British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Phil The Ace

Belle Vue -v- Swindon 19th August

I know and as we know there were rather a few issues over the years as regards bad decisions at the dog track too. This promotion as ive always said did a fantastic job in delivering the new facility but for me at least there were always questions about having the experiance to run it. After the unfortunate opening night own goal, last nights bad decision, the track covers that we were informed were measured and ordered now apparantly not going materialize, the lack of publicity locally i feel my initial fears of not having the experiance to make the most of this new start is at least justified. As with everything you have to gain experiance as the promotion no doubt will do, but the club cant afford to lose fans whilst lessons are being learnt. We are top of the league in a new stadium but the crowds are very poor as you will have seen last night. Compare that to how the Faccena brothers are putting their business experiance to good use in Glasgow. I really hope they can learn by their mistakes and the club thrives but we cant deny we do appear to shoot ourselves in the foot on occasions.

• Like 2

Trolling again.

Wet track, tick.

Fans in stadium, tick.

Blade on track, tick.

Long delay, tick.

Meeting called off, tick.

Just because you can't appreciate the difference between a carbon copy and almost a carbon copy isn't a good excuse for yet another, yes another trolling post.

And when have I tried to deflect and defend blame? It is the crass double standards that is the issue, but you just want to keep on trolling.

It wasn't a carbon copy in the slightest and every single other person on this thread understands that.

Belle Vue had four hours to prepare the track and failed to do so.

Kings Lynn had a track prepared ready to race and were hit with a heavy rainstorm just before tapes up, there is NO comparison.

To quote yourself, stop lying.

We know he won't, we know he will dominate every response with more trolling and make believe.

• Like 1

I know and as we know there were rather a few issues over the years as regards bad decisions at the dog track too. This promotion as ive always said did a fantastic job in delivering the new facility but for me at least there were always questions about having the experiance to run it. After the unfortunate opening night own goal, last nights bad decision, the track covers that we were informed were measured and ordered now apparantly not going materialize, the lack of publicity locally i feel my initial fears of not having the experiance to make the most of this new start is at least justified. As with everything you have to gain experiance as the promotion no doubt will do, but the club cant afford to lose fans whilst lessons are being learnt. We are top of the league in a new stadium but the crowds are very poor as you will have seen last night. Compare that to how the Faccena brothers are putting their business experiance to good use in Glasgow. I really hope they can learn by their mistakes and the club thrives but we cant deny we do appear to shoot ourselves in the foot on occasions.

Brilliant racing track, top of the league, successful World Cup, looking to the future with a NL team, the academy to come and a fantastic signing in Dan Bewley, securing income from events organised for the Peter Craven suite and a new NSS website up and running to encourage further bookings. I think you're right, they haven't a clue.

Of course mistakes have been made and more can be done, although I think last night was mainly down to a lack of experience with the new track and believing the excellent drainage would be able to cope. I think that is why the track was left when the rain stopped, they expected it to drain and dry as it did in the WC race off and the Leicester match. Unfortunately, this time the volume of water was just tooo much. It was a mistake but it was reasonable to think the drains would cope based on the limited previous history.

The Glasgow promotion do seem to be leading the way with their professional approach and in increasing local awareness to build up their crowds. Lessons can be learned from them although, my concern there, if rumours are correct, is that the publicity campaign is costing in the region of £180,000. Not many, if any, other clubs can afford that sort of budget and importantly, is it going to be cost effective? You will have to get a lot of people through the gate to recover that sort of outlay.

• Like 1

Apart from the FIVE almost identical features you're right there's no comparison?

As I said, I posted that it 'appears to be almost a carbon copy'.

Had I posted that it was a carbon copy I'd have considered you to just be pedantic but you are actually just trolling again!

What is wrong with you?

Nothing wrong with me, I'm not the fool on the thread. Carry on.

Although of course your 'claimed' five identical features weren't identical.

Was the track wet when Kings Lynn opened the gates? No. So that's your first two points gone.

Did Kings Lynn have an opportunity to blade the track hours before? No.. so that's your third point gone.

All you have is long delay and meeting called off.. The circumstances were entirely different.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 2

The £180000 Glasgow paid was only for the electronic bill boards according to the Star.

Jesus wept!

I didn't say they were identical did I?

ALMOST identical!

You are that desperate to troll my posts you can't even read what they say!

Both tracks were wet, why troll that point?

Fans were in the stadium at both meetings, why troll that point?

The blade was on the track at both meetings, why troll that as well?

