Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

What a strange thing to say the other riders haven't quit because they have no world titles and are not world class.Maybe they take great pride in riding for their country.

• Like 2

Has Tai ever asked to run the sport? i think all he has ever wanted is to be listened to.That is not happening for me he is speaking on behalf of Ellis,Bates, ect) of this world he wants things to be better for the likes of them.Let's be honest we were a false second in the WTC Tai scored 19 of the total six of those in that crappy double point ride.Things are not rosy things need to change if you don't listen to the WC who do you listen to.?

You really talk crap sometimes Sidney. All points that the TeamGB scored in the World Cup were as per the rules. The rules are there for everyone, and were abided by. There is/was NO false points.

Your opinion only a poor one at that, you don't know the full facts yet you crucify Woffinden.Thinking about it in your post something struck a cord for me when you post it seems that it is all about YOU and me,me,me again.If i hazard a guess i bet the Poole management behind your back take the piss out of you rotten.

Sidney , shovlar the troll isnt worth wasting your breath on.

He lives in a blinkered Poole little bubble and if you disagree with his posts he cant actually debate.

I responded to his posts in the way he talks to others on here and he blocked me like a petulant child. Prime example of someone who loves to dish it out but cant take jack all back.

He doesnt like Tai as clearly as he has mentioned numerous times on various threads.

Therfore he will jump on any little thing he can.

Look at the Bates/Ellis debate!! Refuses to accept Bates has done better internationally this season! Blinkered blue tint troll whose own fans on here are showing their dislike for his posts

I don't normally agree with the tail wagging the dog but maybe this time we have a healthy forward looking vibrant tail and a dog nearly dead full of maggots

Edited by bruno

Very rarely post these days but what a sad state of affairs when a rider who while I believe has contributed significantly to British speedway but actually benefited hugely from the way British Speedway allowed him to develop yet again kicks his country in the teeth

Frankly I could not care less whether he agrees with whatever it is he is criticising the BSPA for in his cryptic tweet but the fact is that as Britains No 1 rider he should damn well make himself available to ride for his country. As for all this maybe in 2018, well for me once he is out he stays out, why should he dictate when he does and does not ride?

I said the same when Scot Nicholls threw his teddy out of the pram as well and was glad he was left out of this years WC

Time that egos were popped back in the box and riders got on with riding for the country who has supported them, Tai may moan about the BSPA but when he was young and riding in just about every league over here but with no speedway anywhere else in the world he was glad of Britain. Now he is a big fish he wants the sport to dance to his tune

Sorry but perspective WC or not he is not bigger than the sport

Very very sad for someone who has been treated very well by British Speedway over many year

Strongly worded when you don't know the reason/s. Tai funded his travel, mechanics and everything else to do with the SWC, if he wasn't committed why would he do this.

We all know the BSPA are a bunch of promoters whose sole agenda is to look after their own club, that's why we all spend all winter slagging them off. If they are skint then they should come out and say so and enlighten us all what they intend to do to fix it. They could also tell us why Tai has chosen to miss the 2017 season and what they intend to do to try to fix the problem.

• Like 3

In other words you are saying he is not a team player and its me me me. And then after that me again.

You have just confirmed what many of us on here (clearly not you) think. Woffinden is one selfish jumped up rider with no consideration to the fans that cheered for him in Manchester. I was one of them I even started a thread titled Well Done Tai when he gave his medal to a little girl.

How does he repay the fans that cheered him on? By cryptic twitter messages and saying he has quit.

Any respect lauded on him lies on the floor with empty air horns, emoty beer bottles and trodden on burgers.

Oh dear oh dear, not only do you often speak on Poole supporters behalves, you now put words into their mouths.

And how you've summed up what you have from what I posted is beyond me.

You are one strange individual.

I suppose this also includes his planned training schools?

BSPA already run training schools through Poultec.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

Tai's PR not doing a good job ? Just look how much Tai is being talked about, for good or for bad, for right or for wrong, he is being talked about. I got to know Gordon Ramsay very well & when he was not under the spotlight his PR would often through a spanner in the works just to get the media talking about Gordon. So just maybe Nigel Pearson is a bit smarter than some of you think!!!

I’m not having that at all. If the idea was to get people talking about him then this statement would have been held back until the winter surely? People were already talking about him, and talking about him in a positive fashion, praise for WC performance, praise for performance in GP, returning to race in Britain, this isn’t a lull period for him and thus the example you have used is a terrible one. In this instance the new “media frenzy” created is generally negative at a time when it didn’t need to be as people were already talking about him, for good, no smart media team turns that on it's head. If it was a smart move to further interest in him then now was the time to release a defining statement rather than a completely vanilla one.

The general PR of Woffinden isn’t that smart IMO - it is creating a vacuum for people to fill and for the most part a lot of the comments are negative, that opportunity could be squashed with clearer and more precise statements, the PR is going to lead to fans ostracising him if it continues as it is.

Edited by The Mockingjay
  • Like 1

Oh dear oh dear, not only do you often speak on Poole supporters behalves, you now put words into their mouths.

And how you've summed up what you have from what I posted is beyond me.

You are one strange individual.

Me strange? Jesus wept. Where on earth have I spoken on Poole supporters behalf? Where have I put words in their mouths? I think you need to learn to read my posts more carefully. You have also now been picked up by others on here for coming over as the Speedway forum police. People on here can say whatever thoughts they have on the matter whether you like it or not.

