British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Obviously have no proof but I trust the person that told me. Upto you Whether you belive it or not. You don't have to.

you see i have heard different to that.. and i trust the person who told me as well..

becuase i know he didnt claim any expenses for his team he paid for it all out of his own pocket.

so different its interesting..

obviously i cannot provide proof either..

you see i have heard different to that.. and i trust the person who told me as well..

becuase i know he didnt claim any expenses for his team he paid for it all out of his own pocket.

so different its interesting..

obviously i cannot provide proof either..

Yes originally I heard he paid his own. He said it himself.

No one will ever know the truth. Unless one of the bspa or tai reveal it themselves

He didn't claim for any expenses??!! But was having a whinge after practice on the Saturday about who was paying for the mechanics food and drink rosco had ordered in!!!! 😳

He didn't claim for any expenses??!!

didn't claim for any flights/travel/fuel or accomodation costs for his team to be there... you would think food and drink would be sorted by the team at least.. i would think so anyway

Edited by Dazzafl

Phil the Ace has 100 % record of being wrong every time .. I hear it's about the pizza Rosco ordered .

Phil the Ace has 100 % record of being wrong every time .. I hear it's about the pizza Rosco ordered .

Or the 2 pizza Rosco ordered.
  • Like 1

.......orion............I hear it's about the pizza Rosco ordered .

Wrong topping?

• Like 1

No garlic bread or wedges.

Would be no surprise if it's down to finance. Unfortunately, it is understandable that the BSPA, which is made up of promoters and promotions who are not exactly awash with money, want to keep a tight hold on the purse strings. I guess their logic is that they don't actually gain too much from a successful GB team. Whole episode begs a few questions?

Is the World Cup a viable entity? Is money being made? And if so who gets it?

Edited by salty

didn't claim for any flights/travel/fuel or accomodation costs for his team to be there... you would think food and drink would be sorted by the team at least.. i would think so anyway

Surely, he wouldn't be allowed to claim expenses travelwise, except from his UK home address to Belle Vue and back home.... So around 160 miles @ 48p tops.. Surely he wasn't expecting travel costs from Poland or where ever else he rides in Europe....

Edited by Shale Searcher
  • Like 3

All this over pizza? Brilliant. Clubs don't pay mechanics expenses so why should GB? Mechanics are employed by the rider.

• Like 2

The mechanics had pizza. Nor riders wasn't it

Haha whooooooosh

Surely, he wouldn't be allowed to claim expenses travelwise, except from his UK home address to Belle Vue and back home.... So around 160 miles @ 48p tops.. Surely he wasn't expecting travel costs from Poland or where ever else he rides in Europe....

he didnt expect anything he was paying it out of his own pocket.. travel in any of the 3 leagues is from where you are to where you need to go thats as it is.. its a standard thing

All this over pizza? Brilliant. Clubs don't pay mechanics expenses so why should GB? Mechanics are employed by the rider.

he wasnt claiming for his mechanics.. as said he was paying all expenses..

wow this has turned into pizza.. i am out of here..

Edited by Dazzafl
  • Like 1

he didnt expect anything he was paying it out of his own pocket.. travel in any of the 3 leagues is from where you are to where you need to go thats as it is.. its a standard thing..

Really,always used to be that riders were paid expenses from either their home or home track to the track they were racing on.

Really,always used to be that riders were paid expenses from either their home or home track to the track they were racing on.

come on star lady... please dont tell me common sense has gone..

generally yes you are right when riders ride in this country only and go between tracks in this country of course.. but we all know where Tai rides dont we..

only fair to assume when asked to ride for the Gb team you wont be left out of pocket while riding for the country so transporting his bikes to the uk has to be in the deal.. although he said he wont claim for it

• Like 1

come on star lady... please dont tell me common sense has gone..

generally yes you are right when riders ride in this country only and go between tracks in this country of course.. but we all know where Tai rides dont we..

only fair to assume when asked to ride for the Gb team you wont be left out of pocket while riding for the country so transporting his bikes to the uk has to be in the deal.. although he said he wont claim for it

Common sense says a British rider riding for a British team in Britain would get expenses in Britain only.

I fail to see why the British authorities should pay any expenses other than that.

It's Woffindens choice to ride abroad so the consequences are down to him alone,

• Like 3