British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Pl 21/08/16

I am a Somerset supporter living in Somerset !!!

he wasn't talkin about you, it was allthegearbutnaeidea!

All's well that ends well in my book ! Bye for now Glasgow. PS. I only gloat when people keep moving goal posts and finding excuses for their poor performance and abilities !!!

So why are you gloating? All Glasgow fans know on the day the 7 riders representing the rebels beat Glasgow - no excuses. These tigers fans plus neutrals are just pointing out that without dan bewley you wouldn't have won. the somerset team manager did his job picked 2 good guests as was his right, the same way we benefited from bewley at Rye House. So well done on this victory but it means nothing, sadly, because of the play-offs. you will be in them as will we and hopefully you'll see your 7 riders,not guests, take on a tigers side at ashfield in October and we'll see who is victorious.

Yawn !!! :shock: Zzzzzzzzz!!! God, strewth, you lose the will to live !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

The beauty about speedway is that it is totally unpredictable. When teams require guests, most team managers choose riders that are either in good form or have a proven track record at a particular track. Garry May certainly does this. The choice of Bewley was an astute one for sure. However, sometimes it just doesn't happen. In the play off semi finals a year or so ago, Somerset chose Kennett as a guest for Kurtz. Kennett was poor on the night. That's the way it goes. You win some, you lose some.

There is lots of talk about who would have won the meeting if the Rebels didn't have Bewley in their side. The likelihood on current form if both teams were at full strength , would probably have been a Glasgow win, but a tight win at that. But that wasn't the case.

Aroundtheboards is simply stating facts and what it says in black and white. A two point win for Somerset.

Think that was the final ER and he was guesting for Ollie Allen , it was r/r for Brady. Him and Summers ( in the second leg ) were both pants, we lost by one. Further back 2012 Hall scores 7 from 5 in that play off final we lose by one again. Nice to get it right, well done and thanks Dan.

Forget the play offs... whoever wins them doesn't mean they are the best team in the league. We all know, it's what Team comes top of the final league table at the end of the season, not who wins the play offs, that's the real winners.

Play offs are just a money spinner and joke to be fair.

As for last nights result...no one likes to see their team win with guests.

Having said that... I think Jake Allen would probably have scored more than what Jorgensen did last night...he's on fire atm.

I can't imagine BWD getting zero again either. What was wrong with him last night, anyone know? Set up?

Instead of looking at Dan Bewley as the match winner...perhaps certain people should be looking at Lawson and expecting more from him? Perhaps it was his low score that lost Glasgow the meeting? ;-)

Regardless...look at the league table...the two best teams in this league by far are Somerset and Glasgow.

It would be a travesty for neither of them to win the play off finals.

• Like 3

As for last nights result...no one likes to see their team win with guests.

Having said that... I think Jake Allen would probably have scored more than what Jorgensen did last night...he's on fire atm.

I can't imagine BWD getting zero again either. What was wrong with him last night, anyone know? Set up?

Instead of looking at Dan Bewley as the match winner...perhaps certain people should be looking at Lawson and expecting more from him? Perhaps it was his low score that lost Glasgow the meeting? ;-)

Regardless...look at the league table...the two best teams in this league by far are Somerset and Glasgow.

It would be a travesty for neither of them to win the play off finals.

It's the guys on track on the day that score the points not the ones that are missing.

So if you're looking at ifs and buts.... what about Worral only being able to jump one start, but Tungate got away with jumping two.

It's the guys on track on the day that score the points not the ones that are missing.

So if you're looking at ifs and buts.... what about Worral only being able to jump one start, but Tungate got away with jumping two.

Not looking for if's and but's fella...just pointing out that it wasn't just because of Dan Bewley that Glasgow lost.

There were many reasons as to why Glasgow lost last night.

Here we go again just as you think you are getting on common ground !!! If, what if, it's not fair, he got away with one more jump start than him !!!

