British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Ipswich Pl Sunday 14 August 2016 3pm

I didn't see any sign of that on Sunday morning when they were at the tables opposite me eating breakfast in the Waverley.

Chris Louis was with them and he didn't say anything either.

What's the waverly like? I normally stay at the travel lodge in Whitehaven.

What's the waverly like? I normally stay at the travel lodge in Whitehaven.

Better than the travel lodge. I got a single en suite room including discount at the bar and a buffet cooked breakfast for £40 - its a very decent hotel and you can walk to the track.

• Like 2

Really enjoyed my visit to Glasgow. Brilliant to see our sport promoted properly. The only complaint would be the tractor racing that went on for ages. No need for that. Just hope that enough clubs take your lead so that you have opposition to ride against!

• Like 4

Perhaps the kiddies race and the regrading should not both be held between the same two heats? It just makes this interval too long unless the hidden agenda is to sell more food and drink.

And what exactly is the purpose of the big green tractor going round and round and round and round and round and round without actually scraping or spreading any dirt? Would a big heavy roller not do the same job in a fraction of the time?

And, while Nike's final bend pass was awesome, Richie Worrall was robbed of the MotM award today (15 from 6 compared to 9 from 7).

Big heavy rollers destroy the track surface, they crush shale and when under compaction from a roller tries to return to its original state, which is rock... The tractor wheels do a much better job of re-gripping the racing surface, once the shale has been graded in... [During the meeting]

Edited by Shale Searcher

Big heavy rollers destroy the track surface, they crush shale and when under compaction from a roller tries to return to its original state, which is rock... The tractor wheels do a much better job of re-gripping the racing surface, once the shale has been graded in... [During the meeting]

In addition SS, water in the shale is eased out to the surface with tyre packing, as opposed to squeezing the water outside of the line of the heavy roller. The track is more consistant, and as you say does a better job of regripping the track mid meeting.