British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset Pl 19/8/16 @7.30pm

After a a better performance on the road last night we are back at Armadale tonight against what is probably the best side in the league at the moment. Edinburgh will operating R/R for fisher. For the rebels Wells guests for Josh G, palovaara in for Allen and R/R for Wright.

These changes certainly make Somerset stronger. Hopefully we can pull through and come away with a victory but the rebels will take at least a point Tonight IMO if it's on.

Wells should prefer the silky smooth shale at Armadiddle compared to the bumps of Foxholes!

Will be tough without Ryan, whereas their changes bolster them, but I hate to say that the damn Friday forecast may intervene again

Looks like gales & rain in the central belt after lunchtime.

Here we go again..... MEETING OFF

It's going to be a very rushed end to the year! Are Edinburgh allowed midweek fixtures?

It's going to be a very rushed end to the year! Are Edinburgh allowed midweek fixtures?

Isn't half!!!! They had Thursday last year as I recall (?)

We have done a Friday/Saturday plus double headers also. At this rate we will be doing both.

Saturday is the alternative race day as far as I know.

Desperate luck weather wise, but this situation at most clubs of unavailable riders when rearranging fixtures will have to have a better solution for next year.

Saturday is the alternative race day as far as I know.

BSPA have alternative raceday officially listed as Saturdays at 7pm.

Unbelievable bad luck this season.

Thought Embra had covers.

So if they do, are they using them.

And yes, I understand they only work before a meeting not during it if it's raining.

It was mentioned that lack of local able bodied volunteers when needed to lay the covers is a problem.

As Armadale was the nearest venue to Edinburgh to be granted permission for speedway (after Appeal btw), it is still over 20 miles from the city centre, so that probably restricts volunteer availability.