British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Does that include putting sentences together!!

He has hired Sidney to help with that.

Comments from Rosco in the Swindon Advertiser:-

“I am disappointed but I have to respect his decision. I just hope he goes on and wins the world championship now and I’ll be wishing him all the very best of luck with that.

It is what it is, you can’t force anyone to do anything. It’s a shame but I can’t get down on my hands and knees and beg, he’s made up his mind.

It’s nothing to do with the BSPA, it’s Tai’s decision. He just rang me up and said he didn’t want to ride for the Great Britain team next year and that was that.”

I think there is a lot confusion going on here.

Tai is the reigning World Champion and remains a devote Brit. In terms of the current (and future) individual World Championships, he is a national hero of the highest order. We take pride in his achievements and support him with our best endeavours.

Then we look to the World Cup. Tai did not come 2nd this year anymore than Danny King or any others in our team. As I used to say to my driver when I was a sidecar passenger, "We win or lose together". Team GB came 2nd this year and we applaud every member of that team, including Adam Ellis who did not ride. This was historic in every sense. Every year posts a new result in the records books and any rider should be proud to contribute to our national placing in the outcome. Take a moment to reflect on some those sporting stories we see every day on our TVs just now. I quote, "I've worked more than 4 years for this, and 7th place, I'm proud of that".

Moan about the sport's management, complain about the lack of investment in the development of riders for the future, get cross about the lack of vision, but never forget, when it comes to the team event, it is the team score that counts. And when you wave your Union Flag, it's for the team you cheer.

• Like 1

I think there is a lot confusion going on here.

Team GB came 2nd this year and we applaud every member of that team, including Adam Ellis who did not ride.

You missed out the joker

Comments from Rosco in the Swindon Advertiser:-

“I am disappointed but I have to respect his decision. I just hope he goes on and wins the world championship now and I’ll be wishing him all the very best of luck with that.

It is what it is, you can’t force anyone to do anything. It’s a shame but I can’t get down on my hands and knees and beg, he’s made up his mind.

It’s nothing to do with the BSPA, it’s Tai’s decision. He just rang me up and said he didn’t want to ride for the Great Britain team next year and that was that.”

he isnt going to say its the BSPA's fault is he.. let be honest here

i think we can all be clear..

if something is on Tai's mind he will just come out with it yes he hasnt given us all the details but i think the comments "i have had enough of being taken for a mug or being mugged off" and "i wish i could buy the BSPA and run it like i run my business"

pretty much tells you where the blame lies.. but the BSPA wont tell you yes we didnt want to go with any of his plans because it will cost money etc.. or whatever the BSPA told Tai..

What we can be sure of is that this has to do with what Tai wants for the good of British speedway and what he has learnt and improved in himself while riding away from this country and in the GP series.

if its bike prep... training... etc etc... all to help the younger riders come through and be the best they can be with the guidance of a two time world champion who wants what is best for british speedway.

you know what he does throw his toys out but that just shows how passionate he is about getting what he thinks is the best for the growth of british speedway and the long term future of us climbing up the SWC ladder and the futures of the next generation of british rider.

It's no less credible than anything Tai has said and at least we can understand what he is saying. It's a gracious, response wishing Tai well but making clear he is not going to beg, which has to be right. It would seem that Tai didn't give Rosco any explanation so it seems everyone is in the dark about his specific reasons.

Do we know what this successful business is that Tai has created?

What gives you the right to take the piss out of me Addio? who the fuc. are you a total nobody in my book another prize c... of the forum.

Showing your true colours there.

On topic, As I said yesterday, this has nothing to do with the bspa so they won't be involved. Doesn't take a genius to see what's going on here.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

i think we can all be clear..

if something is on Tai's mind he will just come out with it yes he hasnt given us all the details but i think the comments "i have had enough of being taken for a mug or being mugged off" and "i wish i could buy the BSPA and run it like i run my business"

Surely if he is the kind of persons who will say something that is on his mind he would say it was the fault of the BSPA if that was the thing that was on his mind?

