British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Play Off Race - Top 4

With only a handful of meetings now left, the question is who will finish top and who will take the 4 place off places.

Unfortunately this year my own team Coventry are not in it, however there are 5 teams still battling it out.

Below are their remaining fixtures, plus points available (will be updated after meetings)

Updated 29th Aug

1. BELLE VUE 58

HOME: Swindon, Poole

Points available: 6

2.WOLVERHAMPON. 55

HOME: Coventry

Points available: 3

3. POOLE 54

AWAY: King's Lynn, Belle Vue

Points available: 8

4. SWINDON 47

AWAY: Lakeside, Belle Vue

Points available: 8

5. LAKESIDE 44

HOME: Swindon

Points available 3

I can actually see Wolves winning all of their remaining meetings and the race for 4th being down to Swindon & Lakeside.

Edited by mdmc82

Poole and Belle Vue may struggle to get all their meetings done if the weather continues like it has been the last couple of weeks, yet again this year there has been weeks without meetings.

• Like 1

Poole and Belle Vue may struggle to get all their meetings done if the weather continues like it has been the last couple of weeks, yet again this year there has been weeks without meetings.

In that case, teams who fail to complete their EL matches should have their outstanding home matches awarded 75-0 against them. Can't really have any sympathy for a team that sits out the whole of June or doesn't start doing track work until 8pm!!

• Like 2

I can actually see Wolves winning all of their remaining meetings and the race for 4th being down to Swindon & Lakeside.

My caveat there would be the double-header against Lynn and Swindon. These two-match nights always seem fraught with potential problems to me.

With only a handful of meetings now left, the question is who will finish top and who will take the 4 place off places.

Unfortunately this year my own team Coventry are not in it, however there are 5 teams still battling it out.

Below are their remaining fixtures, plus points available (will be updated after meetings)

1. BELLE VUE 49

HOME: Swindon, King's Lynn, Coventry, Leicester, Poole twice

AWAY: Poole

Points available: 22

2. POOLE 44

HOME: Belle Vue, King's Lynn, Leicester

AWAY: Swindon, King's Lynn, Leicester, Wolves, Belle Vue twice.

Points available: 33

3. SWINDON 41

HOME: Poole, Leicester,

AWAY: Wolves, Lakeside, Belle Vue

Points available: 18

4. LAKESIDE 40

HOME: Swindon, King's Lynn

AWAY: Coventry, Wolves, King's Lynn

Points available 18

5. Wolverhampton 39

HOME: Swindon, Lakeside, King's Lynn, Poole, Coventry

AWAY: King's Lynn

Points available: 19

So no change there since about May time then?!!

In that case, teams who fail to complete their EL matches should have their outstanding home matches awarded 75-0 against them. Can't really have any sympathy for a team that sits out the whole of June or doesn't start doing track work until 8pm!!

Agree. If Teams can't run their home meetings against Poole we should get the 75-0. Our club had June off and have only three home meetings left to run, two after Wednesday against Leicester. In fact Matt Ford has resurrected the Blue Riband to fill empty dates.

No excuse for these clubs who fail to fit in the Poole meetings.

• Like 2

Lakeside will at least give someone a battle in the home leg if they qualify where as Swindon have proved in the last 2 seasons that they are cannon fodder in the play offs.

Can only see Swindon beating Leicester so it's Lakeside who are in the best place.

There's a rumour (on fb?) that Poole turned down at least two (or more?) dates for the restaging of the postponed fixture. If a team refuses to race on the date offered should they forefit 75-0? That would stop away teams being fussy or refusing a date because the promoter has got a sunbed booked wouldn't it?

First I have heard of Poole turning down any dates to go to Belle Vue, unless of course it was a Friday before a GP and we would have been without Holder.

Really looking forward to next Monday, weather permitting, though with a ridiculous start time for Poole fans and especially riders, who have to be up and away even earlier, it's going to be one hell of a long day. And hopefully 8 big fat juicy points.

The Swindon meeting will have to be part of a double header as we have five meetings scheduled over the next three weeks and the last Friday (16th) that we have tbc, Swindon are away at Lakeside.

It might come to awarding Swindon the four points but I don't think Lakeside would be to pleased about it.

This happened many years ago when the Aces could have qualified for the play offs but they had a match outstanding at Peterborough. Matt Ford on behalf of the BSPA put a statement out saying it was tough and they were going ahead with the top four at the time. I don't think that would happen again, well unless The Aces are in fifth ever again.

The Swindon meeting will have to be part of a double header as we have five meetings scheduled over the next three weeks and the last Friday (16th) that we have tbc, Swindon are away at Lakeside.

It might come to awarding Swindon the four points but I don't think Lakeside would be to pleased about it.

This happened many years ago when the Aces could have qualified for the play offs but they had a match outstanding at Peterborough. Matt Ford on behalf of the BSPA put a statement out saying it was tough and they were going ahead with the top four at the time. I don't think that would happen again, well unless The Aces are in fifth ever again.

I am sure we could force ourselves, despite much reluctance, to accept 4 points.

There's a rumour (on fb?) that Poole turned down at least two (or more?) dates for the restaging of the postponed fixture. If a team refuses to race on the date offered should they forefit 75-0? That would stop away teams being fussy or refusing a date because the promoter has got a sunbed booked wouldn't it?

Think you are allowed to be offered 3 dates for a restaging.

Zielona Gora vs Tarnow postponed yesterday and run on 29th August..... What will Doyle do??

Nothing on here that interests us... Cant believe the attitude of our promotions. I think they don't put any importance in it.....