British Speedway Forum
damosuzuki

Glasgow Vs Somerset Pl 21/08/16

Come next season this young lad will be the signature every team will want if he continues the way he is . Who owns /asset of ? Is it Bell Vue ?

Yeah Belle Vue own him. I reckon he'll be in their team plans for next year which rules out Friday night teams. I suppose he could go back to Edinburgh as they don't seem to race Friday's anymore.

Interesting to note that Belle Vue management were in attendance today. Perhaps agreeing the fee for next year?

• Like 1

Yeah Belle Vue own him. I reckon he'll be in their team plans for next year which rules out Friday night teams. I suppose he could go back to Edinburgh as they don't seem to race Friday's anymore.

Interesting to note that Belle Vue management were in attendance today. Perhaps agreeing the fee for next year?

They would be daft to let him go , hold on to the young kid he's a bit special and who knows just how far he can go .

• Like 1

Well done Rebels ! Well done Glasgow ! It wasn't your fault that who ever directed the tractor drivers took away your momentum !

• Like 3

They would be daft to let him go , hold on to the young kid he's a bit special and who knows just how far he can go .

I agree. They'll want him to get experience and they could use him in the EL while a PL team use him on loan.

Big well done to Somerset really enjoyed that today, as i said before the meeting a very shrewd choice off guests and take a bow young Bewley simply superb performance from the youngster.

Meeting that swung one way then the other and back again, don't know if anyone else noticed from heat 5 to 10 we scored 25pts to the Rebels 11pts we then had a 40 lap tractor race which any momentum we had was killed stone dead and the Rebs took full advantage as they did at the start off the meeting.

But otherwise no gripes in regards to the result the better team on the day won.

Tiggers PUMPED by a 17 year old rookie!!!!

He certainly helped but he needs as many laps as possible round his new home track for next year saddo.

• Like 1

So many scoffed when we held a trial for a 3 pointer and he came out on top.

Our good fortune that cookie recommended him and that Mitchell was having visa problems.

Oh dear, ifs buts and maybes ..... Tremendous win without Jake Allen.

Yep it certainly was on the day it was a deserved win and on that performance would take some stopping may be different without those two guesting but who knows Jake Allen may have been sensational round Ashfield.

Big well done to Somerset really enjoyed that today, as i said before the meeting a very shrewd choice off guests and take a bow young Bewley simply superb performance from the youngster.

Meeting that swung one way then the other and back again, don't know if anyone else noticed from heat 5 to 10 we scored 25pts to the Rebels 11pts we then had a 40 lap tractor race which any momentum we had was killed stone dead and the Rebs took full advantage as they did at the start off the meeting.

But otherwise no gripes in regards to the result the better team on the day won.

He certainly helped but he needs as many laps as possible round his new home track for next year saddo.

Thanks for the congrats Gazc. Not many have the grace to do the same, it's usually excuse posting !!!

Edited by Aroundtheboards

Is today's result a bad thing?

We were always likely to finish second in the table to Somerset - all but confirmed today!

Does it give us a wake up call - most certainly!

Will Somerset, barring injuries, have two guests in the play off final/KOC etc if we meet them in it - not a chance.

19 plus 1 from 2 guests today and they replaced 2 riders that have ever ridden at Ashfield. One of which has an average of 2.76!!

In addition Charles Wright and BWD scored 2 between them.

I have every confidence in us over 2 legs!!

Agree with much of that, what a great meeting, with the first eight heats all within a second of the track record such was the standard of the riding. Bewley was sensational in his second heat aggressively going under Lawson with a very self assured style. He won ht14 untroubled and took second from Garcia on the line in ht10, how we could have done with that point.

Somerset started well winning 5 of the first 6 heats opening a 6 point lead but Glasgow fought back to be 6 ahead at ht10. Unfortunately the major regrade after then handed back the advantage to Somerset as they won easy 5-1's in heats 11 & 13 which effectively sealed the deal.

Whilst Bewley outscored Zac Waj points for the last month, we have all played that card and no point complaining, Somerset were simply better. A home defeat at this stage is perhaps what we needed, proves we arent invincible despite the hype and will hopefully restore some desire at the top end of the team.

It would be interesting to know what Summers and Tungates spat was about after ht15, but well done the Rebels anyway.

Thanks for the congrats Gazc. Not many Scotsmen have the grace to do the same, it's usually excuse posting !!!

I said Well done to the Rebs last week and that we were well humped!

Yep it certainly was on the day it was a deserved win and on that performance would take some stopping may be different without those two guesting but who knows Jake Allen may have been sensational round Ashfield.

tbf i think glasgow would have battered the usual somerset 1-7.... 20 points from guests is a 40 point swing in the match, even if allen and zak got 12 between them its still 8 off somerset and 8 on glasgow... Daft sport is speedway and the rebels continue to carry all before them.
  • Like 1

So many scoffed when we held a trial for a 3 pointer and he came out on top.

Our good fortune that cookie recommended him and that Mitchell was having visa problems.

Yes many raised there eyebrows at the time but large slices off humble pie is now on the menu as he is just a fantastic talent.

Very quick on the bike and so in control he is maturing at a very rapid rate.

• Like 2

Well, that's me proved wrong again. Gutted, but it was an extremely entertaining afternoon of racing. Somerset are a very good team, strong right through, but Bewley was something special. He's got such a smooth balanced style about him.

Has anyone got a couple of quid for the bus? :cry:

• Like 2