British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Is Tai Woffinden Paving The Way To Debut For Australia In 2017 Swc?

Guest GiveusaB

Plenty of people at the SWC did though.

Yes, I was disappointed that Hancock didnt ride.......but I was there to see GB win and thats all that mattered as far as I was concerned!

Besides, Hancocks reasons for not riding are/were, totally different toTai's !!!

Now there's another debate .....

Getting back to the thread? I dont think that Tai would switch allegancies to OZ and I really hope he changes his mind about Team GB !

Alun Rossiter stated in this weeks Speedway Star that the behind the scenes issues with Tai not riding for Team GB is nothing to do with the BSPA

Plenty of people at the SWC did though.

Greg wanted to make sure the USA made it through to the race-off, so that they didn't have to go through the qualifiers next year.

Once that was achieved he gave up his place to a youngster to gain international experience,which as Lance King said is "typical of Greg."

Ryan Fisher is based in Britain and Billy Janniro probably wanted to catch up with people he hadn't seen for years in England, so they weren't going to give up their places in the team.

Greg's 46 and probably wanted to spend time with his family. He rode over here for about twenty years and doesn't owe Britain anything in my opinion.

I'll certainly be cheering him on to (hopefully) his fourth world title.

Greg wanted to make sure the USA made it through to the race-off, so that they didn't have to go through the qualifiers next year.

Once that was achieved he gave up his place to a youngster to gain international experience,which as Lance King said is "typical of Greg."

Ryan Fisher is based in Britain and Billy Janniro probably wanted to catch up with people he hadn't seen for years in England, so they weren't going to give up their places in the team.

Greg's 46 and probably wanted to spend time with his family. He rode over here for about twenty years and doesn't owe Britain anything in my opinion.

I'll certainly be cheering him on to (hopefully) his fourth world title.

Do you really go for all that bullrubbish. As Lance has said 'typical of Greg', and I agree. Typical of Greg wanting appear to be real deal and thinking of others, when his best plan should have been to travel to the next round at BV to encourage and advise said youngster and others to pass on his experience. Don't be fooled by the Grin.

• Like 9

Do you really go for all that bullrubbish. As Lance has said 'typical of Greg', and I agree. Typical of Greg wanting appear to be real deal and thinking of others, when his best plan should have been to travel to the next round at BV to encourage and advise said youngster and others to pass on his experience. Don't be fooled by the Grin.

For the boys if not AMA ....
  • Like 1

Alun Rossiter stated in this weeks Speedway Star that the behind the scenes issues with Tai not riding for Team GB is nothing to do with the BSPA

I'm a few notches down the grapevine chain these days, so I wouldn't take it as a given, but from what I hear it's all to do with points money - or rather the lack of it.

Apparently the riders are paid a flat fee to ride, and all get paid the same regardless of whether they score 0 or 21. The rumour I heard is that Tai believes they should be paid per point.

This could, of course, also have had an influence on Greg's decision not to ride.

Firstly, I started this thread before seeing that statement..

Secondly, how many times do people/organisations say one thing, and then do exactly the opposite!!!

This clearly won't be answered until nearer the 2017 SWC!!

I may have a small wager that he lines up for "Team Australia" in 2017

Well if he does it will be because he gets sick and tired of posters like you questioning his allegiance to the UK.

I'm a few notches down the grapevine chain these days, so I wouldn't take it as a given, but from what I hear it's all to do with points money - or rather the lack of it.

Apparently the riders are paid a flat fee to ride, and all get paid the same regardless of whether they score 0 or 21. The rumour I heard is that Tai believes they should be paid per point.

This could, of course, also have had an influence on Greg's decision not to ride.

Do riders not get paid points money by bsi/fim? Is this a "top up" by natiional governing body?

Do riders not get paid points money by bsi/fim? Is this a "top up" by natiional governing body?

Suppose the governing bodies are paid for the number of points scored by the team, and they then distribute the money to the riders equally. Suppose the riders are asked and themselves decide how the money will be distributed.

Taking away the joker points (presumably unpaid), GB scored 29 points. Each of the 5 riders gets paid for 6 points, so every rider bar one gets paid for more than they earned.

It seems something of a coincidence that the two riders who pull out are the two who score a massive percentage of their teams' points.

Checked the regulations. Prize money is based on team finishing position. That is paid to the national federations.

So can see why tai may be miffed at getting just an equal share of that pool. Similarly Greg may have figured usa were going to finish 7th regardless, so riding wasn't going to impact the 10k usd prize money to be shared amongst the squad.

Fwiw team GB picked up 20k usd for finishing 2nd.