Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Is Tai Woffinden Paving The Way To Debut For Australia In 2017 Swc?

Just a thought, it's oh so very soon after this years SWC and getting Team GB A Silver Medal?

Perhaps the switch of allegiance has been in the pipeline for A while..?

Discuss....

“I can also confirm I won’t be looking to switch nationalities and ride for Australia, that’s not part of my thinking"

Emmmm yes?

• Like 1

I can also confirm I wont be looking to switch nationalities and ride for Australia, thats not part of my thinking"

Emmmm yes?

Firstly, I started this thread before seeing that statement..

Secondly, how many times do people/organisations say one thing, and then do exactly the opposite!!!

This clearly won't be answered until nearer the 2017 SWC!!

I may have a small wager that he lines up for "Team Australia" in 2017

• Like 1

I'm having great difficulty understanding what has happened. Any normal rider would jump at the chance to represent their country at any level. More so, if you are the King-Pin and adored buy all the fans. Tai is the same to GB,as Hancock is to the USA. and the country desperately needs you onboard. Now we get a statement saying he's leaving and not riding next year, but also not burning bridges for the future, by saying he hasn't made his mind up whether to ride or not....

This is not the attitude of an World Champion, or an ambassador of our sport, or that of a respectable countryman, more of a selfish individual throwing his toys out of the pram... Either you act like the GB captain we all thought you were.............. or clear off for good..... you can't have it both way.....

• Like 5

Plenty of people on here have been complaining that Tai Woffinden isn't a proper Brit, disrespects the national anthem, and so forth... Why are they then complaining about him withdrawing from the British team, or indeed the possibility of him riding for Australia instead?

Didn't think he had an Australian passport anyway, so whilst he could ride individually on an Australian licence, he couldn't ride for Australian in the SWC.

Just a thought, it's oh so very soon after this years SWC and getting Team GB A Silver Medal?

Perhaps the switch of allegiance has been in the pipeline for A while..?

Discuss....

Rubbish until proved otherwise.

• Like 1

Tai says he`ll continue to ride for GB in the GPs what other option has he got. He`s probably looked into changing nationality and drawn a blank.

Tai says he`ll continue to ride for GB in the GPs what other option has he got. He`s probably looked into changing nationality and drawn a blank.

He could ride for almost anyone in the GPs.That isn't down to nationality.Just like Simon Wigg rode for the Netherlands without being Dutch and Laguta rode for Latvia whilt still being Russian.It is different in team events though

Edited by iris123
  • Like 1

He could ride for almost anyone in the GPs.That isn't down to nationality.Just like Simon Wigg rode for the Netherlands without being Dutch and Laguta rode for Latvia whilt still being Russian.It is different in team events though

Any FMN thats a member of FIM. Timo Lahti the latest proof, that I know of.

Rubbish again.

Read his comments after the SWC. He is British and very proud to be British. I cannot believe this subject keeps rearing its head. Some people won't accept what he says as the truth. If he wanted to ride for Australia he could have done it long before now.

• Like 3

Rubbish again.

Read his comments after the SWC. He is British and very proud to be British. I cannot believe this subject keeps rearing its head. Some people won't accept what he says as the truth.

If he wanted to ride for Australia he could have done it long before now.

You clearly didn't understand a word of what iris wrote. If a rider wants to be Swedish in the SGP all the rider need is a Swedish license,

while if the same rider wants to represent Sweden in SWC, he/she have to have to be a Swedish citizen with a Swedish passport.

Iris' post has nothing to do with whether Tai feels/is British or Australian.

• Like 2

You clearly didn't understand a word of what iris wrote. If a rider wants to be Swedish in the SGP all the rider need is a Swedish license,

while if the same rider wants to represent Sweden in SWC, he/she have to have to be a Swedish citizen with a Swedish passport.

Iris' post has nothing to do with whether Tai feels/is British or Australian.

I was talking in general not to the poster so I see your point. My post should have gone to the person who started the thread. But the message remains.

Kylmaloorpi was riding with a Swedish flag in the GP qualifier at Kings Lynn