If you look at the whole situation and the boot was on the other foot you (Glasgow) would have taken that win with spades and would have been as big a pain as you all are today about it and as Gresham says, and I have said before, the Play offs are a joke! The team that finishes top are the champions in my eye, be it Glasgow, Edinburgh or anybody else, good on 'em, if they earn it they should have the trophy, not fight all season long to amass enough points to top the league just to have a sudden death play off. All the content on here today resembles little kids playing cowboys and Indians and not taking your shots. 44 - 46 End of. I'm focused on Plymouth now and how many points we can put over them with or without guests. None of us are keen on the guest rule but that is the cards we are dealt so get on with it !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

Think young Master Bewley will be top of every PL promoter's wish list for next season . Whoever signs him on his low average will be catapulted to favouritism for next year's title

Here we go again just as you think you are getting on common ground !!! If, what if, it's not fair, he got away with one more jump start than him !!!

I'm focused on Plymouth now and how many points we can put over them with or without guests. None of us are keen on the guest rule but that is the cards we are dealt so get on with it !!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!!

Good , away and annoy the Plymouth fans now and leave us to wollow in our self pity :nono:

• Like 2

Spot on with the play offs, what a load of crap that is. Can you imagine that rule in football. With the double now achieved over Glasgow , the Rebels are so far in front of anyone else this year it just shows what a joke the play offs are and a travesty if at the end of s long long season if we were not crowned champs.

The Rebels have not scored less than 40 points in any match and have only resorted to the equily ridiculous tac ride once.

A starting seven that nobody gave a chance to, we are all talking about Bewley, what about Jake and BWD all season so far, not just over the last month or so. All the Somerset haters must be squirming in their seats at how well we have done so far. Two semi's coming up , Pairs already in the cabinet, life's good long may it continue.

• Like 1

Every body knows the play offs are here to stay , no point whinging about them now that Somerset are going to top the table by quite a margin . Yes they have been the best team this season , but the idea is to peak for the business end of the season . They have won the qualifying competition , the real stuff begins shortly

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 2

Spot on with the play offs, what a load of crap that is. Can you imagine that rule in football. With the double now achieved over Glasgow , the Rebels are so far in front of anyone else this year it just shows what a joke the play offs are and a travesty if at the end of s long long season if we were not crowned champs.

The Rebels have not scored less than 40 points in any match and have only resorted to the equily ridiculous tac ride once.

A starting seven that nobody gave a chance to, we are all talking about Bewley, what about Jake and BWD all season so far, not just over the last month or so. All the Somerset haters must be squirming in their seats at how well we have done so far. Two semi's coming up , Pairs already in the cabinet, life's good long may it continue

Playoffs are brilliant, calm doon.

Playoffs are brilliant, calm doon.

So true , the atmosphere on the day we raced Somerset in last year's play off semi final was amazing . The buzz you get during the play offs is so much better than during the normal season

Every body knows the play offs are here to stay , no point whinging about them now that Somerset are going to top the table by quite a margin . Yes they have been the best team this season , but the idea is to peak for the business end of the season . They have won the qualifying competition , the real stuff begins shortly

Sorry mate totally disagree, "peak at the business end of the season" nah not for me . The season is a marathon not a short sprint between a couple of teams. Another Speedway joke rule along with double points 🙄.

• Like 3

I'd like to see the league winners crowned as Champions...but a separate competition at the end of the season which consists of the top four teams.

There would have to be an incentive to win it. Make it worthwhile and important to win.

As for what that incentive would be...i'm not sure.

Maybe an extra point to play with, at the beginning of the next seasons averages when putting a team together....Or allowing the winning team to keep the team they won the title with the following season with no restriction? Obviously riders will have had to have ridden the majority of meetings and no wringers pulled in.

Or something along those lines...something worth winning, if you get my drift.

I'd like to see the league winners crowned as Champions...but a separate competition at the end of the season which consists of the top four teams.

Rugby League used that system very successfully for decades. The side top of the league were the champions who were then joined by their closest challengers for a competition called "The Premiership".

Then along came Sky and they had to switch to just a play-off system, as in Australia.

Now, where's the connection?

• Like 1