Oh no, I've just realised you are only trolling the post in relation to the kl v Swindon meeting, you are going to go through the whole process again with the kl v Poole meeting on the basis that they weren't carbon copies or identical to each other, aren't you?

Lol! You do realise foreverblue keeps liking your troll posts, says it all really.

Troll troll troll troll everyone's a troll who doesn't agree with you! I like his posts because i agree with him, has anyone liked your post? He is correct about the Kings Lynn meeting, i was there.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

I dont care if someone diagrees with me but, as you both know, it is actually against forum rules to change a quote to suit an argument, that is why he is a troll. Why change a quote unless it is to troll? In any case the original post is there to refer to.

Look at his content history, it isn't an accident the vast majority of his recent posts are simply trolling my posts, usually with no relevance to the thread.

You said we could rest zagar but couldn't rest fricke, why? Stupid or trolling?

It is no surprise you keep liking his posts, as I said, it says it all.

Fricke should be banned. You suggested Zagar should have been rested from the Wolves meeting which he couldn't be unless injured. Maybe poor use of words from me.

Edited by foreverblue

I thought you said zagar could be rested? If you didn't I'm happy to apologise.

I thought you said Zagar should be rested because you didn't need to win.Don't remember saying he should be rested.

I dont care if someone diagrees with me but, as you both know, it is actually against forum rules to change a quote to suit an argument, that is why he is a troll. Why change a quote unless it is to troll? In any case the original post is there to refer to.

Look at his content history, it isn't an accident the vast majority of his recent posts are simply trolling my posts, usually with no relevance to the thread.

You said we could rest zagar but couldn't rest fricke, why? Stupid or trolling?

It is no surprise you keep liking his posts, as I said, it says it all.

I haven't changed any of your posts so quit your pathetic lying and accusations.

There is only one of us who have been banned for rule breaking. Only one of us who has had to change username out of sheer embarrassment. It's not me.

Somebody who was actually at the Kings Lynn meeting has confirmed what I have said... NOBODY else on the entire thread is dragging that meeting into this debate except you, to as usual, try and portray Belle Vue as some sort of victim.

Every single other Belle Vue fan on this thread has held their hands up and admitted that on this occasion Belle Vue messed up and haven't tried to deflect attention elsewhere.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

The same happened at the Leicester v Kings Lynn match, big rain shower (over an hour) we swept all the surface water off, did a bit of grading, and I thought and so did a few others Inc Leicester trackman, that it was ok, after 3 or 4 races, the track would have developed.. but Kings Lynn wanted it blading, and once a blade is used, it usually only goes one way in the UK, and that's off!! And it was off!!

UK track material is just not like the stuff they use abroad, and usually UK tracks don't have enough dry material, additional plant to resurface a bladed track quick enough....

Edited by Shale Searcher

Brilliant racing track, top of the league, successful World Cup, looking to the future with a NL team, the academy to come and a fantastic signing in Dan Bewley, securing income from events organised for the Peter Craven suite and a new NSS website up and running to encourage further bookings. I think you're right, they haven't a clue.

Of course mistakes have been made and more can be done, although I think last night was mainly down to a lack of experience with the new track and believing the excellent drainage would be able to cope. I think that is why the track was left when the rain stopped, they expected it to drain and dry as it did in the WC race off and the Leicester match. Unfortunately, this time the volume of water was just tooo much. It was a mistake but it was reasonable to think the drains would cope based on the limited previous history.

The Glasgow promotion do seem to be leading the way with their professional approach and in increasing local awareness to build up their crowds. Lessons can be learned from them although, my concern there, if rumours are correct, is that the publicity campaign is costing in the region of £180,000. Not many, if any, other clubs can afford that sort of budget and importantly, is it going to be cost effective? You will have to get a lot of people through the gate to recover that sort of outlay.

You say it was reasonable to think the drains could cope with the rainfall but as I understand it Manchester had significant rainfall on Thursday night followed by 8 hours worth on Friday. With that kind of precipitation the best drainage system in the world isn't going to cope. The fact is there comes a point when the shale is saturated as it was on Friday and once that happens it has to dry out and it just wasn't going to do it in 3 hours. The worst thing is they let people through the turnstiles not knowing for certain that they were going to be able to put on a meeting. There should have been a track inspection at lunch time taking into account the weather forecast - an update posted on the website and social media followed by another inspection when the rain stopped and a decision taken then. You have to take into account not only the travelling supporters like myself who spent 6 hours getting to Manchester but also the home fans some of whom probably don't live that close to the stadium. and have to travel as well. Just taking a punt on it like they did last night and assuming it would be ok as it had been in the past is unprofessional and shows a contempt for the paying public.

