British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh V Somerset Pl 19/8/16 @7.30pm

So Edinburgh do have covers.

But choose not to use.

Edited by george.m

I see they're having a double header 2nd September - Redcar and Plymouth. In all seriousness I hope it stays dry for once and it's well attended.

• Like 1

So Edinburgh do have covers.

But choose not to use.

Yep.

Prefer to have 8 postponements.

Volunteers on a Friday tend to have day jobs.

• Like 1

Yep.

Prefer to have 8 postponements.

Volunteers on a Friday tend to have day jobs.

So can someone please explain why the promotion bought covers when even two fans (no disrespect intended) on here know there is an issue with getting volunteers?

So can someone please explain why the promotion bought covers when even two fans (no disrespect intended) on here know there is an issue with getting volunteers?

The covers were already there to protect the greyhound track I assume - maybe you could help out George? I'm afraid I can't.

The covers were already there to protect the greyhound track I assume - maybe you could help out George? I'm afraid I can't.

Assume?

Pretty sure the covers are the ones we use for the dog track they aren't actual covers for the track specifically.

They're not the dog track covers. Apparently, according to Eddie McKenna on Monarchs FB page yesterday, they're covers that have been obtained a few months ago but are too good quality to use - from that he seemed to be saying they're too heavy to drag on and off the track. Doesn't sound like the dog track covers to me. In any case, using the dog track covers would be fraught with risks, as they are on the dog track to protect against shale getting into the greyhounds' paws. Dragging these covers on and off a speedway track would surely mean lots of shale ending up unwittingly on the dog track!

Edited by stewmac
  • Like 1

They're not the dog track covers. Apparently, according to Eddie McKenna on Monarchs FB page yesterday, they're covers that have been obtained a few months ago but are too good quality to use - from that he seemed to be saying they're too heavy to drag on and off the track. Doesn't sound like the dog track covers to me. In any case, using the dog track covers would be fraught with risks, as they are on the dog track to protect against shale getting into the greyhounds' paws. Dragging these covers on and off a speedway track would surely mean lots of shale ending up unwittingly on the dog track!

Aye best not to use them if they're too good :unsure:

• Like 7