You are now jjust coming across as some sanctimonious bloke full of self importance, with lapdog Gavan probably agreeing with your every word.

Expected response for you. Deflect away from the issue we are talking about and attack the poster.

A guy i know was talking about you the other day. He said you know very little about the sport. Harsh but true.

All i know is that ie) i have stayed supporting the same team all my life have you?.And the two guys who i am really friendly with who are good speedway mates and historians the only ones i respect have never said that to me the rest to me don't matter you certainly dont.YOU attacked Woffinden in your post with not knowing the full facts as for you with your Blue tinted bias Poole head on as Gavan pointed out your speedway knowledge is limited.Stick to selling second hand chairs.😆 Edited by Sidney the robin

Im not having that at all. If the idea was to get people talking about him then this statement would have been held back until the winter surely? People were already talking about him, and talking about him in a positive fashion, praise for WC performance, praise for performance in GP, returning to race in Britain, this isnt a lull period for him and thus the example you have used is a terrible one. In this instance the new media frenzy created is generally negative at a time when it didnt need to be as people were already talking about him, for good, no smart media teams turns that on it's head. If it was a smart move to further interest in him then now was the time to release a defining statement rather than a completely vanilla one.

The general PR of Woffinden isnt that smart IMO - it is creating a vacuum for people to fill and for the most part a lot of the comments are negative, that opportunity could be squashed with clearer and more precise statements, the PR is going to lead to fans ostracising him if it continues as it is.

Excellent post. It seems he posted his twitter feed to gets reaction. Obviously he thought the speedway world sould join ranks behind him to tackle that beadtly BSPA. But it has had almost the complete opposite effect. Instead of gaining support, he failed to back up his tweet and now it has got to the point where only the die hard Woffinden fans are supporting him. An absolute travesty and there was absolutely no need for any of it.

A simple press release stating the reasons why he had quit would have quenched the fires before it ragged out of control would have sufficed. Instead, as others have said, it has left a void and people have now filled it with their own opinion. Why Woffinden brings negative feeling on himself only he can say.

So sad for it all to be like this but only petson to blame is Woffinden.

All i know is that ie) i have stayed supporting the same team all my life have you?.And the two guys who i am really friendly with who are good speedway mates and historians the only ones i respect have never said that to me the rest to me don't matter you certainly dont.YOU attacked Woffinden in your post with not knowing the full facts as for you with your Blue tinted bias Poole head on as Gavan pointed out your speedway knowledge is limited.Stick to selling second hand chairs.😆

Lol!! Orion picked you up on this. Making up stories slways bites you in the end.

If My speedway knowledge is so bad, then how come My team win or come second every year in the Poole speedway quiz, which covers everything speedway. Are you therefore saying if I have no knowledge of the sport, other Poole fans are even dumber than me?

What this has to do with Woffinden I don't know. Perhaps you are just trying to deflect. Orion was spot on about you.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Excellent post. It seems he posted his twitter fedd to gets reaction. Obviously he thought the speedway world sould join ranks behind him to tackle that beadtly BSPA. But it has had almostthe complete opposite effect. Instead of gaining support, he failed to back up his tweet and now it has got to the point where only the die hard Woffinden fans are supporting him. An absolute travesty and there was absolutely no need for any of it.

A simple press release stating the reasons why he had quit would have quenched the fires before it ragged out of control would have sufficed. Instead, as others have said, it has left a void and people have now filled it with their own opinion. Why Woffinden brings negative feeling on himself only he can say.

Are you that deluded not to know that most of the speedway world are totally disillusioned with how the sport is being run in this country.Did it take Tai saying something to make you realise that? you odviously support them i dont and would take Woffinden's word all day long over them.Ever since John Berry was not supported to be a supremo i wonder why? the running of speedway in this country has been a complete shambles. No vision no direction all in for self interest only.

BSPA already run training schools through Poultec.

Yes, I know. But Tai did say he would be running some training schools, didn't he...

Excellent post. It seems he posted his twitter feed to gets reaction. Obviously he thought the speedway world sould join ranks behind him to tackle that beadtly BSPA. But it has had almost the complete opposite effect. Instead of gaining support, he failed to back up his tweet and now it has got to the point where only the die hard Woffinden fans are supporting him. An absolute travesty and there was absolutely no need for any of it.

Lol!! Orion picked you up on this. Making up stories slways bites you in the end.

If My speedway knowledge is so bad, then how come My team win or come second every year in the Poole speedway quiz, which covers everything speedway. Are you therefore saying if I have no knowledge of the sport, other Poole fans are even dumber than me?

What this has to do with Woffinden I don't know. Perhaps you are just trying to deflect. Orion was spot on about you.

I don't know Orion from Adam thankfully,and his speedway knowledge is even lower than yours.

Well done mate god you must be sad speedway is not all about POOLE that is your biggest weakness. Edited by Sidney the robin

Are you that deluded not to know that most of the speedway world are totally disillusioned with how the sport is being run in this country.Did it take Tai saying something to make you realise that? you odviously support them i dont and would take Woffinden's word all day long over them.Ever since John Berry was not supported to be a supremo i wonder why? the running of speedway in this country has been a complete shambles. No vision no direction all in for self interest only.

So what are the bspa meant to do? Woffinden might be full of wonderful ideas (we don't know because he won't tell us) but they might come at a prohibitive cost to the bspa, who it doesn't take a genius to work out are not exactly flush in the pocket these days.

Can you explain to me with your allegedly far better speedway intellect where the money is going to come from?

• Like 1