British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Wouldn't it be great to learn a few more facts before forming opinions?

• Like 8

Having read and contributed on the 'Should Tai Ride for Team GB' thread and having read this thread so far, I have come to the conclusion that this forum only really has a handful of real UK speedway fans who take the time to consider what their posting and the reason they are posting it. The rest seem to just use this forum to moan, whinge, attack other forum members and crucify UK speedway.

Tai has tweeted something and all those which fall into the second category above are off and running, whilst the very few in the first category are keeping things on planet earth.

There is nothing official (that I'm aware of) that has been released, just a tweet from an obviously unhappy Tai Woffinden. Let's be grown up and wait and see what happens in the next 24-48hrs before we all act like children and use the tweet as yet another excuse to berate Britain's best by an absolute country mile. I for one will be doing that, however I'm sure that those as described above will carry on like children in a candy shop now you have a nugget of ammo. So very, very sad.

Top post :t:

• Like 2

no there wasnt there was a chance for the guys to have a blast around the track to test some engines it wasnt an

tell me another rider who provided fitness training for the team.. out of his won pocket.. who didnt take any expenses for the team. .. and had a 4 year plan to progress the youngsters in this country ???

Edited by 5 FURROW

He says hes not being mugged off anymore but hes mugging off the EL just using it as and when it suits. Too many are happy to just lie down and let Tai walk all over them.

Wasn't certain at first whether you'd written "walk" or . . . Something else

Devil will be in the details as always but it probably not the wisest thing to do to blurt out a tweet as Tai did earlier. For the sake of Team GB lets hope there`s a re-think over the winter.

• Like 1

So only TeamGB not British Speedway then. So it's only BSI who will miss out ....

Considering his stature in the Sport(world champion),it is a very strange way to behave ,it does not show him or the sport in good light.Thats Social Media though.In professional sports up and coming stars are taught how to deal with the media unfortunately Speedway doesn't fall into that category thesedays.

• Like 1

When Buster Chapman and Rob Godfrey took over, Everyone said how British Speedway was going to be on the up and be great for years come. Its been nothing but a shambles and they're making things 100s time worse then they was. British Speedway won't exist within the 10 years

How many people go to make this everyone then?10,20,30?

• Like 2

So the Team GB Manager states quite clearly on BT Sport yesterday that he has had nothing but full support from BSPA and that the 'training camps' (Croatia etc?) and the fitness/nutrition sessions will take place again for next season. Also considering test matches against the Swedes, Poles, Danes - (maybe even the Germans if we actually want to win one!) -on their tracks.

Even the BSPA chairman stated he was supportive of Tai's aspirations.

Don't understand it at all!!

NB. Isn't a certain Mr Pearson in charge of Woffy's PR etc????!

• Like 2

I always thought it was a bit weird having an Aussie in Team GB anyway.

Completely agree Rory Schlein should never have been selected

• Like 1

What gets my goat is if you dont agree with Woffinden you are not a true fan. True fans will agree with him.

What a load of tosh.

• Like 7

What gets my goat is if you dont agree with Woffinden you are not a true fan. True fans will agree with him.

What a load of tosh.

True fans would buy me a drink and do the washing up for me.