British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

if I'm honest i'm fed up with him , he is what he is and he does get headlines for the sport good or bad but quite frankly I couldn't care less if he rides for team GB or not , he has his views rightly or wrongly but he isn't my cup of tea and yes british speedway does need him but we will carry on if he is a part of it or not

• Like 6

Very rarely post these days but what a sad state of affairs when a rider who while I believe has contributed significantly to British speedway but actually benefited hugely from the way British Speedway allowed him to develop yet again kicks his country in the teeth

Frankly I could not care less whether he agrees with whatever it is he is criticising the BSPA for in his cryptic tweet but the fact is that as Britains No 1 rider he should damn well make himself available to ride for his country. As for all this maybe in 2018, well for me once he is out he stays out, why should he dictate when he does and does not ride?

I said the same when Scot Nicholls threw his teddy out of the pram as well and was glad he was left out of this years WC

Time that egos were popped back in the box and riders got on with riding for the country who has supported them, Tai may moan about the BSPA but when he was young and riding in just about every league over here but with no speedway anywhere else in the world he was glad of Britain. Now he is a big fish he wants the sport to dance to his tune

Sorry but perspective WC or not he is not bigger than the sport

Very very sad for someone who has been treated very well by British Speedway over many year

For probably the first time ever, me and Chris Brown agree on a subject 100%.

Excellent post Chris and spot on the money.

• Like 1

Interesting that the other members of the team havnt quit

Edited by montie

Interesting that the other members of the team havnt quit

That's because they're a country mile behind Tai and have nothing else to fall back on i.e. World titles etc. None of them are world class, unlike Tai.

This thread is becoming as laughable as the 'Should Tai Ride for Team GB' thread...keep it up folks :lol:

Let's have a go at putting things into perspective;

Imagine you're at work and are working your arse off carrying 3 other folk who were not performing at anywhere near the level you are and you are the sole reason why your company/team/section (whatever) excelled but your boss gave you no recognition at all even though you've consistently outperformed and far exceeded the other members of your team/section. Maybe, just maybe that's how Tai feels. Just a thought.

Edited by chris4gillian
  • Like 1

Imagine you're at work and are working your arse off carrying 3 other folk who were not performing at anywhere near the level you are and you are the sole reason why your company/team/section (whatever) excelled but your boss gave you no recognition at all even though you've consistently outperformed and far exceeded the other members of your team/section. Maybe, just maybe that's how Tai feels. Just a thought.

Your argument doesn't hold up. Tai received nothing but praise and admiration from ALL quarters for his efforts and achievements in the World Cup. He got recognition on live TV from Rosco, who incidentally also said that several of the things Tai wanted done are in place.

Let's just turn your argument on its head for a minute. If a salesperson got massively high sales figures and then wanted to run the company would he be qualified to do so? NO. It takes more than talent on a bike ( and nobody disputes Tai has that) to run a sport and effectively that is what Tai is asking to do.

• Like 2

Very rarely post these days but what a sad state of affairs when a rider who while I believe has contributed significantly to British speedway but actually benefited hugely from the way British Speedway allowed him to develop yet again kicks his country in the teeth

Frankly I could not care less whether he agrees with whatever it is he is criticising the BSPA for in his cryptic tweet but the fact is that as Britains No 1 rider he should damn well make himself available to ride for his country. As for all this maybe in 2018, well for me once he is out he stays out, why should he dictate when he does and does not ride?

I said the same when Scot Nicholls threw his teddy out of the pram as well and was glad he was left out of this years WC

Time that egos were popped back in the box and riders got on with riding for the country who has supported them, Tai may moan about the BSPA but when he was young and riding in just about every league over here but with no speedway anywhere else in the world he was glad of Britain. Now he is a big fish he wants the sport to dance to his tune

Sorry but perspective WC or not he is not bigger than the sport

Very very sad for someone who has been treated very well by British Speedway over many year

First class post Chris, I agree entirely with your comments.

"The Mackem"

• Like 2

Your argument doesn't hold up. Tai received nothing but praise and admiration from ALL quarters for his efforts and achievements in the World Cup. He got recognition on live TV from Rosco, who incidentally also said that several of the things Tai wanted done are in place.

Let's just turn your argument on its head for a minute. If a salesperson got massively high sales figures and then wanted to run the company would he be qualified to do so? NO. It takes more than talent on a bike ( and nobody disputes Tai has that) to run a sport and effectively that is what Tai is asking to do.

It wasn't an argument it was just a thought as clearly stated.

Tai doesn't want to run the company (BSPA), just have some input so your 'argument' doesn't hold up :t:

Has Tai ever asked to run the sport? i think all he has ever wanted is to be listened to.That is not happening for me he is speaking on behalf of Ellis,Bates, ect) of this world he wants things to be better for the likes of them.Let's be honest we were a false second in the WTC Tai scored 19 of the total six of those in that crappy double point ride.Things are not rosy things need to change if you don't listen to the WC who do you listen to.?

That's because they're a country mile behind Tai and have nothing else to fall back on i.e. World titles etc. None of them are world class, unlike Tai.

This thread is becoming as laughable as the 'Should Tai Ride for Team GB' thread...keep it up folks :lol:

In other words you are saying he is not a team player and its me me me. And then after that me again.

You have just confirmed what many of us on here (clearly not you) think. Woffinden is one selfish jumped up rider with no consideration to the fans that cheered for him in Manchester. I was one of them I even started a thread titled Well Done Tai when he gave his medal to a little girl.

How does he repay the fans that cheered him on? By cryptic twitter messages and saying he has quit.

Any respect lauded on him lies on the floor with empty air horns, emoty beer bottles and trodden on burgers.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 4

Has Tai ever asked to run the sport? i think all he has ever wanted is to be listened to.That is not happening for me he is speaking on behalf of Ellis,Bates, ect) of this world he wants things to be better for the likes of them.Let's be honest we were a false second in the WTC Tai scored 19 of the total six of those in that crappy double point ride.Things are not rosy things need to change if you don't listen to the WC who do you listen to.?

He would garner a lot more support and favour from people if he actually said that rather than allowing people on forums to come to their own conclusions which does no one any favours whether they are making a point on his behalf or against him.

• Like 1

In other words you are saying he is not a team player and its me me me. And then after that me again.

You have just confirmed what many of us on here (clearly not you) think. Woffinden is one selfish jumped up rider with no consideration to the fans that cheered for him in Manchester. I was one of them I even started a thread titled Well Done Tai when he gave his medal to a little girl.

How does he repay the fans that cheered him on? By cryptic twitter messages and saying he has quit.

Any respect lauded on him lies on the floor with empty air horns, emoty beer bottles and trodden on burgers.

Your opinion only a poor one at that, you don't know the full facts yet you crucify Woffinden.Thinking about it in your post something struck a cord for me when you post it seems that it is all about YOU and me,me,me again.If i hazard a guess i bet the Poole management behind your back take the piss out of you rotten.
  • Like 2

Your opinion only a poor one at that, you don't know the full facts yet you crucify Woffinden.Thinking about it in your post something struck a cord for me when you post it seems that it is all about YOU and me,me,me again.If i hazard a guess i bet the Poole management behind your back take the piss out of you rotten.

Expected response for you. Deflect away from the issue we are talking about and attack the poster.

A guy I know was talking about you the other day. He said you know very little about the sport. Harsh but true.