British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

BOOM! Great post :t:

Here's a copy of the original tweet....

Tai Woffinden ‏@TWoffinden 24m24 minutes ago

Good luck to #TeamGB in the future! A lot of you wont understand but true fans will! I ain't being mugged of any more #LastStraw #OverIt

If any other top sports person tweeted that, dont you think that fans would be up in arms about it and would want an expansion and explanation of the tweet??

Quite rightly fans want to know how he's been "mugged off"

He needs to explain, so fans know why, what and wherefore.

Otherwise it does just look like he's chucked his toys out his pram, like a petulant child that's been told he can't go to the park today....

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 1

Another amusing thread about Woffy. Some of you Poms have no clue about the guy. People tried hard to get him to ride for Aussie, he didn't want to and it was nothing to do with him thinking he wouldn't get in the side, that is and always will be total crap. He wanted to ride for GB because he feels he is British, which he is and that is an undisputable fact. He's proud of his heritage and would love for the sport to move forward in GB, which is why he gets frustrated when the powers that be don't match that ambition.

Does he love Aussie? Yes, he does. He had a great childhood there, had many friends, had a good lifestyle and had opportunities he wouldn't have got in the UK. His parents also loved it there, as do many Poms who live there but they always saw themselves as what they are, British. Just because the lad picked up an accent and has a great affection for the place, some think that makes him an Aussie; if you're one of those you need to get a grip.

Same old thing with some of you, can't stand anyone from your own country doing well. Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Lewis Hamilton, Phil Taylor, Steve Davis, Andy Murray etc etc. Weird thing is, when a Brit team or sportsperson is doing crap, you still slaughter them and say things like "omg, it makes me embarrassed to be British". Maybe that's why you hate winners, they don't meet your self fulfilling prophecy of being crap, you can't handle it.

Didn't see all this bull when Nicholls and Richardson spoke out against GB and refused to ride for them. The lad is right, the guys running it are doing a poor job, which just about everyone agrees with! You all slag off British speedway but then get your panties in a bundle if a rider dares to do the same. Grow up you dicks.

We don't hate winners, we're all immensely proud of our Olympics squad. People are allowed to criticise as well as praise, that's what forums are for.

• Like 1

If he dos,nt want to ride for GB so be it, I wont lose any sleep, I will support the lads that do want to represent their country, true we will win nothing but at least we will have a team who want to wear the union flag and will give it their best. Cant ask for more than that.

I think that is very harsh. Tai rode his heart out for Great Britain in the SWC. He was the best Rider on display.

• Like 6

It will be interesting seeing if the bspa do help the British youngsters in preparation etc for the next few World Cups or if more riders refuse to ride in it, or if we get to a situation where we have to qualify to get into the main competition.

Bet he wishes he'd have chosen Australia... and that young girl would have had a winner's medal now.

Funny as a car crash you are

• Like 1

Hopefully doesn't ride for GB again. You might be unhappy with the BSPA, we all are, but grow up and stop the dummy spitting.

• Like 3

So Motorcycling Australia are skint- and Lemo had to put out an appeal for funds- I didn`t see Holder, Doyle slagging them off. Woffinden just cannot seem to accept the British authorities are in the same boat.

Woffinden seems to be saying if your not doing things my way I`m off, now I don`t know what the exact issues are he has that is stopping him riding for Team GB next year, maybe some kind of statement from Woffinden and/or Team GB would help, I note there is nothing mentioned on the BSPA site.

The actual tweet:

Tai Woffinden@TWoffinden 24m24 minutes ago

Good luck to #TeamGB in the future! A lot of you wont understand but true fans will! I ain't being mugged of any more #LastStraw #OverIt

So if people don't understand, they are not true fans according to Woffinden. The fact people pay money to watch the sport suggests they are true fans.

No more WTC Finals for GB for a few years, that's a dead cert..

They only got one this year because of the stupid seeding for the hosts.

Let's be grown up and wait and see what happens in the next 24-48hrs before we all act like children and use the tweet as yet another excuse to berate Britain's best by an absolute country mile. I for one will be doing that, however I'm sure that those as described above will carry on like children in a candy shop now you have a nugget of ammo. So very, very sad.

Wow talk about contradicting yourself. One rule for Tai with regards acting like a child with his tweet, but another rule for the forum. Who died and made you the boss of what we are allowed to say and think?