After the fiasco of the opening night messrs Gordon and Morton need to get their act together and act a bit more responsibly and professionally otherwise as Bellevueace said the fine facilty that is the NSS is not going to be exploited to the full.

How the Belle Vue Promotion didn't learn from the farce of the opening night is beyond me; to have the paying public in the stadium only to call it off because of an unfit track is careless if it has hapens once but to do it again is just incomptent.

• Like 1

You say it was reasonable to think the drains could cope with the rainfall but as I understand it Manchester had significant rainfall on Thursday night followed by 8 hours worth on Friday. With that kind of precipitation the best drainage system in the world isn't going to cope. The fact is there comes a point when the shale is saturated as it was on Friday and once that happens it has to dry out and it just wasn't going to do it in 3 hours. The worst thing is they let people through the turnstiles not knowing for certain that they were going to be able to put on a meeting. There should have been a track inspection at lunch time taking into account the weather forecast - an update posted on the website and social media followed by another inspection when the rain stopped and a decision taken then. You have to take into account not only the travelling supporters like myself who spent 6 hours getting to Manchester but also the home fans some of whom probably don't live that close to the stadium. and have to travel as well. Just taking a punt on it like they did last night and assuming it would be ok as it had been in the past is unprofessional and shows a contempt for the paying public.

After the fiasco of the opening night messrs Gordon and Morton need to get their act together and act a bit more responsibly and professionally otherwise as Bellevueace said the fine facilty that is the NSS is not going to be exploited to the full.

How the Belle Vue Promotion didn't learn from the farce of the opening night is beyond me; to have the paying public in the stadium only to call it off because of an unfit track is careless if it has hapens once but to do it again is just incomptent.

A friend was on one of the JAPS, and basically the track hadn't been tyre packed sufficiently to keep the rain out the shale, to allow the majority of it to "run-off" down the banking to the drains.....

A friend was on one of the JAPS, and basically the track hadn't been tyre packed sufficiently to keep the rain out the shale, to allow the majority of it to "run-off" down the banking to the drains.....

That sounds to me as if it could be right. There was certainly a deep layer of loose wet shale on top. I'm sure Colin Meredith would have tyre packed it knowing the forecast but I don't know much about his replacement and to be fair to him he must still be finding his feet.

I can understand what Gresham 78 is saying and why but the drains are excellent and have dealt with prolonged heavy rain on a number of occasions, the British Final, the World Cup race off and the Leicester meeting spring to mind. I recall a really heavy downpour shortly before a meeting and literally within 10 or 15 minutes the water had disappeared. I travel quite a distance and from previous experience fully expected the meeting to go ahead and can believe that the promotion would as well. If the meeting had been at the old track I wouldn't have set off.

Interestingly, Tony Steele and the track curator walked the track a while before the JAPS went out and nothing was said then about calling it off, that only arose after the riders had an input and the blade was brought out.

Edited by Aces51

I posted "Remarkably last night appears to have been almost a carbon copy of two other late postponements" you posted "The situation was very, very different and far from a 'carbon copy' of the Kings Lynn meeting against Swindon in July", you deliberately changed what I posted to back up your trolling.

I posted "Apart from the FIVE almost identical features you're right there's no comparison?" You posted "Although of course your 'claimed' five identical features weren't identical." again you deliberately changed what I posted to back up your trolling.

Are you unable to see that you have misquoted me to back up your trolling? That is against forum rules. To deny it is stupid, it is plain to see.

Then there is your trolling claim that "As usual you are the ONLY person on the thread still trying to defend and deflect blame." This is simply trolling, in no way have I defended anybody.

Now you claim "I haven't changed any of your posts so quit your pathetic lying and accusations." can you not understand that missing words from someone's post does actually fully meet the description of changing the post?

Look I am very happy to keep quoting exactly what you've posted to prove you are a liar, why are you continually compelled to change my posts to try (and fail) to achieve the same result?

So I haven't changed any of your posts.

Glad we have cleared that up. No Forum rules broken.

You said it was almost a carbon copy, I stated it was far from a carbon copy. That's not changing your post, that's disagreeing with your post. If you don't understand basics like that there is little hope in ever having any form of sensible conversation with you.. but then you don't want that do you?

The forum rules you keep referring too are for when someone uses the 'Quote' facility and alters what was originally there.

Now give it a rest.