Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

Wolves V Belle Vue 8/8/16

Exactly. No one has qualified yet for the title decider.

Missing another home match and watching the updates tonight.

Any win will do.

Good to see that Zagar has recovered from his poorly neck injury and disappointed that Fricke can't ride in the UK but can in Poland.

Was Ole Olsen riding for Wolves the last time you went to Monmore Steve ?

• Like 1

Was Ole Olsen riding for Wolves the last time you went to Monmore Steve ?

Check how many updates I've done this year for your answer. :t:

Just remember - Wolves haven't won anything yet - and they are likely to struggle with their current EDR reserves.

• Like 1

Just remember - Wolves haven't won anything yet - and they are likely to struggle with their current EDR reserves.

If Woffinden has 2 to 3 poor meetings, is it possible he could ride himself into a reserve slot for the play-offs??

• Like 1

If Woffinden has 2 to 3 poor meetings, is it possible he could ride himself into a reserve slot for the play-offs??

7.03 he starts on, getting it down to less than Howarth & PK on 4.91 & 5.53 would take allot of last places. Wolves do need to win at least a few of their remaining fixtures.

First of all before you have a conversations with these made up people try it explaining with the real facts first ..not sure that you have looked at the league but Wolves have not even got into the play offs yet and still have work to do so it's not just a ringer just for the play offs to start with ...also why would it make the rest of the season pointless ? if Wolves had been bottom they would no chance of even making the play offs so the rest of season has mattered a lot ...also with Woofy in the side it does mean that Wolves are going to win the play offs at all. with there reserves being so weak all it does is give them a better chance .

It's no wonder the mate at work etc think Speedway is mickey mouse when it's explained by the likes of you ...what a great job you have been doing of defending it lol

It would seem that speedway fans never talk to non speedway fans about speedway and if they do they get called liers.Now re the facts on this topic until Woofinden did actually sign yesterday there were no facts just rumours.When the rumours first started it was stated that Woofinden was going to sign for Wolves on the 31st of August and looking at the fixture list Wolves have 1 home fixture left at that time so going off this info then yes he was just being signed just for the play offs.(so what other info could i have talked to my imaginary friends about)It would seem with Kylmakorpi scoring 0 against Belle vue this would alter his average and forced the club to sign Woffinden earlier.

So going off the info re the original 31st signing date it would seem Wolves did not sign him to help them reach the play offs they were quite confident that the team they had and with having 5 home meetings left was good enougth to reach the play offs and that they did not desperatley need him to help them get there.

Now the point my made up friends thought was wrong was is the fact that the sport allowed a team to sign someone better than the rider he was replaceing just for the play offs.Being football fans they said yes in football you can strengthen up a team earlier in the season but not in the run up to the end of the season if you are in with a chance to win the league or in the lower leagues just before the play offs.So i agree with them or myself if i imagined them that the sport is wrong to allow a team to strengthen this late in the season.

Now re my making the season pointless comment.This is only my own opinion my imaginary friends had no input on this.Now at the start of the season all clubs put together a team they hope will do well(some better than others)then over a season they battle it out over 28 meetings against all the other teams.I have no problem with a team making earlier season changes if things are not woking out these changes are allowed in all sports.At the end of the season you then have 4 teams that have done well and deserve to reach the play off finals.So i think that it is only fair that the teams with the same riders that got them there should battle it out to see who after a full season is the best in the play offs.

It just seems to make the hard work over a whole season pointless if any of the 4 teams is allowed to make a last minute change that gives them any slight advantage over the other 3 teams at this late stage to me is unfair on the other 3 teams and there suporters.After all the whole point of battling over a full season is to win it so if a late change could cause a change to the outcome of who wins it makes the whole seasons battle pointless.So if your team has reached the play offs with a team they have had all/most of the season and they win then they have deserved it but if a team that makes changes to strengthen at the last minute wins it them alot of fans will think they only won it because etc.When the truth is if your team is good enougth to reach the play offs as it is then there is a good chance you could win it anyway if not then you did not deserve to win it.

Maybe i am old school and think there is no joy in winning anything unless you win it fair and square.

By the way Wolves i have no problem with your club your promoters have done nothing but abide by the rules its the powers that be i think are wrong in allowing a rule that enables a team to gain an advantage this late in the season.Along with many many other rules that even most speedway fans will agree need to be changed.I think this one should be one of the first to go.

We all have opinions and these are mine slate me if you like but it won't change my own thoughts on the matter.

Edited by B.V 72
  • Like 1

It would seem that speedway fans never talk to non speedway fans about speedway and if they do they get called liers.Now re the facts on this topic until Woofinden did actually sign yesterday there were no facts just rumours.When the rumours first started it was stated that Woofinden was going to sign for Wolves on the 31st of August and looking at the fixture list Wolves have 1 home fixture left at that time so going off this info then yes he was just being signed just for the play offs.(so what other info could i have talked to my imaginary friends about)It would seem with Kylmakorpi scoring 0 against Belle vue this would alter his average and forced the club to sign Woffinden earlier.

So going off the info re the original 31st signing date it would seem Wolves did not sign him to help them reach the play offs they were quite confident that the team they had and with having 5 home meetings left was good enougth to reach the play offs and that they did not desperatley need him to help them get there.

Now the point my made up friends thought was wrong was is the fact that the sport allowed a team to sign someone better than the rider he was replaceing just for the play offs.Being football fans they said yes in football you can strengthen up a team earlier in the season but not in the run up to the end of the season if you are in with a chance to win the league or in the lower leagues just before the play offs.So i agree with them or myself if i imagined them that the sport is wrong to allow a team to strengthen this late in the season.