Tai has decided to give Team GB a miss for 1 year, yes just 1 year as he's not happy about certain things which he won't make public. Personally I think that's quite a professional attitude to have as it alleviates any further public bad press. A decision has been made so that's the end of it. Why do any of us (yes myself included) have any right to know all the details? We don't.

Talk about wearing 'Tai Tinted Glasses'.... If he doesn't want to discuss things in public, why make the tweet?

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 6

Another amusing thread about Woffy. Some of you Poms have no clue about the guy. People tried hard to get him to ride for Aussie, he didn't want to and it was nothing to do with him thinking he wouldn't get in the side, that is and always will be total crap. He wanted to ride for GB because he feels he is British, which he is and that is an undisputable fact. He's proud of his heritage and would love for the sport to move forward in GB, which is why he gets frustrated when the powers that be don't match that ambition.

Does he love Aussie? Yes, he does. He had a great childhood there, had many friends, had a good lifestyle and had opportunities he wouldn't have got in the UK. His parents also loved it there, as do many Poms who live there but they always saw themselves as what they are, British. Just because the lad picked up an accent and has a great affection for the place, some think that makes him an Aussie; if you're one of those you need to get a grip.

Same old thing with some of you, can't stand anyone from your own country doing well. Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill, Lewis Hamilton, Phil Taylor, Steve Davis, Andy Murray etc etc. Weird thing is, when a Brit team or sportsperson is doing crap, you still slaughter them and say things like "omg, it makes me embarrassed to be British". Maybe that's why you hate winners, they don't meet your self fulfilling prophecy of being crap, you can't handle it.

Didn't see all this bull when Nicholls and Richardson spoke out against GB and refused to ride for them. The lad is right, the guys running it are doing a poor job, which just about everyone agrees with! You all slag off British speedway but then get your panties in a bundle if a rider dares to do the same. Grow up you dicks.

Did you see our fans at Manchester for the speedway World Cup and the reception Tai Woffinden got, did that look like the actions of fans that can't stand one of their own succeeding. Unfortunately you overlook the fact that just because people are successful it does not mean they are perfect and beyond any criticism . Unfortunately you live and die by your own actions / behaviour. If Tai Woffinden does not want to ride for Team GB at the world cup he should be MAN enough to tell those who support him the reasons why, not putting out childish cryptic tweets, which just muddy the waters. Time to be straight with us the fans or risk being a multiple British World Champion resented by British fans for the rest of your career. It doesn't have to be this way !

So Motorcycling Australia are skint- and Lemo had to put out an appeal for funds- I didn`t see Holder, Doyle slagging them off. Woffinden just cannot seem to accept the British authorities are in the same boat.

The BSPA are skint. They don't have a vessel to accumulate funds as they foolishly sold off their rights to the British GP and The SWC for '30 pieces of siver' to Tezza.

Edited by pugwash
  • Like 2

Taken from Tai's web site.

on his web site he says he's taking 1 year out due to issues behind the scene that he doesn't want to share in public, he wishes Team GB well and says he may be back in 2018 when he sees where we are. He also says he is proud to represent Gt Britain in the GP series and will not be looking to switch nationalities to ride for the Aussies. So in short thank you BSPA for alienating our best rider because of your snobbish attitude to Team GB.

• Like 4

Taken from Tai's web site.

on his web site he says he's taking 1 year out due to issues behind the scene that he doesn't want to share in public, he wishes Team GB well and says he may be back in 2018 when he sees where we are. He also says he is proud to represent Gt Britain in the GP series and will not be looking to switch nationalities to ride for the Aussies. So in short thank you BSPA for alienating our best rider because of your snobbish attitude to Team GB.

So what is behind the scenes at the BSPA? For crying out loud, it's a group of 30, middle aged business men who decide rules for the sport they fund.... It's not like the FBI or A multi departmentalised government, or huge quango..

It has to be down to funding, and the BSPA ain't got 2 pennies to rub together....

In my opinion.

So what is behind the scenes at the BSPA? For crying out loud, it's a group of 30, middle aged business men who decide rules for the sport they fund.... It's not like the FBI or A multi departmentalised government, or huge quango..

It has to be down to funding, and the BSPA ain't got 2 pennies to rub together....

In my opinion.

For example, the BPL abandoned new rear tyres for each league match down to the promotors being skint!!!!

Tai thinks there is money to put into TeamGB but I guess there are other uses for this money.

All the riders can see what Tai has done to help get where he is, if they think it will work for them they could emulate him, there is no mysterious secret is there?