British Speedway Forum
phillipsr

Tai Quits Team Gb

Agree totally with your post. Pietersen fell out with people at every club he played for, but if you listen to him everyone else is at fault its never him.

Could also be that the average cricketer isn't very bright and are hostile to anyone who's different. Plenty of players from the 2005 Ashes team spoke in his defence, including Vaughan.

Some of things he related in his book, were if true, shocking man management on the part of the England establishment. And of course Flower was eventually quietly pensioned off, whilst Moores was sacked twice so there were obviously issues that went beyond Pietersen.

Incidentally, Moores was also treated disgracefully twice, whether or not he was right for the job. And each time Strauss was somehow associated with it in the background.

More to it all than meets the eye I think.

Plenty of players from the 2005 Ashes team spoke in his defence, including Vaughan.

Also part of a clique with Pietersen, Warne and that vile man Piers Moron.

• Like 1

Strauss, is the old public school boy, who always has a stuppid sickly grin plastered all over his face, he had a few good games and an awful load of bad ones. The only way that he has got where he is now is through the people he knows at the top, not what he did by merit, He was hopeless as England captain.

Without Tai we may not do as well in the SWC next year or for a couple or so years after, but with the lads coming through and I hope with the backing, if it is there for them we will have a team that go go out there to make a name for British speedway again.

I hope that when they do, that it will be under the name of Great britain and not the silly stuppid tearm the now use for them team GB. I fail to see why they use it. Never saw a team Rus, or team Swe, so lets get it back to what it used to be.

Thats the problem.Pay them a few grand a week but a good win bonus and you'd soon see them up the ante.They get paid so much that winning seems to be secondary.

England footballers play for England for nothing!!!!!!They donate their match fees to charity..have done for years.

• Like 3

Strauss, is the old public school boy, who always has a stuppid sickly grin plastered all over his face, he had a few good games and an awful load of bad ones. The only way that he has got where he is now is through the people he knows at the top, not what he did by merit, He was hopeless as England captain.

Without Tai we may not do as well in the SWC next year or for a couple or so years after, but with the lads coming through and I hope with the backing, if it is there for them we will have a team that go go out there to make a name for British speedway again.

I hope that when they do, that it will be under the name of Great britain and not the silly stuppid tearm the now use for them team GB. I fail to see why they use it. Never saw a team Rus, or team Swe, so lets get it back to what it used to be.

Andrew Strauss hopeless as England captain. ? You must have a short memory ! 2nd on the list of captains, in all time wins for England and one of only 3 England captains to win Ashes series in both England and Australia. Hopeless , Really ?

Edited by New Science
  • Like 2

Could also be that the average cricketer isn't very bright and are hostile to anyone who's different. Plenty of players from the 2005 Ashes team spoke in his defence, including Vaughan.

Some of things he related in his book, were if true, shocking man management on the part of the England establishment. And of course Flower was eventually quietly pensioned off, whilst Moores was sacked twice so there were obviously issues that went beyond Pietersen.

Incidentally, Moores was also treated disgracefully twice, whether or not he was right for the job. And each time Strauss was somehow associated with it in the background.

More to it all than meets the eye I think.

The episode where Pietersen had to go to a hotel and meet each of the squad one by one and beg forgiveness so he could be "re-integrated" prior to the India tour was bizarre. You suspect that they expected him to refuse to take part in such an exercise so that he could have been not "reintegrated "

Without going too much off topic, I don't think the clique was the problem, it was KPs failure to be part of a team that was his problem. I don't think it is any coincidence that he fell out with every team that he was part of. Even in the early days the Notts boys got so fed up with him I think they emptied his stuff off the balcony at Trent Bridge in the end.

Never mind Notts, it wasn't plain sailing at club level with Cannock either!

Never mind Notts, it wasn't plain sailing at club level with Cannock either!

Go on then, spill!

Andrew Strauss hopeless as England captain. ? You must have a short memory ! 2nd on the list of captains, in all time wins for England and one of only 3 England captains to win Ashes series in both England and Australia. Hopeless , Really ?

............... and Strauss also took us to Number One Team in the World.

Straussy did very well, in my opinion.

............... and Strauss also took us to Number One Team in the World.

Straussy did very well, in my opinion.

He also had very good players in the side as well.

It's very difficult for outsiders to really gauge the ability of a cricket captain, but someone like Vaughan led a good but inferior side to victory over what had been an almost invincible Australian team. Strauss won the Ashes away, but it was a poor Australian side by comparison, and it's subsequently come out there was conflict between different factions in the England camp. I'm not sure that's the sign of a great captain.

• Like 1

He also had very good players in the side as well.

It's very difficult for outsiders to really gauge the ability of a cricket captain, but someone like Vaughan led a good but inferior side to victory over what had been an almost invincible Australian team. Strauss won the Ashes away, but it was a poor Australian side by comparison, and it's subsequently come out there was conflict between different factions in the England camp. I'm not sure that's the sign of a great captain.

Not a great Captain but certainly a relatively successful Captain.

All of your above points are valid.

What gets my goat is if you dont agree with Woffinden you are not a true fan. True fans will agree with him.

What a load of tosh.

He is just being patronising. Tbh when he posts stuff on social media I tend to roll my eyes.

He got us to number one in the world ....not sure the people he knew scored all thou's runs for him ...did they hold his bat while he scored the 21 centuries ?

Edited by orion
  • Like 3

Stop telling me what I can and can't do for gods sake man! Who the hell do you think you are on here?

You are NOT as far as I am aware the speedway Forum police. So stop telling me what I can or cannot post.

Can you understand that? I will post exact what I like, as long as it is within the forum rules, whether you like it or not.

Your opinion means nothing to me. Others have already picked you up for exactly the same bullying manner.

Chris4gillian and Gavan gave surpassed anything Starman has done, it's brilliant!!! Lmao.

Their love in for Tai makes me feel sick, Tai has shown his true colours, so see ya Tai don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! :D :D 🙌🙌

Never thought of Orion as a prat but I do now! I live in a small village just outside Chelmsford in Essex if you must know. Used to go Rye House on Sunday's, Hackney on Fridays and Ipswich on Thursdays. Basically through the late 80's and 90's we went wherever Mark Loram rode until he went to Exeter! So o must be chris4gillian! What a spanner!

Do you know how to post without using insults??

Chris4gillian and Gavan gave surpassed anything Starman has done, it's brilliant!!! Lmao.

Their love in for Tai makes me feel sick, Tai has shown his true colours, so see ya Tai don't let the door hit your ass on the way out! :D :D

Yeah! thats right...our best rider in decades and You sad trolls can't see it...If You and the Sh1te BSPA listened to Him then British Speedway might have a bright future But no..keep on Trolling..He has forward thinking ideas, like the Poles had..it took time...But in this Country it won't happen..Turn Your angst on the authorities not Tai!......

• Like 1