Now re my making the season pointless comment.This is only my own opinion my imaginary friends had no input on this.Now at the start of the season all clubs put together a team they hope will do well(some better than others)then over a season they battle it out over 28 meetings against all the other teams.I have no problem with a team making earlier season changes if things are not woking out these changes are allowed in all sports.At the end of the season you then have 4 teams that have done well and deserve to reach the play off finals.So i think that it is only fair that the teams with the same riders that got them there should battle it out to see who after a full season is the best in the play offs.

It just seems to make the hard work over a whole season pointless if any of the 4 teams is allowed to make a last minute change that gives them any slight advantage over the other 3 teams at this late stage to me is unfair on the other 3 teams and there suporters.After all the whole point of battling over a full season is to win it so if a late change could cause a change to the outcome of who wins it makes the whole seasons battle pointless.So if your team has reached the play offs with a team they have had all/most of the season and they win then they have deserved it but if a team that makes changes to strengthen at the last minute wins it them alot of fans will think they only won it because etc.When the truth is if your team is good enougth to reach the play offs as it is then there is a good chance you could win it anyway if not then you did not deserve to win it.

Maybe i am old school and think there is no joy in winning anything unless you win it fair and square.

By the way Wolves i have no problem with your club your promoters have done nothing but abide by the rules its the powers that be i think are wrong in allowing a rule that enables a team to gain an advantage this late in the season.Along with many many other rules that even most speedway fans will agree need to be changed.I think this one should be one of the first to go.

We all have opinions and these are mine slate me if you like but it won't change my own thoughts on the matter.

So you were having a conversation with non speedway fans about a rumour in a sport they aren't interested in or have any understanding how it works!

lol.. Of course you were!

Back to your imaginary friends again.

That is the crux of the matter. Obviously Woffinden improves us and gives us more firepower in heats 13 and 15. But we are still left with two reserves, who combined are not as good as the those of Poole or Belle Vue and we know from the last few years how important reserves can be. I still put Belle Vue as favourites to win the title, with Poole next, followed by us. Happy to be proved wrong of course. :D

• Like 2

Yet again Wolves it stands are only to points clear of 4th and 5th place so are where near making the play offs for certain so yet again you did not tell your made up friends the truth .

Yet again the rest of the season is not Pontless to Belle Vue or Poole just because Wolves has made one change to there side ..the bookies still show them two to be heavy favorites to win the title ..so yet again you going ott about everything is pointless as quite clearly is it's not .also every team can change there line up's if they so wish it's not as thou the rules are not the same for everyone . Everyone can have views but all you done is told false facts to people

Edited by orion

So you were having a conversation with non speedway fans about a rumour in a sport they aren't interested in or have any understanding how it works!

lol.. Of course you were!

Back to your imaginary friends again.

If any one was wondering why i would find picking dog crap up more interesting than a debate with you this type of post explains it to them all on its own.Instead of responding to the post you in typical fashion just pick out one sentance to suit your point and ignore the rest of the post and for the second time on this subject you call me a liar.

I must also comment with all the time you spend on this forum i can see that you have no time to have real live friends so i can under stand that you don't know that real people cover a lot of topics when they are chatting its called getting to know each other by spending time listening to and talking about the other persons interests.So i will forgive you for your ignorance.

Yet again Wolves it stands are only to points clear of 4th and 5th place so are where near making the play offs for certain so yet again you did not tell your made up friends the truth .

Yet again the rest of the season is not Pontless to Belle Vue or Poole just because Wolves has made one change to there side ..the bookies still show them two to be heavy favorites to win the title ..so yet again you going ott about everything is pointless as quite clearly is it's not .also every team can change there line up's if they so wish it's not as thou the rules are not the same for everyone . Everyone can have views but all you done is told false facts to people

Do you actually read and understand any of the posts you comment on.

Edited by B.V 72

If any one was wondering why i would find picking dog crap up more interesting than a debate with you this type of post explains it to them all on its own.

Usual post from you, full of insults.

Back to your imaginary friends outraged at a club breaking no rules in a sport they have no interest in!

If any one was wondering why i would find picking dog crap up more interesting than a debate with you this type of post explains it to them all on its own.Instead of responding to the post you in typical fashion just pick out one sentance to suit your point and ignore the rest of the post and for the second time on this subject you call me a liar.

I must also comment with all the time you spend on this forum i can see that you have no time to have real live friends so i can under stand that you don't know that real people cover a lot of topics when they are chatting its called getting to know each other by spending time listening to and talking about the other persons interests.So i will forgive you for your ignorance.

Do you actually read and understand any of the posts you comment on.

Yes I do.. you told your made mates that Woffy was only brought in for the play offs ..what is clearly is false as Wolves have matches to ride to even get in them ..you then said to your made up mates that the whole season is now pointless as Wolves had made one change... what of course is wrong again for the reasons I have already put up before

Lol!

It's like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Yep you were right.After today i am going to give up with my two new found friends i have better things to do as mentioned.

On the bright side off to the speedway soon.

Edited by B.V 72

Yep you were right.After today i am going to give up with my two new found friends i have better things to do as mentioned.

You're going to speedway? Seriously?

I just told a few friends of mine, they're in hysterics! They can't believe you're going to such a thing. They have no clue what it is, but it's hilarious.

Why are going to Speedway I thought it was pointless ? Edited by orion