Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Play Off Race - Top 4

Zielona Gora vs Tarnow postponed yesterday and run on 29th August..... What will Doyle do??

That date of the 29th August is NOT confirmed- Zielona Gora v Tarnow could be this Thursday the 25th

Edited by racers and royals

Seems pretty clear cut to me, Doyle should ride for Swindon as this was in the calendar first.

Should do...... But you know Poland will throw ther weight around.

Let's be honest, irrespective of whether it's us (Lakeside) or indeed Swindon that make the final play-off place, either one of us is only going to be in the top 4 to make up the numbers.

And with the Aces, Wolves and Pirates all going so well to cause this particularly close three-horse race (in recent memory anyway), it endorses the fact that the play-off system isn't actually necessary, nor required.

But as long as Lord Shoutalot and Kelvin 'no question Nige' Tantrum get a few extra nights pay packets, I guess Sky Sports are happy enough.

Maybe it appeals to the newer brigade; but as a Hackney fan, I was always bought up to not really give a tuppenny toss who won the league; as long as I saw WEEKLY meetings on a well-prepared track; with teams 'as per programme' and close, fair, exciting races throughout. I'm sure that I am not alone. Those basic, fundamental requirements now seem to have vanished into the ether.

The trouble is that Speedway has become so sterile; with incomprehensible rules and dire decision-making re: 'guests', etc. that the powers that be needed to introduce this pathetic system in order to apparently make the sport more exciting. Along with double point tactical rides, they've been clutching at straws for years now to balance things up. Has it worked? Of course it bloody well hasn't.

In reality, it's completely unfair; and turns Elite(?) League Speedway into an utter farce.

Edited by The Voice Of Reason
  • Like 4

Everybody can agree with that but unfortunately us fans are in the hands of the promoters.

Jokers, copious amounts of guests, poor track prep leading to cancellations, the play offs, crazy fixture planning, nonsense rules the list goes on of loss making decisions (both in terms of money and crowds) that us poor few have to endure as we cling on to the sport we love.

Like you say I'm all about the 60 seconds of adrenalin fuelled action. Block out the rest and it's as good as ever.

Seems pretty set as look at fourth paragraph from the bottom....

http://www.speedwaygp.com/_mobile/article/5146/wroclaw-wrap-up-play-off-place

Doesn`t seem clear at all to me- What does Speedway GP know about the Polish Extraleague decision making- Actually it`s been announced a few minutes ago that it is as I said(apologies accepted) on Thursday 25 th August start time 7.30 pm local

Belle Vue V Swindon has been rearranged for 14th September

Another cr£p date- Danish league final(4 teams) that night

And Somerset racing that night.

Let's be honest, irrespective of whether it's us (Lakeside) or indeed Swindon that make the final play-off place, either one of us is only going to be in the top 4 to make up the numbers.

I don’t agree with that, to be honest – I think Swindon are going to give any team they are drawn against a serious issue. I would say this season is the embodiment of why Play Offs should be in place, as I don’t consider myself part of any kind of newer brigade.

I don’t think many on this forum will be part of a newer brigade, most will probably have 10 + years of following the sport under their belt (not that time attending really matters).

Edited by The Mockingjay

I have updated the first page after each EL meeting so that it shows how many points are still available and meetings left.