British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Are There Only Six In Contention For The Wc In The Next Five Years

What do people think? i believe with Emil included only six people are capable of winning the WC in the next five years.Tai (Who will take some beating) Emil (if he rides) Hancock,Zmarzlik,Pawlicki,Dudek,any thoughts.

Five years is a long time but they are the most probable contenders.

No different to any other era really under a GP format.

Go back to 2010 and ask how many people would have suggested Woffinden, Hancock, Doyle for top six in 2016?

Janowski and Lindback would have been regarded as bold and speculative picks while 15 year old Zmarzlik was still a year away from his Polish league debut.

Holder, Hampel and Sayfutdinov would most likely have been the first names on people's lists six years ago.

Go back to 2010 and ask how many people would have suggested Woffinden, Hancock, Doyle for top six in 2016?

Janowski and Lindback would have been regarded as bold and speculative picks while 15 year old Zmarzlik was still a year away from his Polish league debut.

Holder, Hampel and Sayfutdinov would most likely have been the first names on people's lists six years ago.

Dudek who at times looks sublime,Pawlicki who i really rate and Smarzlik have every chance.All three have different qualities, Smarzlik has achieved the most so far but they all have claims.The thing i would say is i think the two are better racers and passers than Dudek at the moment but that could change with time and experience.

Very few would have predicted Woffy in the March of 2013 to be World Champion, so any number of riders could suddenly burst onto the scene. If Puk gets some consistency, are you really going to rule out KK who was 8 points short of a World Title two years ago? Doyle is up there and competing in almost every GP these days too.

It's impossible to predict next season so no way am I predicting 5 years time :D

I tend to not go with any Poles as they seem to come up against some kind of mental block on the World stage.

If I was to pick one it would be Zmarzlik

One other I'm looking forward to seeing on the comeback trail would be Drabik, looks the real deal that kid

At the moment I can't see past Woffinden & Sayfutdinov in the immediate future

It's spelled Zmarzlik. What did Zmarzlik achieve which Dudek didn't? Both of them know the taste of Team Championship of Poland. Dudek was a junior world champion and he beaten Zmarzlik in the tournament. Zmarzlik won the same title only because Dudek didn't participate. Without Dudek he had to compete with riders like Kurtz or Lebiediev. When did Zmarzlik win the individual champion of Poland title? When did Zmarzlik win the Golden Helmet? He didn't even qualify to GP challenge but got invited there with wild card. Next year Dudek will most likely join Zmarzlik in GP series too. So again. How come Zmarzlik achieved anything more than Dudekc in your opinion when clearly Dudek achieved more?

Woffinden didn't "burst" in 2015. It's Emil who got badly injured and missed half the series. Even with that long absence Woffinden just barley overtook him in the table.

I actually think Dudek long term could be a better rider but have you forgotten something.? Bartosz has been on a podium as a teen and has won his maiden GP has Dudek done that YET.

who would have predicted that Doyle would have had the rise he's had in the last 2 years especially.

never can tell what will happen. avoiding injuries will be the main thing and is one of the reasons that Hancock has managed to continue as long as he has.

At the moment I can't see past Woffinden & Sayfutdinov in the immediate future

How can you omit the worlds best rider from the immediate future?

who would have predicted that Doyle would have had the rise he's had in the last 2 years especially.

I did! Aks those who know me and they'll confirm I have always rated Doyle and when he made the GP series last year I said he'd win a GP. I was agonisingly close to being right in the last few GPs. I've also got money on him to be World Champion this season.