British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Without going too much off topic, I don't think the clique was the problem, it was KPs failure to be part of a team that was his problem. I don't think it is any coincidence that he fell out with every team that he was part of. Even in the early days the Notts boys got so fed up with him I think they emptied his stuff off the balcony at Trent Bridge in the end. Then there was textgate, I don't think it was an accident that the fact he was texting South Africa got leaked. KP is the original bertie big bollocks, and when you are hitting test century after century you get away with it, but when you are getting out on stupid big shots for 20 or 30 then the team will soon turn on you.

As for Tai, I think he is a fantastic and amazing rider, but I lost so much respect for him with that deliberate swearing during the SWC. Then this issue he is again acting unprofessional, and mouthing off without giving any facts of 'why' he is mouthing off. The trouble is that his fanboys lap that stuff up and assume the BSPA are wrong.

I don't mind going off topic haha. I would have been pretty negative about Pietersen and only picked the book up when I saw it in the library. Still no great fan but at least it was good to see his side of the story. I'm mates with a guy who knows Ian Bell quite well and he said to me at the time that the atmosphere in and around the team was poisonous and it certainly wasn't all KP's fault and that Bell got on well with him. His explanation of the texting rings true and it was certainly dealt with differently than the Twitter account run by Broad's mate that ripped the urine out of KP. As usual I don't think things are as black and white as we are often led to believe.

As for Tai, again it would be nice to know the full story behind the "retirement" from GB duty.

wont be crying over him and our "scoop" is ever so quiet on bspa wesite about this ,seems like only yesterday when he rode as a guest for the comets and had a couple of engine failures and a good supporter went round the first 2 corners with his hat for a collection for him,wouldnt do the p*** on him if on fire now just taking us for mugs .

Good riddance to him. His heart has never really been in representing the UK from the start.

I used to like him when he was a kid but he has become a jumped up self important *anchor now. I don't watch the GP now as I simply won't pay the extra subscription but It does please me to see Hancock doing well. A genuine guy who always has time for his fans and his country.

Just out of interest are Monster Energy sponsoring the SWC next year? If not it may have something to do with his decision.

Was His heart in it when He scored 19 points in the World Cup final while our other riders were Garbage?..

Well it is part of his job. :o:unsure::blink:

You are obviously not reading my post in the context that I meant,never mind though.

Was His heart in it when He scored 19 points in the World Cup final while our other riders were Garbage?..

It must be pretty disheartening.

Without going too much off topic, I don't think the clique was the problem, it was KPs failure to be part of a team that was his problem. I don't think it is any coincidence that he fell out with every team that he was part of. Even in the early days the Notts boys got so fed up with him I think they emptied his stuff off the balcony at Trent Bridge in the end. Then there was textgate, I don't think it was an accident that the fact he was texting South Africa got leaked. KP is the original bertie big bollocks, and when you are hitting test century after century you get away with it, but when you are getting out on stupid big shots for 20 or 30 then the team will soon turn on you.

As for Tai, I think he is a fantastic and amazing rider, but I lost so much respect for him with that deliberate swearing during the SWC. Then this issue he is again acting unprofessional, and mouthing off without giving any facts of 'why' he is mouthing off. The trouble is that his fanboys lap that stuff up and assume the BSPA are wrong.

Agree totally with your post. Pietersen fell out with people at every club he played for, but if you listen to him everyone else is at fault its never him.

Graham Norton got it right when he said "after reading your book have you ever thought maybe team sports are not for you"

As for Tai its easy and convenient to walk away without giving a full explanation,particularly to the fans that support you.

Whats the betting if the World Cup is in Manchester again in 2018 he comes crawling back at his own convenience . Sorry If he turns it down in 2017 then we move on regardless without him.

His fanboys as you describe them don't think Tai Woffinden divides opinion. I beg to differ.

Edited by New Science

Good riddance to him. His heart has never really been in representing the UK from the start.

I used to like him when he was a kid but he has become a jumped up self important *anchor now. I don't watch the GP now as I simply won't pay the extra subscription but It does please me to see Hancock doing well. A genuine guy who always has time for his fans and his country.

Just out of interest are Monster Energy sponsoring the SWC next year? If not it may have something to do with his decision.

You mean Greg Hancock who turned his back on his country no more two weeks ago 😂😂

• Like 5

He scored 19 points in the World Cup final

He didn't score 19 - he scored 16 and Joker scored 3

I'm mates with a guy who knows Ian Bell quite well and he said to me at the time that the atmosphere in and around the team was poisonous and it certainly wasn't all KP's fault and that Bell got on well with him.

Belly signed to the agency run by Pietersen

Seems on Twitter Tai has announced he is quitting Team GB shame but i wonder what has gone on here. Terrible statement though it just looks petty but im sure theres good reason behind it

"Team GB is the brand name used since 1999 by the British Olympic Association (BOA) for their Great Britain and Northern Ireland Olympic team.

The brand is now the trademark of the BOA.

As speedway is not an Olympic sport (unlike beach volleyball), surely using the term Team GB in this instance is incorrect but also a breach of the BOA's trademark?

I'm not sure that we feel the need to have a Team Sweden or a Team Australia or a Team anything else for that matter.

Perhaps it is some kind of a Farcebook thing and is designed to appeal to Yoof Culture and clearly, if that is the case, then it would totally pass me by.

Good luck to Great Britain's speedway team whoever might or might not be included.

Just my opinion, obviously :t:

A post from Robert Lambert on FB with an accompanying video showing how much athletes from various countries recieve for a gold medal with the punch line being GB athletes get zilch.......

This made me laugh because when you watch the vid it just remind me of the speedway World Cup. Good old GB

Then we have the news that half the field in the GPs are saying unless the money is upped they won't sign on for next seasons GP series.......all about the money,money,money

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

Then we have the news that half the field in the GPs are saying unless the money is upped they won't sign on for next seasons GP series.......all about the money,money,money

where is that news ?

A successful UK athlete doesnt do too bad..... just look at the sponsorship for the successful ones....... true that on the way up it can be a struggle, but thats the same in any sport, but more is being poured into the Olympic sports probably then ever before.

Perhaps England football team should have bigger incentive money wise then they might do better in the world cup etc (that was tongue in cheek)

• Like 2

where is that news ?

In the SGP section of this forum,where you would expect ;)

A successful UK athlete doesnt do too bad..... just look at the sponsorship for the successful ones....... true that on the way up it can be a struggle, but thats the same in any sport, but more is being poured into the Olympic sports probably then ever before.

Perhaps England football team should have bigger incentive money wise then they might do better in the world cup etc (that was tongue in cheek)

Thats the problem.Pay them a few grand a week but a good win bonus and you'd soon see them up the ante.They get paid so much that winning seems to be secondary.

To be honest, Andreas Jonsson, Freddie Lindgren and Antonio Lindbäck all have quitted the Swedish national team at least once each.

• Like 2