British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v- Swindon 19th August

Wtf has Colin Meredith got to do with the price of fish?

Whatever Belle Vue do it will never be as bad as that clown who ran oxford into the ground, waggy?

Call it irony, Belle Vue had to blame someone on opening night who was not there so not why not Colin this time. My point was it will not be their fault

What on earth that has to do with a promotion of 12/13 years ago is beyond me. We are talking about tonight and I was not there but if you can tell me is was anything other than a balls up then I concede

Edited by Chris Brown

Total shambles - unprofessional and amateurish. People at the track said it didn't stop raining till around 4-4.30.Should have been a track inspection there and then and should have been called off. With the amount of rain they've had how did they possibly think it could go ahead & how can you let people through the turnstiles if you're not sure you're going to run the meeting? At least at Kings Lynn the rain came just before the start so people were already in the stadium. Chapman & co need to get hold of this type situation and lay down some clear guidance about calling off meetings.

• Like 1

As usual Fred Flange is trying to find a way to blame others.

It's the fault of the Belle Vue promotion who have presided over yet another cock-up.

Total shambles - unprofessional and amateurish. People at the track said it didn't stop raining till around 4-4.30.Should have been a track inspection there and then and should have been called off. With the amount of rain they've had how did they possibly think it could go ahead & how can you let people through the turnstiles if you're not sure you're going to run the meeting? At least at Kings Lynn the rain came just before the start so people were already in the stadium. Chapman & co need to get hold of this type situation and lay down some clear guidance about calling off meetings.

I wasn't there, but they knew the rain would stop when it did... So, why did they not blade it then??

They could have bladed off the wet top, and then scarified what was below it, and then left it, so that would be then around 7pm (2.5hrs) to blade top off and remove most of it..

That would have given the surface that was left 45-60 mins of low Sun and a bit of wind...

What they did do was possibly the worst thing they could have done...

Why?

They are supposed to be the Diamond of British Speedway, but behaved worse than the "John O Gaunt" Flyers!!!! (a few of us that raced pedal bikes on the corner of Parker Drive/Somerset Avenue) entrance to the old Leicester Speedway, it was 70% shale and 30% tarmac track in front of the turnstyles, but we organised it very well, Inc track prep when it rained!!!!!

Would have to fit them both in 3 hours as have to be finished for 3pm, council restriction with stock cars starting next door.

With track grading, any crashes/restarts, potentially delayed start to get crowd in & additional track prep for match 2, reckon 3pm would be a squeeze.

The dark lord troll lying and trolling again, what a surprise, not!

So you admit the Belle Vue promotion are at fault then?

Admit?

It's a simple question, one you won't want to answer of course.

You've accused me of lying when I suggested you were looking for someone other than the promotion to blame.. if I'm lying, you agree they are at fault.

The reality is of course they were at fault, numerous posters have stated the track wasn't fit to race on and should have been bladed much earlier.

You'll now proceed to play your childish game of trying to twist words of course.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

It stopped raining at around 4.30pm.They didn't decide to blade it near to 8pm.Buck must stop at the promotion?

Unsure of availability of the Robins side at relatively short notice + how they'd charge fans who've already bought Poole tickets for the extra match. Could be an option though.

Wondering why considering the rain stopped in Manchester around 5, that remedial work couldn't have started before 7,50pm?

Feel for travelling Robins fans. Being a local I only lost 3 quid car park fee & 15 miles of diesel - suspect they're out of pocket slightly more.

Stock cars at 4 on bank holiday which is why we have to run at 1200 hrs... so that means no clash with parking for the two evemts as per council instructions

It was clear the track would not be race able after the blading started, track work should have been started straight after the rain finishes. The weather reports were spot on so could be predicted. Then to be told we could not be refunded on the night and have to reclaim via post. Done with Belle Vue, done with British speedway if I'm honest!!

As usual Fred Flange is trying to find a way to blame others.

It's the fault of the Belle Vue promotion who have presided over yet another cock-up.

The one good thing about making a 'cock up' in speedway is that it will be quickly forgotten as it will be superseded by an even bigger 'cock up' some where else almost immediately...

Think they must all play "my cock up is bigger than your cock up" at the AGM...!?😁

As Fergie might have said (if he had heard of the sport)

"Speedway eh? Bloody Hell!"

• Like 2

Pairman? Well you made that one up![/quote

Edited by hagonshocker

I can never understand why an instant refund cannot be given. If I paid by card online I would just chargeback, but if I habded over £20 an hour earlier I would expect the money to be returned without the hassle of posting it in.

When John Hectir made a complete pigs ear of the Poole track a few years ago Matt Ford organised an instant refund for those that wanted it. Alternatively the ticket was valid for the rest of the season.

With seats purchased online is the ticket purchased at Belle Vue not valid for future meetings?

It was clear the track would not be race able after the blading started, track work should have been started straight after the rain finishes. The weather reports were spot on so could be predicted. Then to be told we could not be refunded on the night and have to reclaim via post. Done with Belle Vue, done with British speedway if I'm honest!!

Not being able to get refunds on the night and as has been mentioned by another no car park refund is a sure way of making sure away fans do not return.

• Like 4

My bad didn't mean Pairman, my mistake before any other Saddo gets there f******g knickers in a twist!

David Gordon? If so got the Gordon arse about face hence thinking he was Pairman, in any case not as big a cock up as that shower of sh*t produced again! As far as old flange features is concerned I got a name wrong but unlike half of you Anoraks i don't make sh*t up and bull sh*t! 😜