British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Shame we didn't get a full explanation from Tai but I think it doesn't take a genius to work out where the problem lies. Jim Lynch, Rob Lyon, Scotty Nicholls, Lee Rico (gob bless you bud) & now all Woffy have all been vocal with their criticism of the BSPA & there are many many others who do too.

From the outside looking in doesn't seem to hard to see where the problem is..

I wouldn't put Lynchy in the same sentence in the likes of Woffy, Nicholls, the late great Rico or even Lyon!

People like him are the reason that British Speedway is in such a mess!

• Like 2

Woffy has said he is only doing what is best for him a number of times now,so let him go and get on with it ,it won't make any difference to the sport in this country.He is not exactly showing the sport in good light with his foul mouth interviews anyway.

• Like 1

I wouldn't put Lynchy in the same sentence in the likes of Woffy, Nicholls, the late great Rico or even Lyon!

People like him are the reason that British Speedway is in such a mess!

Wont disagree with you boss, but he was involved in the set up and had gripes...

If he dos,nt want to ride for GB so be it, I wont lose any sleep, I will support the lads that do want to represent their country, true we will win nothing but at least we will have a team who want to wear the union flag and will give it their best. Cant ask for more than that.

• Like 4

Like or loathe the guy, let's face it, he is the only truly world class rider that this country has! Whether you think he is a plastic Brit or not, he rides under the Team GB banner and for a sport that is dying on it's feet in this country then alienating your best asset isn't the cleverest idea!

There is an old saying, you don't have to like somebody to do business with them, in this instance British Speedway needs as much positive publicity as possible and Woffinden is the one guy who can generate some proper press outside of our trade mag.

But like I've said many times, whilst the sport in this country is self-governed you will continue to see decisions made that are only in individuals best interests and to have your best asset bad mouthing Team GB isn't in anyone's best interest!

Spot on!

All well and Good Paul ...but if your going to moan Tai needs to put the reasons forward so people can made a judgement ..just because the people who run speedway in the uk have made mistakes in the past does mean they have done anything wrong here ....unless the reasons are put up how are they going to defend themselves ?

Lets just say a statement was put out saying that Tai is not going to get pick again but we are not going to give any reasons ..what do think would happen ? there be uproar ..he needs to put or shut up to be fair .

About time he updated the article above the statement which says he is the current British Champion

In his own mind he probably thinks he still is.

• Like 2

All well and Good Paul ...but if your going to moan Tai needs to put the reasons forward so people can made a judgement ..just because the people who run speedway in the uk have made mistakes in the past does mean they have done anything wrong here ....unless the reasons are put up how are they going to defend themselves ?

Lets just say a statement was put out saying that Tai is not going to get pick again but we are not going to give any reasons ..what do think would happen ? there be uproar ..he needs to put or shut up to be fair .

I'm not particularly defending Tai here Tim, I don't think he's covered himself in glory by putting out cryptic messages.

All I am saying is that he is the "prize asset" that Britain has in terms of quality and therefore maximise that, as I said in early post you don't have to like someone to do business with them!

• Like 1

I wonder if he'll still want to influence the team selection in 2017?! ;-)

I was under the opinion Nige was Tai's PR .... However he doesn't do such a brill job....where is the publicity regarding the handing over of the GOSH fundraiser money?...or maybe Tai didn't get any publicity for it, the norm with this sport we all love:)

Tai's PR not doing a good job ? Just look how much Tai is being talked about, for good or for bad, for right or for wrong, he is being talked about. I got to know Gordon Ramsay very well & when he was not under the spotlight his PR would often through a spanner in the works just to get the media talking about Gordon. So just maybe Nigel Pearson is a bit smarter than some of you think!!!

• Like 1

Bet he wishes he'd have chosen Australia... and that young girl would have had a winner's medal now.

Agree. How anyone can say Woffinden has acted professionally is hilarious.

Of course fans need to know. This is a sport, therefore not classed the same as a normal job, where workers don't have fans.

Woffinden's started this. He has failed to explain himself with his press release and in doing so acted even more unprofessionally. Perhaps he thinks it's all one big joke but in truth this whole thing comes across as a shoddy mess on his side.

There you go again. Telling people on here to stop posting. You used the same words at me earlier now you are telling most on here who have a different opinion to stop posting.

Perhaps you might not have noticed but you and a couple of others are the only people backing Woffindens twitter rant and press release. Perhaps you should do the sensible thing under such circumstances and take your own advice?

I said stop posting as if the world has ended, not stop posting! Try reading what's written.

Edited by chris4gillian

Another amusing thread about Woffy. Some of you Poms have no clue about the guy. People tried hard to get him to ride for Aussie, he didn't want to and it was nothing to do with him thinking he wouldn't get in the side, that is and always will be total crap. He wanted to ride for GB because he feels he is British, which he is and that is an undisputable fact. He's proud of his heritage and would love for the sport to move forward in GB, which is why he gets frustrated when the powers that be don't match that ambition.

Does he love Aussie? Yes, he does. He had a great childhood there, had many friends, had a good lifestyle and had opportunities he wouldn't have got in the UK. His parents also loved it there, as do many Poms who live there but they always saw themselves as what they are, British. Just because the lad picked up an accent and has a great affection for the place, some think that makes him an Aussie; if you're one of those you need to get a grip.

Same old thing with some of you, can't stand anyone from your own country doing well. Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Lewis Hamilton, Phil Taylor, Steve Davis, Andy Murray etc etc. Weird thing is, when a Brit team or sportsperson is doing crap, you still slaughter them and say things like "omg, it makes me embarrassed to be British". Maybe that's why you hate winners, they don't meet your self fulfilling prophecy of being crap, you can't handle it.

Didn't see all this bull when Nicholls and Richardson spoke out against GB and refused to ride for them. The lad is right, the guys running it are doing a poor job, which just about everyone agrees with! You all slag off British speedway but then get your panties in a bundle if a rider dares to do the same. Grow up you dicks.

BOOM! Great post :t:

• Like 1

Another amusing thread about Woffy. Some of you Poms have no clue about the guy. People tried hard to get him to ride for Aussie, he didn't want to and it was nothing to do with him thinking he wouldn't get in the side, that is and always will be total crap. He wanted to ride for GB because he feels he is British, which he is and that is an undisputable fact. He's proud of his heritage and would love for the sport to move forward in GB, which is why he gets frustrated when the powers that be don't match that ambition.

Does he love Aussie? Yes, he does. He had a great childhood there, had many friends, had a good lifestyle and had opportunities he wouldn't have got in the UK. His parents also loved it there, as do many Poms who live there but they always saw themselves as what they are, British. Just because the lad picked up an accent and has a great affection for the place, some think that makes him an Aussie; if you're one of those you need to get a grip.

Same old thing with some of you, can't stand anyone from your own country doing well. Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Lewis Hamilton, Phil Taylor, Steve Davis, Andy Murray etc etc. Weird thing is, when a Brit team or sportsperson is doing crap, you still slaughter them and say things like "omg, it makes me embarrassed to be British". Maybe that's why you hate winners, they don't meet your self fulfilling prophecy of being crap, you can't handle it.

Didn't see all this bull when Nicholls and Richardson spoke out against GB and refused to ride for them. The lad is right, the guys running it are doing a poor job, which just about everyone agrees with! You all slag off British speedway but then get your panties in a bundle if a rider dares to do the same. Grow up you dicks.

So Motorcycling Australia are skint- and Lemo had to put out an appeal for funds- I didn`t see Holder, Doyle slagging them off. Woffinden just cannot seem to accept the British authorities are in the same boat.

• Like 3