dreadful performance from Panthers rather than a masterful performance by the Monarch's

yet you said on another thread that Johnson is the best at motivating

You can only motivate what what's put in front of you

and he obviously couldn't

riders ride the bike, need someone to get the best out of them

Then perhaps you may know someone better as he's all we've got .

Why blame the team manager when there are others who want to tell him what to do??

• Like 1

Why blame the team manager when there are others who want to tell him what to do??

so what's the best way to manage?

all I want is the club to win, it's about finding what works

A 17 year old Edinburgh boy gets as many points as four Panthers riders combined. Its not consistency that's the issue, it is a lack of ability and commitment. It was a stroll in the park for Edinburgh. We were thrashed on our own track and if it wasn't for Craig Cook it would have been even more humiliating.

• Like 3

A 17 year old Edinburgh boy gets as many points as four Panthers riders combined. Its not consistency that's the issue, it is a lack of ability and commitment. It was a stroll in the park for Edinburgh. We were thrashed on our own track and if it wasn't for Craig Cook it would have been even more humiliating.

I couldn't agree with you more, certain riders need to take a look at themselves , it's no good just turning up with a bike although that's what it looks like some of them are doing. Not being able to find the right set up or the track was not to there liking is no excuse either.

• Like 1

The showground is one of the larger tracks in British speedway , it has wide sweeping bends and Holub tries to ride the white line, that tells you how useless he is . I would much rather see an enthusiastic 3 pointer from the National league be given a chance. It's a no brainer really .

HOLUB rides mid track first and second bend and has been doing it for weeks, just never learns, BEWLEY summed it up after two laps and rode well, not for the first time this season a visiting reserve showing the home riders the best lines.

• Like 2

so what's the best way to manage?

all I want is the club to win, it's about finding what works

FWIW as an outsider the inspiration you're missing is Simon Lambert.

• Like 2