British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

It would seem something has not gone his way again, so its toys out of pram time!!

• Like 6

Toys out of his pram again.

At least he can try and make use of his Australian flag tattooed to his back now and try and ride for team aus

• Like 5

Let's hope it is a temporary thing like it seems Messi's decision might be.Future doesn't look bright without him

• Like 2

Sounds like the actions of a spoiled child who can't get his own way........don't let the door smack your arse on the way out

• Like 7

Why has Tai done this now?

There is still a high after our result only a few weeks ago, its good publicity wise for a few clubs and british speedway in general, riders such as Danny King are still on a buzz from it.. And now it'll be back to square one again.

Surely he could of waited, atleast till the end of the season before put a tweet out about his unhappiness? No explaination, just a throw in of the towel and a half hearted all the best wish to Team GB.

I love the guy, but his PR needs working on....

Very unprofessional tweet. A proper statement would have been a lot better.

Sounds very childish

That said he had already turned his back on the British final so can't say I'm that surprised that hes turned his back on the team GB as well.

The large Aussie Tattoo on his back says it all.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 3

Well at least we will have a GB team that are true to there roots - woffy opted out of the Pre season practice in Croatia he opted out of the British Final and opted out of a pre World Cup practice on the Monday so not very committed anyway to GB

• Like 1

I can only laugh at the same old haters on here who wouldn't hear a word said against Scott Nicholls refusing to ride for GB for years.....

When has he ever thrown his toys out the pram? And I'm not being all defensive I just dont member his ever throwing a tempter tantrum before. Seems like a pretty chilled out fella.

Exactly!

• Like 7

I can only laugh at the same old haters on here who wouldn't hear a word said against Scott Nicholls refusing to ride for GB for years.....

Exactly!

I'd not have used Lambert in the World Cup either once he missed the Monday practice the World Cup is one meeting once a year and if riders can't give 100% for the World Cup week they should be dropped.

I'd not have used Lambert in the World Cup either once he missed the Monday practice the World Cup is one meeting once a year and if riders can't give 100% for the World Cup week they should be dropped.

There wasn't a Monday practice.

A practice is an official session organised in advance.

• Like 3

Exactly!

Nearly as humourous as the posters calling anyone without a brown nose, haters :) Edited by Star Lady

Nearly as humourous as the posters calling anyone without a brown nose, haters :)

No, it doesn't require a brown nose, it requires objectivity.

An objective person would not even jump to a conclusion at the moment, all we know is something has happened to cause Tai to quit GB. In time we may get to know more, then we can objectively decide whether he is right or wrong.

Sounds like the actions of a spoiled child who can't get his own way........don't let the door smack your arse on the way out

To clarify, these are the words of a closed minded hater.

You don't know the situation, you don't know what has happened or caused him to 'quit', yet you instantly jump to this conclusion.

• Like 8

No more WTC Finals for GB for a few years, that's a dead cert..

Why? Has the Joker quit as well?

• Like 3

I haven't jumped to any conclusions. The tweet attributed to Tai on this thread sounds like a spoiled child.

If he follows it up with a coherent press release I will re-evaluate and probably conclude he needs to have a PR person advise him at all times

• Like 2