It is all well and good to simply fob of he hasn’t given detail, but in most instance the detail is massively important, if you leave it to people to decipher tweets and thoughts they will generally loose interest.

• Like 1

I kind of guess.. the full rant wont come out yet because he has to ride over here for the rest of the season and he wont want any grief.. cant take back a tweet..

look.. whatever has gone on we know its between him and the BSPA I am pretty sure it will come out in the end and us all drawing conclusions from cryptic tweets is stupid..

we cant cure anything we can get the BSPA to do anything and we cant get Tai to do anything...

we need to go with the flow and see what pans out really..

Edited by Dazzafl

Errrr no we do not KNOW it's between him and the BSPA because he hasn't said it is.

You, I and everyone else can assume that to be the case but we cannot know. Oh heck I'm begining to sound like someone else now :nono:

Incidentally is media training part of his great plan do you think, cos he really should be first in line for the lessons if it is :P:wink::D

• Like 1

I kind of guess.. the full rant wont come out yet because he has to ride over here for the rest of the season and he wont want any grief.. cant take back a tweet..

look.. whatever has gone on we know its between him and the BSPA I am pretty sure it will come out in the end and us all drawing conclusions from cryptic tweets is stupid..

we cant cure anything we can get the BSPA to do anything and we cant get Tai to do anything...

we need to go with the flow and see what pans out really..

So he is outspoken and isn’t that bothered about the BSPA, but not to the point that he would be outspoken enough to speak out against them while racing in Britain? That’s not outspoken then, that’s selective choice of being outspoken on subjects that suit.

If the stance is that what has gone on is between him and the BSPA, that’s totally fine, but surely then keep it that way? Instead it is sort of throwing the BSPA under the bus, but not really, and neither to the point the BSPA can reply nor to the point the comments are said with the courage of conviction for people they are being said to (his fans) to get behind, instead I assume most are just left wondering why he is leaving Team GB in the lurch.

For what it is worth I think it is absurdly unfair on Woffinden that people attempt to speak on his behalf (I don’t just mean you) it doesn’t do him the favours people often think it does, instead, rightly or wrongly, adds further noise to a lot of what is said – which is all that this situation has done IMO.

His latest "toys out the pram" is all to do with expenses from the world cup;)

He wanted X amount

BSPA said "NO" we will only give you this amount.

Tais said sod you. I'm off for a year.

That's the straw that broke the camels back. This just adds to his frustration with the BSPA overall

I'm not tais biggest fan. But there is no denying that he is world class and Britain's greatest ever rider in the making.

Will we win the SWC without him - NO CHANCE

will we win the SWC with him - NO but he will help us achieve a medal in the mean time.

Therefore the BSPA need to listen to him because whatever he's done it's worked but also tai needs to understand the BSPA and British speedway is not like Poland or the PZM. There budget is unlimited. Ours isn't.

We will just have to work that little harder to achieve our goals. And if/when we do the win will be even sweeter.

Edited by Phil The Ace

He wanted X amount

That's the straw that broke the camels back. This just adds to his frustration with the BSPA overall

Reply deleted as Phil The Ace extended/edited his post with additional info. :D

Edited by chris4gillian

He wanted X amount

I'm not tais biggest fan. But there is no denying that he is world class and Britain's greatest ever rider in the making.

Will we win the SWC without him - NO CHANCE

will we win the SWC with him - NO but he will help us achieve a medal in the mean time.

Therefore the BSPA need to listen to him because whatever he's done it's worked but also tai needs to understand the BSPA and British speedway is not like Poland or the PZM. There budget is unlimited. Ours isn't.

We will just have to work that little harder to achieve our goals. And if/when we do the win will be even sweeter.

is that 100% confirmed.. as true.. can you supply proof of it.. ?

is that 100% confirmed.. as true.. can you supply proof of it.. ?

Obviously have no proof but I trust the person that told me. Upto you Whether you belive it or not. You don't have to.