British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Perhaps its to do with no I in team as well.

Common sense says a British rider riding for a British team in Britain would get expenses in Britain only.

I fail to see why the British authorities should pay any expenses other than that.

It's Woffindens choice to ride abroad so the consequences are down to him alone,

and in part of a friendly debate.. i disagree.. why should a ride be left out of pocket to ride for his country ?

but as per life i understand your point of view i just disagree

Perhaps its to do with no I in team as well.

if you look closely there is a ME though light bit of humour haha :t:

For probably the first time ever, me and Chris Brown agree on a subject 100%.

Excellent post Chris and spot on the money.

I am off for a sit down :t:

I will go back into Forum Retirement now

• Like 1

and in part of a friendly debate.. i disagree.. why should a ride be left out of pocket to ride for his country ?

but as per life i understand your point of view i just disagree

Why should a country pay expenses to someone that doesn't choose to ride in that country?

I'm quite happy to agree to disagree cos quite simply unless or until Woffinden actually lets us all know what his beef is none of us can really come to a definitive conclusion.

Maybe Woffinden was looking for a way out. He managed to find a way out of the British Final now he has found a way out of the World Cup.

For someone who is so outspoken, the silence in his willing to reveal the detail is deafening.

• Like 5

Or is it a fact that Tai now thinks he is something far bigger that to be seen on the British team. Wish we knew the fact of what has gone on. No doubt this is something between him and the B.P.S.A/SCB. They don't really get on very well together do they.

Or is it a fact that Tai now thinks he is something far bigger that to be seen on the British team. Wish we knew the fact of what has gone on. No doubt this is something between him and the B.P.S.A/SCB. They don't really get on very well together do they.

Apart from he is prepared to race for a member of the BSPA......

• Like 2

he hasnt said that though has he..

he said i wish i could buy the right to Team GB not the BSPA...

The only reason he is racing in GB is for HIMSELF and money.
  • Like 2

The only reason he is racing in GB is for HIMSELF and money.

Well it is part of his job. :o:unsure::blink:

• Like 2

Perhaps the reason he doesn't want to divulge the exact reason is simply because it will not shine a very good light on him.

• Like 1

On talent he perhaps is, but a but like KP in cricket, if he's going to take that attitude he can idiot right off.

On talent he perhaps is, but a but like KP in cricket, if he's going to take that attitude he can idiot right off.

Currently reading KP's book. Good to read his side of the story, although it is one sided it does illustrate the bigger picture a wee bit, particularly the clique within the England cricket team.

Given that other riders have walked away from GB I think the Speedway issues are likely to be less complex. But it would be nice to know exactly what they are.

Good riddance to him. His heart has never really been in representing the UK from the start.

I used to like him when he was a kid but he has become a jumped up self important *anchor now. I don't watch the GP now as I simply won't pay the extra subscription but It does please me to see Hancock doing well. A genuine guy who always has time for his fans and his country.

Just out of interest are Monster Energy sponsoring the SWC next year? If not it may have something to do with his decision.

Currently reading KP's book. Good to read his side of the story, although it is one sided it does illustrate the bigger picture a wee bit, particularly the clique within the England cricket team.

Without going too much off topic, I don't think the clique was the problem, it was KPs failure to be part of a team that was his problem. I don't think it is any coincidence that he fell out with every team that he was part of. Even in the early days the Notts boys got so fed up with him I think they emptied his stuff off the balcony at Trent Bridge in the end. Then there was textgate, I don't think it was an accident that the fact he was texting South Africa got leaked. KP is the original bertie big bollocks, and when you are hitting test century after century you get away with it, but when you are getting out on stupid big shots for 20 or 30 then the team will soon turn on you.

As for Tai, I think he is a fantastic and amazing rider, but I lost so much respect for him with that deliberate swearing during the SWC. Then this issue he is again acting unprofessional, and mouthing off without giving any facts of 'why' he is mouthing off. The trouble is that his fanboys lap that stuff up and assume the BSPA are wrong.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 1