British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

TW's PR man is Nigel Pearson.

Having spoken to TW recently, there is far more to this story than meets the eye. No wonder he's pissed off. The people running this sport in this country are going to run it into the ground. They are clueless.

As for TW not being 'Universally popular'... a few very vocal moaning old gits, on a speedway forum frequented by the same few people, doesn't actually count' ;-)

Nailed it Gresham :t:

How has he caused mayhem? As far as I have seen he has only upset a few on here who the majority don't even have a proper name, who think they know everything and they have a right to know everything that goes on in the speedway world

Another voice of reason :t:

Tai has decided to give Team GB a miss for 1 year, yes just 1 year as he's not happy about certain things which he won't make public. Personally I think that's quite a professional attitude to have as it alleviates any further public bad press. A decision has been made so that's the end of it. Why do any of us (yes myself included) have any right to know all the details? We don't.

The world hasn't come to an end so some of you need to stop posting like it has. Jeez.

• Like 6

I can't believe some on here are seriously advocating that fans don't need to know. How utterly ridiculous. Who pays the money week in week out?

• Like 1

Shame we didn't get a full explanation from Tai but I think it doesn't take a genius to work out where the problem lies. Jim Lynch, Rob Lyon, Scotty Nicholls, Lee Rico (gob bless you bud) & now all Woffy have all been vocal with their criticism of the BSPA & there are many many others who do too.

From the outside looking in doesn't seem to hard to see where the problem is..

• Like 3

It still needs to be released, the whole mentality of mentioning a problem and then not revealing what it is leaves everyone in the dark and causes damaging speculation.

This sport nearly always keep the supporters in the dark and then wonders why they leave in droves.

It will be interesting to see if we get another point of view from the speedway star, because this clearly needs addressing.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

I can't believe some on here are seriously advocating that fans don't need to know. How utterly ridiculous. Who pays the money week in week out?

Agree. How anyone can say Woffinden has acted professionally is hilarious.

Of course fans need to know. This is a sport, therefore not classed the same as a normal job, where workers don't have fans.

Woffinden's started this. He has failed to explain himself with his press release and in doing so acted even more unprofessionally. Perhaps he thinks it's all one big joke but in truth this whole thing comes across as a shoddy mess on his side.

The world hasn't come to an end so some of you need to stop posting like it has. Jeez.

There you go again. Telling people on here to stop posting. You used the same words at me earlier now you are telling most on here who have a different opinion to stop posting.

Perhaps you might not have noticed but you and a couple of others are the only people backing Woffindens twitter rant and press release. Perhaps you should do the sensible thing under such circumstances and take your own advice?

Now that Tai`s detached himself from all things British we wont have to cringe at his on podium antics or recoil in shame at his on screen bad language. We can now all have a good laugh at him without feeling any guilt.

• Like 2

So you clearly know more than the majority of us. Can you please tell uscall Woffindens gripes as he seems unwilling to do so.

To be fair Gresham is a bullsh*tter I doubt any conversation with Woffinden took place, that he is using the statement as a way to impose his own tired opinion probably confirms that

Edited by The Mockingjay

Just my 2p

Maybe Tai's aim is for GB to fail to qualify for the race-off in 2017 which means they'd have to race in a World Cup qualifiers in 2018.

This would show how far British Speedway has fallen.

Woffy's performance in this years World Cup created a smoke screen.

Now that Tai`s detached himself from all things British we wont have to cringe at his on podium antics or recoil in shame at his on screen bad language. We can now all have a good laugh at him without feeling any guilt.

Or cheer him on when he's winning

There seem to be all sorts of things happening in the background, people keep going on about "certain issues" without revealing any details. WE pay to watch this so called sport, WE travel to meetings and are expected to stand in a dungheap of a stadium and remain orderly, while riders and officials bicker in private (except when they vault the fence and assault the paying public), WE are supposed to accept top-rated internationals picking and choosing what they will and will not take part in and WE are supposed to pay-up and shut-up while liars like the Swindon promotion sell season tickets on the promise that the second half of the season would be in a plush new stadium. If the powers that be and so-called superstars carry on disregarding the public, they'll soon find even less of the said public bother to turn up again and looking at some of the 'crowds' we see on SKY, it's seems that voting with the feet is already well underway.

• Like 5

All this "having a year out" talk is nonsense - It's only a week!

Perhaps Nicky P has invited him down to Monaco.

• Like 2

Dont see how Woffinden can decide this early he is taken a year out, with nearly a year to go until the next SWC there`s lots that can change between now and then. Right now I think Woffinden is being childish and arrogant.

• Like 5

Like or loathe the guy, let's face it, he is the only truly world class rider that this country has! Whether you think he is a plastic Brit or not, he rides under the Team GB banner and for a sport that is dying on it's feet in this country then alienating your best asset isn't the cleverest idea!

There is an old saying, you don't have to like somebody to do business with them, in this instance British Speedway needs as much positive publicity as possible and Woffinden is the one guy who can generate some proper press outside of our trade mag.

But like I've said many times, whilst the sport in this country is self-governed you will continue to see decisions made that are only in individuals best interests and to have your best asset bad mouthing Team GB isn't in anyone's best interest!

There seem to be all sorts of things happening in the background, people keep going on about "certain issues" without revealing any details. WE pay to watch this so called sport, WE travel to meetings and are expected to stand in a dungheap of a stadium and remain orderly, while riders and officials bicker in private (except when they vault the fence and assault the paying public), WE are supposed to accept top-rated internationals picking and choosing what they will and will not take part in and WE are supposed to pay-up and shut-up while liars like the Swindon promotion sell season tickets on the promise that the second half of the season would be in a plush new stadium. If the powers that be and so-called superstars carry on disregarding the public, they'll soon find even less of the said public bother to turn up again and looking at some of the 'crowds' we see on SKY, it's seems that voting with the feet is already well underway.

Spot on!

• Like 4

Why should he? It's a bit like your posts .. Do you ever explain yourself when other people on here ask you about certain posts

Champions are winners they don't set out to be popular, You should know that with Poole .. Also were Manchester United universally popular?, was Gary Havelock universally popular? Was Nicki Pedersen universally popular? Is Andy Murray universally popular? I could go on... I would rather be a winner than popular if I was top of what I do

Peter Collins, Erik Gundersen, Jan O. Pedersen and Mark Loram all proved that it's possible to be universally popular winners.