British Speedway Forum

I do agree that maybe his average should have been reassessed as he hasn't ridden here for 2 years and has improved a lot in that time.

However I don't think Poole can say anything about averages. Still don't get how King & Buzz had same average yet only 1 was on the HL list, esp when Buzz had been a heatleader when in the uk whilst King was also a 2nd string and Buzz had been in the World Cup.

Didn't Poole do the same a few years ago when they waited for Miedzinski to get a high average then replaced him with KK? What's the difference

Exactly. Poole fans are the last that can moan about changing teams later in a season

Great move by the chuckle brothers.

Only downside will be Pearson screaming woffy woffy woffy on the commentary.

• Like 2

Calm down, dears.

1. He hasn't scored a point yet

2. The last time he rode for Wolves, he was crap a lot of the time

3. There already is a squad system - it's called the asset system (no prizes for guessing where the biggest squad is)

4. Who is Kylmakorpi an asset/squad member of? It it's not Wolves, he's already a squad member somewhere

5. Riders are just basically cattle

6. If other teams are cacking themselves about this, they'll just have to raise their performance levels

Simple

• Like 2

I don't blame Wolves or Tai as the rules allow it. It does make a mockery of the sport though to some extent. However, if the BSPA allow it then who can argue? I have to say though it needs looking at for future seasons.

I make Wolves Favourites for the league now.

Just before the playoffs? And Bjarne is hardly Woffinden. You will have to do better than that.

Anyway said what I think. Off to watch some speedway.

As I said before the better example is dropping Gafurov for THJ just before the end of August. So no moral high ground there for the Pirates.

Is it me or is it only Poole fans that are bitter about this.

We're not all bitter about this... I for one couldn't care less! Good on em. Hopefully Belle Vue and Poole can respond in a similar fashion.

For those saying it's unfair on Kylmakorpi... boo-hoo! It's a competitive team motorsport, not cuddles day. This sort of thing needs to happen more often. I for one would love an Elite League ran by Matt Ford's.

As he hasn't ridden here for 2 years he should be re assessed to an 8, which all GP riders come in on. His old average should be junked.

This makes a lot of sense to me which probably means it won't happen.

Don't see an issue at all with Wolves signing Tai. It's happened in speedway for years and will continue to do so. There was a transfer deadline day last year, is there one this year? Also Tai has only missed one full season so his average shouldn't be reassessed.

Edited by woz01

As a Poole fan I don't have an issue with it at all - subject to it being approved?!

As its been claimed that its only Poole fans that are complaining about it, I hope that when/if Poole make a change before the cut-off date, that nobody else has a go?!

Incidentally, I would love to know how some think the likes of Magic , Lindback or Hancock could possibly be fitted in with the current averages as they are.? If a change is made it is far more likely to be for Bjarne, who although currently scoring plenty of points at reserve has been told by MF that his heat times must improve as they are often a second slower than other heats. His gating ability is still great but it doesn't help if he's at the front and slowing up his partner.

• Like 1

If you want to refer to Tai as a ringer that's fine but no rules have been broken.

We get moans when teams win with over half a team of ringer guests or when meeting get called off if the promotion don't fancy it. Doctors notes get issued on a whim for out of form riders or if they just can't be arsed they are replaced by a PL six pointer but again no rules are broken. Written into the rules is the Joker where second scores more than first and people moan about that.

Speedway doesn't have a wealth of floating fans turning up at different times to keep crowds healthy we are down to the die hard of the die hards, mainly fifty plus. These fans hark back to good and fair competition and as with the examples above take issue with things even when no rules are broken. British speedway seems to keep chipping away at these stalwart fans and with nothing to replace them with the future is bleak but the modern day mantra from promoters is "I'm alright Jack".

I think this has also got to do with Elit Vetlanda missing the Swedish Play Offs. It means Tai can swap England for Sweden and so his routine is not massively compromised and not jetting off every day.

I doubt he would have come if Vetlanda were still in with a chance in Sweden and it's their last match next week I believe.

I'm pretty au fait with the rule book and, to this end, would love to know what particular rule (or rules) the Wolverhamton Promotion have broken?

If it's purely a case of ethics, then with all due respect to the decent Poole supporters, one or two people on here are making themselves look extremely hypocritical; particularly given events over recent seasons.

Tai's inclusion just adds some spice - making a three horse race for the title more exciting. It's good news for the wider sport in general - and is in all probability welcomed by the majority.

Just to add, I haven't seen any Belle Vue fans on here yet throwing their dummies out of their prams? That speaks volumes for their excellent club.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason